[Thunder12345] Seth Deces - Server Ban I knew robot laws to well or didn't know them at all

Appeals which have been closed.
Hoolny
Byond Username: Hoolny

[Thunder12345] Seth Deces - Server Ban I knew robot laws to well or didn't know them at all

Post by Hoolny » #638079

BYOND account:Hoolny
Character name: S.E.T.H. and Seth Deces
Ban type: Sever
Ban length: 7 days
Ban reason: An a Borged traitor with robocop laws, went around shocking and bolting doors in command, atmos and one of the solar, dismantling Telecomms, and welderbombing atmos, Logged out before they could be questioned. Appeal on the forums if you wish to add any additional context. This ban (BanID #60079) was applied by Thunder12345 on 2022-04-16 08:51:43 during round ID 181681. The ban is for 7 days and expires on 2022-04-23 (server time).
Time ban was placed: 2022-04-16 08:51:43
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:181681
Why you think you should be unbanned: This is gonna be pretty long and detailed from memory would have done this sooner but I didn't realize I was banned due to me turning off byond adds not letting me see the reason so I thought it was a byond issue and I reinstalled byond then had to revert the add thing because I thought that might be an issue and saw that I was banned.

I thought and still think I was doing the right thing knew this could get me into trouble but I read silicon laws and policies regarding antag borgs and I believe everything I did was justified

First of all my laws
1. Serve the public trust

2. Protect the Innocent

3. Uphold the law

So all I did was in the basis of silicon policies when it comes to borged antags borgs are still allowed to fully act as an antagonist if it does not break their laws or if the master AI tells them to stop also I think the law that says uphold the law means that I have to make others follow the law but it doesn't say for me to follow it this lawset isn't very clear also serve public trust I'm not too sure what that's supposed to mean either kind of vague it also doesn't define what an innocent is I assumed someone who hasn't committed a crime under space law

For this case never saw a single message of the master AI ever telling me to stop while I was borged I do remember there being an AI while I was a human, who wouldn’t let me out of the prison cell thanks to their lawset they probably left during the round so I should be good on that

Now the actions I took

I did bolt and shock command but there is a lot of context behind that after the captain who already knew I was a traitor after all he was the one that borged me saw me being pretty much an asshole as you are as an antag who got early borged he decided to flash me in command and kill me which I decided to fail death gasp tricking him and run away bolting the door

At this point I couldn't consider the captain as an innocent person for they have broken the law and tried to murder me since under this lawset humans and borgs are under the same level I was pretty much serving the public trust by bolting the captain decided to shock the doors for extra security then the HoS also tried to kill me at this point I have full permission to kill both of them since my laws don't go against it and I'm a traitor borg

Then I disabled comms since they were using them to cause harm towards me which goes against the law even if they hadn't I don't think my laws stop me from disabling comms as a traitor anyways

I didn't welder bomb atmos that was a gygax who was trying to kill me I put the welding tank in front of them as a barrier and they shoot it up harming no one but me slightly and them slightly also no atmos damage since the explosion isn't strong enough even if it had destroyed anything pressure and temperature wouldn't harm at worst bad gasses due to RNG.

I would like to answer questions because these actions are a bit complicated and dodgy since people usually don't even know that borg traitors can still be pretty evil I think I made the round more fun with some action and I followed all my laws.

Also, I disconnected because it was the night and I was tired and I had already done enough as the borg I actually ran to HoS and Captain in the hallway on purpose when I knew they had an ion weapon just because I wanted it to be over.

References of good conduct: All my previous notes are about antag rolling which I had stopped for a while and I don't really ever do stuff for no reason everything I do is justified and so is this.

Anything else we should know: It was pretty fun I had fun and I'm pretty sure the people trying to kill me had fun not much action when the server is being DDOS and everyone is leaving I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single other antag against the station after I died.

Also I would have consulted an admin but there wasn't a single one on so I just used my best judgment it really isn't my fault that this default lawset is so shitty and vague.
Last edited by Hoolny on Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: [Thunder12345] Seth Deces - Server Ban I knew robot laws to well or didn't know them at all

Post by iamgoofball » #638121

As a note, if there's no admins on and you ahelp, it will ping active admins on discord and on the other servers to pop over and help you
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Re: [Thunder12345] Seth Deces - Server Ban I knew robot laws to well or didn't know them at all

Post by Tearling » #638176

Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #638471

Hey, sorry it took me a while to respond. I understand the non-Asimov lawsets don’t always have a clear interpretation, but some of the actions you took here were definitely a little excessive for robocop laws. Serving the public trust loosely means not doing things that are detrimental to the public, which would include taking down comms. I’ll lift this and leave it as a learning experience on dealing with unusual lawsets, as I can understand where you were coming from with your actions.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Hoolny
Byond Username: Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #638478

Understandable have a nice day I’ll just ask admins when ever it’s law stuff and I’m not 100% sure like I usually do didn’t realized what serve the public trust meant entirely