toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

[hulkamania] week ban for 1 ping

Post by toemas » #640533

Discord username: Thoman#6948
Commonly used names: thomas
Ban reason: pinging admins
Time ban was placed: just now
Your side of the story:i tried to do a fake ping as a joke but accidently did a real one i tried to delete the ping and it didnt work and i got banned for a week
Why you think you should be unbanned: it was 1 ping and i didnt mean to do it so 1 week seems kinda mean can u please unban? or lower ban
Last edited by toemas on Wed May 11, 2022 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [hulkamania] week ban for 1 ping

Post by Hulkamania » #640534

Your immediate action upon making a ping was to delete it, which does nothing for the people you've pinged. Then the first thing you did was blame another user for it after deleting it, which really doesn't give me much in the terms of faith.

Can you explain why your first reaction was to immediately put the blame on someone else?
toemas

Post by toemas » #640535

Hulkamania wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:46 am Your immediate action upon making a ping was to delete it, which does nothing for the people you've pinged.
i thought that maybe if i deleted it fast enough then it would unping u or something idk, i guess it was just like reflex. i did something bad so my first thought on how to fix it was just get rid of it
Hulkamania wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:46 am Can you explain why your first reaction was to immediately put the blame on someone else?
well you see this was just a joke, i was not actually scheming and trying to blame cyan for my actions, it was merely a jest, it is funny to make fun of cyan and accuse him of things he did not do, i am telling the truth im sure u can ask him and he'll back me up
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #640536

I'm reducing your time out to one day and leaving it at that.

I don't entirely believe you but I'm willing to lower it regardless.
toemas

Post by toemas » #640539

Thanks