[MSO] Itseasytosee - Communist Rhetoric (forum warning)

Appeals which have been closed.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

[MSO] Itseasytosee - Communist Rhetoric (forum warning)

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #652709

Ban type: Forum
Ban length:Warning
Ban reason: This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=83&p=652485#p652485. Bigotry is not allowed in /tg/station. Arguing that somebody's demographics justifies violence is text book bigotry.
Time ban was placed: Sat Sep 17, 2022
To Mr Stoned One: I know you probably have a lot of shit to do, so if you feel this appeal is not worth your time, I would not be hurt if you just throw this one out and go on with your day. You're the boss big man.
Your side of the story: I typed "Violence of the oppressed is not the same as violence of the oppressor," in response to a conversation about the morality of attacking someone who called you a slur.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My apologies MSO, I was not trying to justify the use of violence against anyone. My intention was to inspire people to look upon the scenario with a wider and more complicated view. I spoke of none, nor implied any particular demographic, other than a vague "oppressed"
My statements was loosely quoted from Ana Hurwitz, a civil rights activist who used this rhetoric in an article which argues that the actions of the Black Panthers during the American civil rights movement could not be directed compared to the actions of the Ku Klux Klan. I don't agree with the entirety of Ana Hurwitz's beliefs, but I believe that particular Idea was profound and important.
This idea however, seemingly originated from Karl Marx. This is well illustrated in Rustam Singh's 1989 paper labeled "Status of Violence in Marx's Theory of Revolution," a mulling over the concept of whether or not violence's is required for revolution.
Glancing at rule 11
Bigotry is not allowed. Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, disability, orientation or the like is not tolerated.
It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.
It was not my intention with this message to demean any individual, or group of individuals, nor was it my intention to insight or justify violence against any individual or group of individuals. I made no comments on race, sex, gender, disability, or orientation, and it was not my intention to attack any group of people. My comment falls outside the realm of rule 11.
Anything else we should know: It's not my intention to start drama, I feel I was simply a victim of misunderstanding.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [MSO] Itseasytosee - Communist Rhetoric (forum warning)

Post by MrStonedOne » #652728

Appeal accepted, that sounds like a less rule breaky and equally plausible meaning behind the post.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: