Thomasasia

[Coconutwarrior97] Thomasasia - Unban pls

Post by Thomasasia » #646938

BYOND account: Thomasasia
Character name: I dont remember
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 2019-02-21 03:11:55 (EST)
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:102154
Your side of the story: Three years ago, i got into a kerfuffle with a fellow lavaland syndie, which lead to me being banned. It basically escalated to us shooting at eachother, and me being killed.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been a long time. Ive been playing on other servers, such as CM and ss14, where the tolerance for griefing and general tomfoolery is much lower. I've learned my lesson, and my experiences have softened my playstyle. In other words, i won't be a shitter.
References of good conduct: I was commended once by a CM admin. I also now have over 100 hours on ss14, which says something about my consistent good behavior, especially considering ss14 has pretty strict admins. (My only ban was for making fun of a dwarf character). Ill send a screenshot of my steam hours on request.

Conclusion: After 3 years, I would like to rejoin the TG community. It's tightly woven, and a lot of fun to be a part of. I will be on my best behavior, and try to be a friendly and constructive part of the community.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [Coconutwarrior97] Thomasasia - Unban pls

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #646940

I will check up on those references.
Thomasasia

Post by Thomasasia » #646941

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #646942

Thomasasia wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:16 am Image
I've approved this post to explain this but do keep in mind that just showing play time isn't considered a vouch on it's own.

We will contact them, but it's generally easier for the appealing player to ask an admin on one of those servers and see if they're willing to vouch for you.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #647034

Got word back from SS14 and you have several bans there for RDM, roleplaying racism, and lastly ban evasion. Your behavior doesn't seem to have changed. So I'm gonna go ahead and deny this appeal.
https://forum.spacestation14.io/index.p ... an-appeal/
https://forum.spacestation14.io/index.p ... an-appeal/
Thomasasia

Post by Thomasasia » #647078

"Roleplaying racism" was the dwarf thing. If you want to count RPing as prejudiced against dwarfs as racism, then that's your choice.

I have no RDM bans. If i actually did have one, it was short, small, and a long time ago.

I attempted ban evasion to see if they had countermeasures against it. Didn't see any information on the github about it, so i wanted to test it out.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #647120

Yea, I don't really buy the "I was just testing ban evasion out of curiosity angle". Its fairly common knowledge that its something you shouldn't do on any server. and its also explicitly stated as a rule for SS14.

As far as the dwarf bit, its more accurate to call it prejudice but it doesn't help your case either in my eyes per rule 11. I'm continuing with my original decision to deny this appeal and will lock it now.