technicaloveride
Byond Username: Joe13413

[Harricross] Joe13413 - im (hopefully) back

Post by technicaloveride » #640038

BYOND account: Joe13413
Character name: Joachim Straub
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: (MRP) As a traitor chemist, attempted to kill two roboticists after threatening to kill them if they did not hand their internals over immediately. They at the time, had a captain's ID and every opportunity to obtain internals in R&D without the need to murder. This seems like a flimsy excuse to rack up a higher body count and considering your extremely high number of notes/bans combined with your last warning, I'm going to have to escalation this from a note into a permanent ban. We've given you an innumerable amount of chances to change, but there is only so much before enough is enough.
Time ban was placed: 2021-11-10, 07:56:35
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 172809
Your side of the story: My target was in departures, it was depressurized and I had no internals, so I went into robotics, the closest department and decided to mug the roboticist for internals instead of finding a locker with my golden ID. The roboticist and a nearby scientist attacked me with a crowbar, and I took this as validation enough to try and murder them both. I had a lapse of judgement and in the heat of the chaos I didnt consider the other options to get internals.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been about half a year since I was permabanned, and I've been trying my best to improve. I've gotten ~290 hours on Monkestation and TGMC combined, and I've only gotten one note on TGMC for a minor rule misunderstanding in that time. I'm really sorry for all the stuff I've done in the year I played TG, and I can promise you I won't be a shit anymore.
References of good conduct: Got a pretty clean record in the 240hrs I've played TGMC, only one minor note and no notes in the 50 hours I've played on Monkestation
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Re: [Harricross] Joe13413 - im (hopefully) back

Post by Harricross » #640057

Hi, thanks for making an appeal.

Generally, permaban appeals are done after a year has passed, but after some discussion with other admins - I've decided to unban you as there is confirmation of your clean record on TGMC as well as some other factors.

For some context, your note/ban history is exceptionally extensive and the reason why myself and a handful of others gave you many chances was because we genuinely believed you were on the right track since you went without a note for approximately two months.

During that period, you contributed to the gameplay/station positively with your interactions with other players, but ultimately declined back into gathering two bans and a note within roughly fourteen days.

I do believe people can change drastically within half a year and I'm willing to believe what you say, I'll lift the ban once I return from work tomorrow or if someone else gets it.

Other than that, please keep out of trouble and enjoy playing the game again.
technicaloveride
Byond Username: Joe13413

Post by technicaloveride » #640061

awesome thanks
Moltov
Byond Username: Moltov

Post by Moltov » #640074

technicaloveride wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:49 pm awesome thanks
Welcome back, king.