toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

[vekter] Eating my hat

Post by toemas » #645919

BYOND account:Realthoman_
Character name: Phillip Thomas
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 2 days
Ban reason/time:https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil/Terry/Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 185979
Your side of the story: I was a revolutionary, and i was engaged in a conflict with a few heads of staff in cargo. There was several other people fighting and it was practically a warzone. I kill the captain with his own sabre and lazgun. I begin looting the corpse, i drop my sabre for a moment, and my comrade, a botanist steals the sabre from under me. I ask him nicely to give me the sabre back. he replies with "its not yours" when i move towards him to retrieve it, he sprints towards the autolathe, and recycles it [?], deleting it. At this point i got a bit irritated, We are literally in an active warzone, the QM and several others are nearby, my fucking KEYBOARD IS BROKEN AND I HAVE TO KEEP PLACING THE KEYS BACK IN BECAUSE THEY KEEP FALLING OUT, the fighting is absolutely not over and this chimp is just stealing shit from me and then deleting it for no reason. I shoot and stab the baboon a few times and then allow him to fuck off into maints. The revolution ends like one minute later [we lost, like i said, urgent situation] few MORE minutes later and the dumbass comes charging out of maint, directly at me, and starts stabbing me in the head with a spear. I kill him pretty easily at which point vekter bwoinks me. I explain to him what happened. He starts chastising me for "improper escalation" so i just tell him to fuck off or ban me [this was, in hindsight, a stupid thing to say] and he proceeded to ban me
Why you think you should be unbanned: guy on my team starts fucking with me and deletes an irreplaceable and useful weapon in a very urgent and intense situation.I retaliate and he leaves, then after the revolution ends and hes no longer my comrade, he returns later to try and kill me, after the conflict is already over [even though he started it lol] I kill him, then get banned. I think what i did was mostly justified, and even if it isnt, the ban does not accurately depict the situation at all, i did not kill him for stealing my sabre and he was not a "fellow rev" when i killed him.
Anything else we should know: https://tenor.com/view/angry-black-cat- ... f-24606499
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [vekter] Eating my hat

Post by Vekter » #645921

I did go ahead and look into this further. I'm seeing where he did come back and actively try to kill you, even saying that he was doing so. This was also after the revolution ended, so he really didn't have a reason to come back at you aside from you shooting at him earlier.
[2022-07-03 04:46:29.916] SAY: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) "there's a guy we need to kill" (Fore Port Maintenance (70,169,2))
[2022-07-03 04:46:32.228] SAY: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) "his name is philip" (Fore Port Maintenance (70,169,2))
[2022-07-03 04:46:34.485] SAY: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) "he took the captains body" (Fore Port Maintenance (70,169,2))
[2022-07-03 04:46:37.318] ATTACK: Realthoman_/(Phillip Thomas) has been deconverted from the revolution by gamemode_station_win! (Quartermaster's Office (74,136,2))
[2022-07-03 04:46:37.372] ATTACK: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) has been deconverted from the revolution by gamemode_station_win! (Fore Port Maintenance (70,169,2))
[2022-07-03 04:46:46.939] SAY: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) "thanks" (Fore Port Maintenance (70,169,2))
[2022-07-03 04:46:50.629] SAY: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) "lets kill him" (Fore Port Maintenance (69,169,2))
[2022-07-03 04:46:53.929] EMOTE: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) points at Nicholas Leichter (Fore Port Maintenance (70,166,2))
[2022-07-03 04:46:54.929] SAY: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) "come on" (Fore Port Maintenance (69,167,2))
[2022-07-03 04:47:06.434] SAY: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) "he was a rev" (Fore Port Maintenance (69,167,2))
[2022-07-03 04:47:07.398] SAY: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) "come on" (Fore Port Maintenance (69,167,2))
[2022-07-03 04:47:16.491] ATTACK: Atom The Prophet/(Ryan Johnson) has attacked Realthoman_/(Phillip Thomas) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 56.5) (Fore Port Maintenance (75,163,2))
I maintain that you over-escalated before after he took your sword, but your killing him was definitely valid. I'll remove the note and the ban.

Your behavior in the ahelp sucked, but it shouldn't result in you being banned for something that didn't warrant a ban. Do please try to be more respectful in the future. I'm not asking you to bow down at our feet or anything, but that reaction was completely unwarranted and ended up making this more trouble than it would've been otherwise.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #645922

your right, i was being pretty needlessly hostile. My apologies, i will try and do better in the future, thanks for removing the ban
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #645923

I appreciate the apology. You're unbanned, have fun.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you