[sylphet] atlasle - atlasle ban: the bannening

Appeals which have been closed.
gartigglesauce
Byond Username: Atlasle

[sylphet] atlasle - atlasle ban: the bannening

Post by gartigglesauce » #636766

BYOND account: atlasle
Character name: Opie Sidower (but I wasn't playing)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Linked DDOS tools in Manuelcord. DDOS on Campbell soon after. Surely these are unrelated incidents.
Time ban was placed: 2022-04-08 17:35:38
Server you were playing on when banned: Campbell (again I wasn't playing or have ever played on campbell)
Round ID in which ban was placed: 181274 (not a round I participated in)
Your side of the story: Okay, I didn't do it. I was in the voice chat with others joking about the stuff in manuelcord, fikou was there along with a few others so you can ask him to vouch for me, so I linked the first thing that shows up when you type "top ten ddos" on google because it was funny and we were talking about ddoses, I even added "useful dev tool" as a joke, and coincidentally somebody ddossed campbell, server which I do not give a fuck about or would ddos, by the way I don't ddos shit I'm not a moron, I have better things to do, I was literally playing nuclear throne while this happened.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because I didn't do it?
References of good conduct: literally every moment except this one
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: [sylphet] atlasle - atlasle ban: the bannening

Post by Fikou » #636768

Hi I was there in the voice chat when it happened I can confirm everyone was just joking around and I do not believe the player here was in any way shape or form related to the incident.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #636771

I see literally no way that posting DDOS tools in a side discord in the middle of a controversial decision about Manuel where tensions are high and people are transparently discussing griefing Campbell could possibly be done in good faith and will not lift this under any circumstances.

Headmins have been requested to rule on this in jannie channels.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
gartigglesauce
Byond Username: Atlasle

Post by gartigglesauce » #636775

yeah I don't play on campbell or anything plus I didn't post "ddos tools" I posted an article that was the first result for "top ten ddos tools", plus plus I don't follow the community or anything I was just going along with what other people were saying in the voice chat that I joined because my friends cellular lamp and chimpston were in
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #636776

Logs aren't public yet, but we're being told the link was https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/ddos-attack-tools/.

We've discussed this internally and have no issue with how Sylphet conducted themselves. From their perspective, you posted DDoSing tools while we were going through an ongoing DDoS attack. This is very much a game of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

That being said, with extra context, you don't appear to be doing it in bad faith. We're going to lower the ban to 90 days to hopefully drill home to not get yourself caught in stupid stuff like this, just without making you wait an entire year.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #636778

I'm gonna remove this ban.

It was clear from what i saw that you got caught up in making fun of the fact that one person was trying to ping a port, and even a 90 day ban is excessive for that.

Let's call it time served and a reminder to consider how such things can look if you are unluckily enough to have somebody do the thing you were joking about doing.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)