FreshestSoup
Byond Username: FreshestSoup

(Scriptis) FreshestSoup: Noted for an accidental spacing

Post by FreshestSoup » #652879

BYOND account: FreshestSoup

Character name: William Dornan

Ban type: Note

Ban length: Note

Ban reason: R190923: During a revolution as the captain, it appears you opened a portal in the vault, spacing and killing the RD for no discernible reason. Please appeal this on the forums if it's in error. You were not online to ask about this.

Time ban was placed: 2022-09-21 22:42:13

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: R190923

Your side of the story: I was in the vault checking on it because I heard sounds in it, waltzed in, and saw the RD. Since he had done whatever he wanted to do I activated the hand teleporter to leave since I thought it would be convenient and wanted to bolt the doors of the vault again without much hassle, so I set the teleporter destination to the teleporter room. Then we both go in and then I go in again I think and close it from my side, but it seems like I didnt check to see if the RD was in the teleporter room (In my defense it was full of random objects and other bodies). Immediately after he started crying for help over common I try to set my teleporter to random and check the outside of the vault for his body and look for it, but cant find it. I tell the AI to track him but it cant, and later when I used the crew monitoring console his sensors weren't appearing, causing me to go to the comms console and announce to the crew that Yung Dump (The RD) has been accidentally spaced and I am placing a bounty of the captains spare to whoever finds him and brings him back.
IN MY PROFESSIONAL OPINION: I believe he had something on him that fucked with teleports since I am fairly sure we went to the same location, that being the teleporter room. I walked through the portal and back and nothing bad happened to me but something bad happened to him.
I then ask for a shuttle vote since everything's fucked and call it, then a few minutes later I am murdered by revs. This last part is VERY important because I had zero idea there was a revolution until three people killed me in medical with a desword and other stuff. Since the shuttle was almost there and everything was fucked I DC'd since for a solid 10 minutes beforehand I didn't get any admin messages. At the time of Yung Dump's unfortunate spacing I was not aware of revs at all, just traitors. https://gyazo.com/e0eb6b79963c465c156c1b0e08995375 <------ me panicking upon realizing i murdered an innocent

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was an accident
References of good conduct: I immediately tried to get his body back and locate him
Anything else we should know: it was an accident and I didnt know there were revs
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Re: (Scriptis) FreshestSoup: Noted for an accidental spacing

Post by Scriptis » #652880

Yeah, looking at the provided screenshot, this looks like an honest fuckup. I wouldn't have given you the note with this context had you been online, so I'm removing the note now. Thanks for the appeal.
Spoiler:

FreshestSoup
Byond Username: FreshestSoup

Re: (Scriptis) FreshestSoup: Noted for an accidental spacing

Post by FreshestSoup » #652881

thank you scriptis you were always my favorite admin