[Nervere] LeadOnTaste - Grief Permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
LeadOnTaste
Byond Username: LeadOnTaste

[Nervere] LeadOnTaste - Grief Permaban

Post by LeadOnTaste » #639268

BYOND account: LeadOnTaste
Character name: Damien Hawkins (presumably)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Burned down all of robotics, killing two people for being greedy and not giving him augments. This is a blatant grief and this guy has a long story of shittery.
Time ban was placed: 2019-06-09 16:00:30
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry (presumably)
Round ID in which ban was placed: 110207
Your side of the story: Due to the ban being applied long ago, I do not remember this round, but I can guess that it would be an argument where roboticists probably were rude, or I was too annoying.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not remember myself playing at Terry, thus, likely, could not commit it. However, I've heard a story from my friend, who got similar ban for being a bit too radical 40k-ish chaplain, but can not remember if he was banned on a russian furry-friendly server or it happened here. It was very long ago, and I definitely became more mature. In addition to this, I also want to apologise for such low act if it really had a place at any /tg/ server and if it was me and not that friend of mine who likes playing chaplain.
References of good conduct: Played Beestation, TGMC, Halo, IS12, Grimdark 13, NSV13, CEV Eris, Citadel (Main) and russian Paradise-based server SS220. However, I could not get too good reputation there due to me being not very talkative person, but a few TGMC players (including Wheatley2013) from RU-community know me as a good loadout builder, few [EN] Eris players (El Presidente and Jack Frost) know me as IHS guidemaker and loadout builder. I am also a main coder of the one of two EN-speaking IS12-based 40K servers while also partially a spriter, and de-facto owner of a small private russian 40K which I turned into a puppet of the same server, teaching them almost all mechanics of the build.
Anything else we should know: Had multiple bans amongst EN-community which I regret about, mostly earned on emotions of my youth or by naive ignorance. Also was not too welcome at Eris and NSV13 for trying to be too active, and got some issues with Beestation community for being not too tolerant to their manner of LRP (especially frequent acts of greytiding towards R&D). Also willingly sacrificed myself by slurring in OOC at TGMC to win the time (however, since I wanted the rest of the playerbase to have a few more minutes to chill and chat at lobby before the server went down, as I consider most them nice at least in OOC, however I can not know if they behave themselves like that in Discord (banned there too for having conflicts about roleplay style). A. e. today the trial admin took the server down at 23 pop, presumably for low amount of people ready, although it was very possibly caused by few crashfans forcing their favorite gamemode that nobody likes.
LeadOnTaste

Post by LeadOnTaste » #639269

I am really sorry, peeps.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Nervere] LeadOnTaste - Grief Permaban

Post by Timberpoes » #639289

Nervere is no longer an admin. I'll handle your appeal in their place.

I'm currently doing a bit of research on this ban so I can make a properly informed decision, so it may take a bit for me to get back to you.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #639309

https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/LeadOnTaste

Your history from last year on other SS13 game servers doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me. While you've managed to keep yourself mostly clean, your ban on Shiptest at the end of last year is very concerning. Since you last played on tgstation, our host created a new anti-bigotry rule that would almost certainly have seen you banned from here for doing the same thing you did there.

I doubt you were unwelcome at Eris and NSV13 for trying to be too active. I suspect by "too active" you meant you were spending too much time breaking their rules or griefing their server or players.

While tg's LRP is more relaxed than Bee's and we're more tolerant of greytiding, excessive greytiding is still a bannable offense here and many players are sick of dealing with it.

There's no such thing as a "willing sacrifice" by slurring in OOC, and you have a history of misusing OOC here.

As a headmin I'm trying to direct the server away from bigotry and racism, as well as encouraging admins to clamp down on pointless acts of grief and shittery that benefit nobody except the player performing them. Whilst you fully own up to having a number of issues across the primariy EN-speaking SS13 community, I'm not sure you've truly understood the problem with your behaviour and I don't want to take that risk.

As a result, I will be denying this appeal. You can re-appeal this ban again in 1 year, however if you're able to return with a vouch of good behaviour from a reputable public server you may instead re-appeal at any time.

There are probably plenty of good servers you haven't been permanently banned from yet like Skyrat, /vg/station, Goonstation, Beestation, Paradise, TGMC etc. If you can play on another server for a few months and they'll vouch that you put in the hours without getting any major problems, it'll go a long way to showing our server that you can get on well with other players and follow server rules.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
LeadOnTaste

Post by LeadOnTaste » #639386

Timberpoes wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:23 pm https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/LeadOnTaste

Your history from last year on other SS13 game servers doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me. While you've managed to keep yourself mostly clean, your ban on Shiptest at the end of last year is very concerning. Since you last played on tgstation, our host created a new anti-bigotry rule that would almost certainly have seen you banned from here for doing the same thing you did there.

I doubt you were unwelcome at Eris and NSV13 for trying to be too active. I suspect by "too active" you meant you were spending too much time breaking their rules or griefing their server or players.

While tg's LRP is more relaxed than Bee's and we're more tolerant of greytiding, excessive greytiding is still a bannable offense here and many players are sick of dealing with it.

There's no such thing as a "willing sacrifice" by slurring in OOC, and you have a history of misusing OOC here.

As a headmin I'm trying to direct the server away from bigotry and racism, as well as encouraging admins to clamp down on pointless acts of grief and shittery that benefit nobody except the player performing them. Whilst you fully own up to having a number of issues across the primariy EN-speaking SS13 community, I'm not sure you've truly understood the problem with your behaviour and I don't want to take that risk.

As a result, I will be denying this appeal. You can re-appeal this ban again in 1 year, however if you're able to return with a vouch of good behaviour from a reputable public server you may instead re-appeal at any time.

There are probably plenty of good servers you haven't been permanently banned from yet like Skyrat, /vg/station, Goonstation, Beestation, Paradise, TGMC etc. If you can play on another server for a few months and they'll vouch that you put in the hours without getting any major problems, it'll go a long way to showing our server that you can get on well with other players and follow server rules.
Timberpoes wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:23 pm https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/LeadOnTaste

By "too active" I meant spending time on discussions of lore like "which faction probably relates to which nation", trying to write guides, agitate peeps into a department and trying to establish just a bit of constant department staff, which I managed to do with IHS at least partially. They even kinda took my idea of ten-codes system, I suppose. I also tried to bring a bit of corporate culture, as example Ironhammer got some Warframe/GSG/XCOM 2 ADVENT/USA different PDs vibes - we took the Solaris colony theme (We All Lift Together) and edited the lyrics to fit as an Ironhammer song, made some Payday 2 and Satellite Reign-inspired loadouts (cloaker/taser/bulldozer and GenSys trooper). I also never was racist, rather, I am heading the same course as you. Shiptest was an attempt to make a shitty joke since I had a ship which is basically a prisonbreak makeshift shuttle. I am not sure if TGMC community ever spots me since I am not only robomainer that tanks-a-lot with his GPMG, but also an AI player which is, basically, pretty shady job.