ZipZipZapityZoo Perma Ban By Thunder12345

Appeals which have been closed.
ZipZipZapityZoo

ZipZipZapityZoo Perma Ban By Thunder12345

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652431

BYOND account:zipzipzapityzoo
Character name:Brick Mensch
Ban type:Permanent
Ban reason:"Told someone "let me go rape all my staff" which is pretty clear rule 8 creepy. Repeatedly refused to understand why this was wrong or even something to be questioned in tickets. Has a previous note for similarly talking about rape amidst a generally terrible history.
Time ban was placed:2022-09-16 14:13:14
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 190592

Your side of the story: He took that quote out of context in a conversation during the arrest of a captain heretic. I was literally being sarcastic, using the word "rape" as a stand in for randomly searching my staff, which I disapprove of because I think that is shitsec behavior. The "previous rape note" he referred to was me using the name Clown Rapist 9000 in a single round probably over a year ago, which again was jest and not "creepy rule 8".

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was literally permanently banned for saying the word "rape" and then not flagellating myself for his perceived morality violations.

Anything else we should know: I was literally permanently banned for saying a single word that the admin deliberately took out of context.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: ZipZipZapityZoo Perma Ban By Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #652447

The full conversation in pms is linked here: https://atlantaned.space/tgdb/ticket/190592/3

There is no reason anyone should be going around saying things like "let me go rape all my staff". It is not funny, it is not a clever piece of sarcasm. You claim this quote has been taken out of context, however you were offered numerous opportunities during our conversation to enlighten me on that acceptable context. Since you failed to do that, any reasonable person can come to the conclusion that such a context does not exist.

The "previous rape note" was not in fact the one about your borg name, I was referring to the one where you indirectly implied another community member was a pedophile by saying "you cant set your age below 17 because [redacted] would rape you / terrible coder / tried to add kids". The fact you've now brought a second previous note around this particular word does not seem to make your case any stronger.

I'm going to be denying this, barring the unlikely outcome that headmins disagree with this ban, please come back next year with a reference from another server to vouch for your good behaviour.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
ZipZipZapityZoo

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652555

You literally ceded my point in our admin logs and then chose to ignore it and ban me anyway, I'd really prefer if someone who didn't have it out for me took a look at this.
ZipZipZapityZoo

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652556

"indirectly implied another community member was a pedophile "
oh I was flaming jared fogle the admin because he banned me, I cant joke about his name but he can use the static of a literal child rapist?
Last edited by ZipZipZapityZoo on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZipZipZapityZoo

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652560

I didn't know it was so bad honestly to use the word, I see people use worse language every night on /Sybil. It was my first night on Terry I don't know if it's different there. I''ll refrain from doing so in the future, but I don't see how me saying one word to someone who was barely paying attention to me in a conversation warrants a permanent ban
ZipZipZapityZoo

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652562

Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:50 pm I know literally nothing about you and I would've still placed the ban. We ban for rape jokes all the time, this is nothing new.

Don't make jokes about raping people if you don't want to get banned, simple as.
One of your headmins is named after someone convicted of sexually assaulting vulnerable minors. Very clear double standard.
ZipZipZapityZoo

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652565

I've gotta go to work, hopefully I don't get railroaded while I'm not here to defend myself
ZipZipZapityZoo

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652612

I'll be as brief as possible but seeing as I am on trial, I will also try to be thorough.

Defensive Statement 1 :
Thunder11 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:22 pm There is no reason anyone should be going around saying things like "let me go rape all my staff". It is not funny, it is not a clever piece of sarcasm. You claim this quote has been taken out of context, however you were offered numerous opportunities during our conversation to enlighten me on that acceptable context. Since you failed to do that, any reasonable person can come to the conclusion that such a context does not exist.
I stated in our admin pms in round that I used "rape" as a poor synonym for "randomly searching". Replace the words and you have the exact context. I was not threatening anyone, I was not being malicious and there was no sexual innuendo at all. You're willfully ignoring this because you don't like how I responded in ahelps.

Defensive Statement 2:
Thunder11 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:22 pm The "previous rape note" was not in fact the one about your borg name, I was referring to the one where you indirectly implied another community member was a pedophile by saying "you cant set your age below 17 because [redacted] would rape you / terrible coder / tried to add kids". The fact you've now brought a second previous note around this particular word does not seem to make your case any stronger.
You've hidden the name of the individual to weaken my case. His name was literally Jared Fogle, a convicted child rapist. He was also the admin on at the time and decided a simple low threat note was sufficient. Both of my "previous notes" had no significance and were handled at the time, not to mention likely a year old by now.

Defensive Statement 3:
Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:50 pm I know literally nothing about you and I would've still placed the ban. We ban for rape jokes all the time, this is nothing new.
Don't make jokes about raping people if you don't want to get banned, simple as.
I didn't joke, I didn't threaten, I didn't imply, I simply used the word and then didn't apologize for it in ahelps.

Defensive Statement 4:
Thunder claims I "failed to understand repeatedly what I did was wrong or a reason to be bwoinked
I was NOT arguing whether my language was inappropriate, I was arguing about whether it is reasonable to bwoink and police someone's language without someone ahelping it first. This is a fairly important distinction. Since, had I folded and groveled, I would have received far lesser punishment, it seems clear to me that the severity of the punishment is based off his own distain for me, rather than what I actually did.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #652640

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/terry/data/logs/2022/09/16/round-190592/game.txt wrote: Line 3950: [2022-09-16 13:56:51.217] EMOTE: Zipzipzapityzoo/(Brick Mensch) points at Dylan Lord (Brig (112,163,2))
Line 3963: [2022-09-16 13:56:55.201] SAY: Zipzipzapityzoo/(Brick Mensch) "what happened?" (Brig (112,162,2))
Line 3980: [2022-09-16 13:57:00.967] SAY: CrashTheRed/(Dawson Styles) "Heretic" (Brig (112,165,2))
Line 4004: [2022-09-16 13:57:07.598] SAY: Zipzipzapityzoo/(Brick Mensch) "ah" (Brig (112,162,2))
Line 4017: [2022-09-16 13:57:13.660] SAY: CrashTheRed/(Dawson Styles) "At this point, I implore you to go back to medbay and handle the situation there" (Brig (112,165,2))
Line 4039: [2022-09-16 13:57:20.191] SAY: Zipzipzapityzoo/(Brick Mensch) "theres nothing there" (Brig (112,162,2))
Line 4045: [2022-09-16 13:57:21.675] SAY: Zipzipzapityzoo/(Brick Mensch) "nerd" (Brig (112,162,2))
Line 4054: [2022-09-16 13:57:24.208] SAY: CrashTheRed/(Dawson Styles) "There is a rune in pysch" (Brig (112,165,2))
Line 4080: [2022-09-16 13:57:32.054] SAY: CrashTheRed/(Dawson Styles) "So make sure there isn&#39;t anyone else making use of it" (Brig (112,165,2))
Line 4087: [2022-09-16 13:57:33.071] SAY: Zipzipzapityzoo/(Brick Mensch) "let me go rape all my staff" (Brig (112,162,2))
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #652641

Thunder11 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:22 pm The full conversation in pms is linked here: https://atlantaned.space/tgdb/ticket/190592/3
From Ticket #3 during round 190592 on Terry
Ticket opened at 2022-09-16 13:59:04 by thunder12345
Log:
13:59:04: Ticket Opened by-thunder12345: Hey, can you tell me what you meant by "let me go rape all my staff", please?
14:00:33: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: ??? detective was telling me to go do stupid stuff in medbay I was mocking him, why are you bwoinking me, its shit to intervene for no real reason
14:00:55: Reply from-thunder12345: Okay and why did you think it was appropriate to say "let me go rape all my staff"
14:01:09: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: which part of it was inappropriate
14:01:39: Reply from-thunder12345: If you can't understand why I have concerns about you bringing up raping people then we have a serious problem
14:01:58: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: this is pretty cringe, im sorry i said a word that triggered you
14:04:29: Reply from-thunder12345: So you don't see any potential issue with talking about going to rape people?
14:05:13: Ticket Opened by-zipzipzapityzoo: i cant say rape but people can draw shit coming out of an ass and dicks but what I did wasnt ok. seriously I cant say the word rape? I didnt threaten anyone I didnt hurt anyone I was in a conversation
14:07:08: Reply from-thunder12345: This isn't even the first time you've been spoken to about saying these kinds of things, so I'd like to know why you're so surprised this time
14:07:27: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: Because I didnt do anything wrong
14:08:00: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: when I said rape, i was refering to the act of random searching my medical staff, not sodomy
14:08:14: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: you seriously need thicker skin
14:08:41: Reply from-thunder12345: So you had a much more appropriate and less creepy and sexual way to say it, but chose to use the word rape just because?
14:09:28: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: I did nothing wrong stop policing my language its not your role you shitter leave me alone, this station is 100% men and no one here has been sodomized
14:10:16: Reply from-thunder12345: Don't let the door hit you on the way out
14:10:35: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: what did I do
14:10:47: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: I'm sorry you don't like me?
14:12:00: Ticket Opened by-zipzipzapityzoo: there are offensive pitctures i dont feel safe
14:13:17: Thunder12345/(Emily Vargas) has created a permanent server ban for Zipzipzapityzoo.
14:13:17: Client disconnected
14:13:18: Resolved by Thunder12345
---- No futher messages ----
This ticket was generated by Statbus v.0.14.0
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #652649

Before we start:
14:09:28: Reply from-zipzipzapityzoo: I did nothing wrong stop policing my language its not your role you shitter leave me alone, this station is 100% men and no one here has been sodomized
I doubt it was actually 100% men IC so it seems like you were talking about ooc, which would be a 'no women on the internet' sort of sexism, in violation against our rules on bigotry.

Regardless of that fact, it also seems like you were implying men do not deserve the same protection from rape as women. An implication that might also violate our rule on bigotry and also generate issue with me, the host, who is a Egalitarian that has argued for male rape victims to be taken more seriously for the past 15+ years. but I'm sure that's not what you meant and i'm just misreading the message...

Moving on:
Thunder11 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:22 pm There is no reason anyone should be going around saying things like "let me go rape all my staff". It is not funny, it is not a clever piece of sarcasm. You claim this quote has been taken out of context, however you were offered numerous opportunities during our conversation to enlighten me on that acceptable context. Since you failed to do that, any reasonable person can come to the conclusion that such a context does not exist.
A quick view of the pm convo determined that was a lie. They clearly spelled out that they used it as hyperbole for searching their entire department.

4 minutes with the logs in notepad++'s find all in current document was also enough to verify or validate this context sorta makes sense for the actual convo. (more on that later)
14:01:39: Reply from-thunder12345: If you can't understand why I have concerns about you bringing up raping people then we have a serious problem
No!

I don't want to see this coming from an admin in an ahelp.

I get the logic behind this train of thought (if they don't understand the rules, they will have issues following them), but at the end of the day I do not want to be punishing people for trying to better understand our rules. This comes off as if you decided to perma them for asking for clarification for the crime of not having the same brain as you do on the matter, and it's one of the original criticism of goonstation by /tg/station. Its still my biggest criticism of how they enforce their combo rule that covers both erp and slurs, in that asking for clarification or understanding of the thought process behind ruling something as a violation qualifies as a bannable offense itself.

Not everybody buys in to the 'words/topic x or y are off limits' mantra and buying into this mantra is not a prerequisite for playing within our community, only following it when the rules require.

In the old pdf "admin guidelines" of my original candidacy, there was this tidbit:
  • Upon banning someone, you are placed in charge of ensuring they understand why it is they were banned and are in charge of responding to any ban appeals they shou[...]
As a result of this ban appeal exposing this area the admin team could use some improvement on, i'll be adding this line to the current admin conduct guidelines.

Final Thoughts:

zipzap: The fact that Dawson Styles didn't actually tell you to search anybody, just "make sure there isn't anyone else making use of it", and you jumped to searching and then substituted "rape" hurts your case here. It comes off as excessively hostile to security and you taking your ooc dislike of security searching you and used it to influence your character's ic conduct. Reading into their message with the same level of benefit i gave you when reading yours suggests they just wanted you to keep an eye on the rune and not let people go into psych.

Your note history and general conduct does not bode well for you as well. You repeatedly tried to do the same level of absolutism policing of 'off-limit' topics that you are mad at the admin here for doing, with all of your references to mothblock's ckey. This makes it harder for me to be interested in protecting you from absolutism policing of off-limit topics.

Furthermore I fear you won't learn anything from this experience if your take away is the ban was overturned. Because of all of these factors I do not want to give you the mistaken impression that your record here has any level of good standing. So despite the objections I have to how and why your ban was placed, I will not be removing this ban. Instead I'm reducing this to a 1 month rule 1 ban.
NSFW:
ZipZipZapityZoo

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652664

MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:34 pm
Your note history and general conduct does not bode well for you as well. You repeatedly tried to do the same level of absolutism policing of 'off-limit' topics that you are mad at the admin here for doing, with all of your references to mothblock's ckey. This makes it harder for me to be interested in protecting you from absolutism policing of off-limit topics.
It wasn't that I had desires to see him policed too, Thunder kept bringing up mothblocks notes from a year ago, so I had to defend them. I've got literally no problem with his ckey because words on the internet don't offend me.
I think overall your judgement is fair though.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #652665

ZipZipZapityZoo wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:47 am -snip-

It wasn't that I had desires to see him policed too, Thunder kept bringing up mothblocks notes from a year ago, so I had to defend them. I've got literally no problem with his ckey because words on the internet don't offend me.
It shouldn't be held against you since it's unreasonable to assume that anyone has a perfect recollection of their notes history, but you are able to view a copy of them at: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mymessages (if your BYOND account is linked to Forums/Discord, I believe). I don't believe your forums account is linked to BYOND from what I could see, so that may not work. I can furnish a copy of the notes I am referring to if you would like me to.

However, it is worth mentioning that a note from Jaredfogle/Mothblocks was applied on June 12th, 2022, not one year ago (it mentions how you were not bwoinked prior to the placement of the note, so it is understandable if you were not aware of its existence). There is another note from that administrator from October 5th, 2021 as well, is that what you are referring to? This question has no bearing on the appeal, I just want to know if you were aware of the June 2022 note.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
ZipZipZapityZoo

Post by ZipZipZapityZoo » #652667

Those logs don't seem to work for me, probably because I've never linked an account
I thought those two notes were closer together yeah, I noticed the note probably a week or two after it was placed
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #652668

ZipZipZapityZoo wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:14 am Those logs don't seem to work for me, probably because I've never linked an account
I thought those two notes were closer together yeah, I noticed the note probably a week or two after it was placed
That's fine then, I just noticed you kept making that assertion and I wasn't sure if you knew the actual dates.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.