Lyude75
Byond Username: Lyude

[Thunder12345] - Lyude - suggestive circuit bot

Post by Lyude75 » #639797

BYOND account: Lyude
Character name: Javid Javis
Ban type: Server
Ban length: perma
Ban reason: The ban reason is: Infringement to rule 8 (bitch bot and pimp bot using circuits, saying scripted suggestive messages depending on interaction with players)

Time ban was placed: 2021-07-25

Server you were playing on when banned: Terry

Round ID in which ban was placed: 166613

Your side of the story: I used circuits (money and bot shells) to make a bitch bot and a pimp bot asking to get money for "certain services" that I don't need to explicit (for the sake of not hurting people that is) and interacting with a set of scripted suggestive messages. Someone (not me I insist on that) decided to use a radio on common channel to let it be heard from anyone in station, prompting an admin to ask me and in the end bann me for infringemr,to rule 8.

Why you think you should be unbanned: it's been a long time ago (9 months) and I had more than enough time to reflect on the mistake I did then (scripting such monologs with sexual allusions). What I did then, which was plain stupid, does not represent me as a human being (in the way I don't do this kind of thing IRL for obvious reasons). I acknowledge that there are subjects that should not be lightly considered nor even entered in a public game for the sake of not making things bad for some people or to make a downward spiral for the gameplay and quality of time spent online. Plus I don't like people behaving grossly (I work in an environment which is quite demanding regarding public behaviour so I know that there are limits not to cross).
I don't like the idea of being still banned despite the fact that I have moved on long ago. I think that I should be given the chance to prove that I am not getting into this ever again, therefore I plead here for my case, in a humble manner.

Anything else we should know: I have moved to beestation where I played quite a lot (I haven't played for some time but that does not erase my playing time there, where I behaved without getting any ban nor even warning from Bee's admins). Therefore I suppose I can be certified as a well behaving player. Again, I reflected on what I have done and have not in any manner done anything remotely as stupid as that ever again
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] - Lyude - suggestive circuit bot

Post by Thunder11 » #639838

It sounds from what I've read here like you've learned your lesson, so I see no reason not to offer you another chance here. Ban lifted.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578