PKSonikal
Byond Username: PK_Sonikal

[MagmaExploiter2] - Noted for giving sentience to dangerous simplemobs

Post by PKSonikal » #636585

BYOND account: PK_Sonikal
Character name: Shotaro Haruyama
Ban type: Note
Ban length: N/A
The Note Itself: "As a non-antagonist scientist, sentience potion'd two dangerous gold slime extract mobs, a glockroach and an ice spider. For fun, directly instructed the glockroach to attack security, and told the spider to prank security, which it did by attacking them. Warned for self-antagging and asked to be more responsible with sentience potions."
Time note was placed: 2022-04-06 19:12:10
Server you were playing on when noted: Manuel
Round ID in which note was placed: 181181
Your side of the story: I was bored after seeing xenobiology already worked on and wanted to inject a little bit of harmless chaos into the round by giving some mobs sentience potions. The first of these mobs was a glockroach, whose gun I thought was harmless. I didn't know any better, so I told it to "go shoot Sec" "It'll be funny". The second of these was a spider. Due to a language barrier, I tried to communicate in gestures and tell it to prank them as well which, as the note mentions, it did by attacking them. The third of these was simply a xeno maid with the task of "leaving no crewmember unpolished".
Why you think this note should be removed: I didn't know any better when it came to the glockroach, and the case with the spider was just a bit of miscommunication. I wasn't trying to self-antag more than I was trying to add chaos into the round, since it was boring and all.
References of good conduct: This is my second note in the server after getting one at 33h of playtime (108h for this note). If anything, I try my best to follow the rules, but sometimes I do get carried away by chaos/boredom. I'm sorry if this happens.
Anything else we should know: I will try my best to keep being responsible with dangerous simplemobs. I'll avoid giving sentience to spiders due to this incident of miscommunication. If this note won't be removed, I'd appreciate at least amending it with a bit of the information that I added with this appeal.
MagmaExploiter
Byond Username: MagmaExploiter2

Re: [MagmaExploiter2] - Noted for giving sentience to dangerous simplemobs

Post by MagmaExploiter » #636703

Hey, thanks for taking the time to appeal.

Having taken a second look at the situation, I'm willing to knock the spider part off the note, as that one was a miscommunication and misunderstanding on both sides; though keeping in mind that most simplemobs can't really do a whole lot other than attack things, I'm not sure what else you expected it to do. I'll keep the rest of the note, though - I appreciate your understanding on the matter, hence this being left as a minor note, but making a sentient xenobio mob and telling it to attack security to add chaos to the round does indeed count as self-antagging, and I'm not willing to completely strike that from the record.
MagmaExploiter
Byond Username: MagmaExploiter2

Re: [MagmaExploiter2] - Noted for giving sentience to dangerous simplemobs

Post by MagmaExploiter » #637136

I've gone ahead and edited the note as detailed above.