Johanot
Byond Username: Johanot

[WalterMeldron] Johanot - banned for posting ascii the fourth

Post by Johanot » #637854

BYOND account: Johanot
Character name: Garrett Kelley
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: posted 2 fake ips in OOC and then posted an ascii art in ooc. then posted an ascii art in ahelp
Time ban was placed: 19:13 23.11.2021
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 173551

Your side of the story: I posted ascii art of the "gigachad" meme in OOC (i did that because i, at the time, thought it was funny and would bring a little joy to the other players on the server at the time (it was unfunny and led to serious consequences)) along with fake ips of the admins who were online at that time (main reason why it was unfunny). when waltermeldron ahelped me regarding my silly attempts at jokes, i posted the same ascii art to him

Why you think you should be unbanned: Now, before you reject this, I just want to say that I do remember being told to only come back a year after the previous appeal. For why I'm posting this already, here are the reasons, which I would be very grateful indeed if you read before rejecting this appeal:

1) (i know that I've repeated this one 3-4 times already) I consider a one-year timeout too excessive for a (comparatively) (subjectively) minor offence such as posting 2 ascii arts and 2 fake IP's (which, as i understand, was not the main reason for the three consecutive rejections of my appeals, but it was the fact that I was trying to make a clown of myself by not taking the matter seriously enough right up until it was too late)
2) about three months have passed since my last attempt at an appeal, which is basically 4 months, which is pretty much 5 months, which is about 6 months, which can be rounded up to 7 months, which can become 8 months if we ignore the gap, which is mostly referred to as "9 months", which is usually 10 months, which is not that far from 11 months, which is almost a full year /j
3) a lot has happened in those 3 months, something that makes a whole year seem and feel like a much larger time gap than what it seemed before. especially so for a conscript-age young man in a country with "leaders", who get a hard-on for sending cannon fodder into a meat grinder and watching it get torn apart

For my hours playing SS13 I can recall quite a few fun happenings. One of the recent ones is me bonding with a plasmaman player over abandoned crates. One time I saw him trying to unlock one near cargo, which I helped him with (it was also pretty funny that the first result you get from googling "abandoned crate ss13" is the article from the vorestation wiki). We would then spend many a consecutive round rushing to cargo/mining outpost roundstart and cracking the crates, it was jolly fun. I don't remember the name of that plasmaman, but I remember him always being an assistant wearing an orange suit. One other time I was a nuke ops and we all died before we left the base, because one of us misclicked and shot a macro-bomb Cayenne, it even got posted on digg and got mad updoots. I am telling all of that because I wanted to share, and also because I want to prove to you that playing SS13 for me is all about creating, or supporting, fun situations, even though I am not always in the mood for that. So, to summarise, it would bring me great pleasure to get back into the community and become an active part of it. And I can't wait to see what has changed in the maps, features and content during my 4-month absence, what new people have arrived and who has left.

References of good conduct: In all honesty, playing any classic-SS13 server after /tg/ is a big challenge. Mostly because of still existent intents, but also because of the many missing QoL features, it's just such a chore for me, even if it means getting a reference of good conduct. I mean, I COULD just sit afk in a server and then ask an admin for a reference, but that would be wrong, wouldn't it?

Anything else we should know: unrelated, but i find it mildly amusing that these forums have the option to include an embedded soundcloud link, I wonder how often this feature is used?

tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: [WalterMeldron] Johanot - banned for posting ascii the fourth

Post by tattle » #637859

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Re: [WalterMeldron] Johanot - banned for posting ascii the fourth

Post by Waltermeldron » #637865

I'll be lifting this ban and turning it into a 1 year (from today) OOC ban. If you are told to not do something in OOC and then proceed to do it in the ahelp, this is a very bad idea and harsh punishments will be applied.
You should also not jokingly post the IPs of admins as this will also be dealt harshly