Appeals which have been closed.
anobis

[jaredfogle] anobis - OOC drunk shit talking

Post by anobis » #638350

BYOND account: Anobis
Character name: Dustyn Taylor
Ban type: OOC
Ban length: 2 months / 62 days
Ban reason: In OOC: "I have a video of ur mom sucking my pens drry off its tip!" "yeah if ur mom said so I love her so much sorry if i offended you she is so sexy" "thats what my mom said last night to rs moms in the corner" ... and other stupid shit. When ahelped about it said said "i stop talking retarded in ooc now sorry i have aspergers syndrome".
Time ban was placed: 2022-02-20 05:47:15
Server you were playing on when banned: Basil or Sybil I switch between the two and was drunk at the time so I dont exactly remember.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 181880

Your side of the story: Honestly I was drunk and the ban reason itself says most of the story, I failed to understand/figure out how to reply to a admin notice in time and tried to use ahelp to respond/apologize and it looks like that was the final straw.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Well I attempted to do what i could to correct my behavior and apologize after I got a admin notice but it didn't work out as planned and I really shouldn't have been saying or doing anything that justifies a admin notice to begin with. So I can't really say it was unjustified, but I'm still posting this appeal so that others understand my point of view and/or give my appeal some consideration because I did try to act in good faith after the admin notice but being drunk at the time and having bad social skills made that very hard to convey/accomplish.

References of good conduct: I only really play tg and dont do stupid shit often so if there are logs of my previous behavior on tg it should serve as a good back up to my claim that I dont do stupid shit often.

Anything else we should know: If we could work out a temp unban for today and you can resume my 2 month ban after that would be awesome as I'm trying to show some friends how to play and dont really like non-tg servers. I'l say this again though: the ban is mostly justified. So I can completely understand why this might sound like too large of a request or why you would ignore this whole appeal to begin with as its mostly just asking for the favor, but please just give it some consideration.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [jaredfogle] anobis - OOC drunk shit talking

Post by Mothblocks » #638359

Frankly I was just frustrated at how useless your ahelp response was. This was placed alongside a permanent OOC ban. I'll shrink the server ban way down to a few days, but the OOC ban is going to stick.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
anobis

Post by anobis » #638366

Mothblocks wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:26 pm Frankly I was just frustrated at how useless your ahelp response was. This was placed alongside a permanent OOC ban. I'll shrink the server ban way down to a few days, but the OOC ban is going to stick.
Thanks man, yeah sorry about how bad my drunk attempt at a response was at the time. I think the better lesson for me to learn here is to not get on tg shitfaced. I'm very grateful for the ban shrink, because as I stated in the appeal it was a justified ban.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #638375

Yeah just don't play under the influence again and you're good 👍
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<