Character name: Kaylie Petrova
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Metacommuncations with Houndblues, Roniii and TaillyLaudis
Time ban was placed: 2021-12-07 21:57:35
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 174377
Your side of the story:
I was in a small discord server hosted by my friend, I exchanged information by sending screenshots and saying few words about what happened during the round without the intent for anyone to use the information to gain an advantage, most of the time other people were offline when I send those messages and pictures except a few cases. It was a misunderstanding of the rules on my end I was not aware that the rules forbid any external communication during the rounds.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
As I said it was a misunderstanding of the rules without any malicious intent, I have learnt my lesson and it's already been almost half a year since I got banned.
References of good conduct: Since the ban I have played on beestation and during the 305,7 hours at the time of writing this I have not gotten a single remark
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Re: [NamelessFairy] Kapselgamer - Metacommunications

Post by NamelessFairy » #638742

Firstly I'll apologies for the delay in responding to this.
During this delay I've been informed that you've been warned 3 times on Beestation. Amassing several warnings in such a short timeframe sours your reference of good conduct severely.

As for the rest of your appeal, you claim that you didn't understand the rules, despite this, while engaging in metacommunications you pointed out that you knew what it was by name and that its not "great". Including asking the people you were metacomming with to not go to your location, all of this in context makes me believe that you are familiar with our rules to a level above what you are claiming in your appeal, as someone who doesn't know its against the rules wouldn't make an effort to hide it by discouraging people to come to your aid.
Below is an extract of your metacommunications which I'm referring to in my above paragraph.
► Show Spoiler
Anyways, in summary, over a number of rounds you engaged in meta-comms involving sharing of images and critical in round information, including but not limited to revealing antagonist types and warning people of hazards on the station. You also appealed with a passable reference of good conduct but managed to turn it into a negative reference in less than a week. I do not think it will be beneficial to the servers to lift this ban at this point.

TLDR: Its been less than half a year and you were banned for a severe infraction and have what seems like a negative reputation on another server. as such this appeal is denied.
kapselgamer
Byond Username: Kapselgamer

Re: [NamelessFairy] Kapselgamer - Metacommunications

Post by kapselgamer » #638846

About screenshot from what I remember of that I think most of the people on the server were not playing at the time and i mentioned that metacomms are bad after telling them to not go there because that would be using the information gained outside the game, which i did not want them to do.

As for the admin notes on beestation they were:
-hacking a single door as the mime to make a bar of soap (My starting bar of soap was stolen and I couldn't find any bars laying around as the mime).
-shoving someone and slamming them on a table (in my defence they were rude to a new player who was trying to figure things out).
-steal the captain's locker (which I have done after the captain stole my gear and locked me up in the brig for shoving him once because of his meta grudge, afterwards i have returned it with all the gear).
This still roughly equates to an admin note every 124 hours and they were not all serious notes
I can go into more details why i have done those things if needed but, I understand why i shouldn't have done them.

There have been no instances of metacomms since then

It's been 140 days since the ban I had a lot of time to reflect on what i did i know that it was wrong and i do not intend on repeating my mistakes.

Sorry if I'm wasting your time.