luxuriousturnip
Byond Username: LuxuriousTurnip

[DaxYeen] LuxuriousTurnip - 24 hour server ban

Post by luxuriousturnip » #653019

BYOND account: LuxuriousTurnip

Character name: Rowan Rathen

Ban type: Server

Ban length: 24 hours

Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (LuxuriousTurnip) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Killed a person on the shuttle for seemingly no reason, disconnected as soon as I ahelped them. Applied default ban time, please appeal to get your side of the story if you disagree. This ban (BanID #62559) was applied by DaxYeen on 2022-09-24 16:00:01 during round ID 191100. The ban is for 1 day and expires on 2022-09-25 16:00:01 (server time).

Time ban was placed: 2022-09-24 16:00:01

Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed: 191100

Your side of the story: I was playing on manuel as bartender, and the round was relatively unremarkable for me. I got to the shuttle as it was leaving the station, and there were some holes in it letting atmosphere escape. There was a lot of random chaotic fighting on the shuttle, I'm not really sure what was going on. As far as I remember, I might've set up some glasses on the table in the shuttle. I remember telling a few people to calm down or something to that effect. I told an engi borg to go fix the hole in the sec area of the shuttle before I went into crit. that's about all I can remember from being on the shuttle that round. I didn't attack or kill anybody to my knowledge. I did leave the server around the time the round ended, but I do remember seeing the round end screen. I think I had the game muted or my headphones plugged into something other than my laptop around the end of the round, and if I did get ahelped I didn't notice it, so sorry about that.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think you might've gotten the wrong person, but do whatever you think is needed.

Anything else we should know: I had to type out the ban reason from a screenshot because for some reason I wasn't able to just copy/paste it, probably something weird on my end. Hopefully it's correct, and doesn't have any errors that I've missed.
I looked at the attack.txt.gz logs for round 191100, and round 191095. I'm pretty sure they don't have anything that would imply I was attacking anyone on the shuttle, but I have literally never looked at logs before now, so I could definitely not be looking at the right files for this. I also don't know how to link logs because I haven't used this forum or forums in general much.
The round that this issue happened in I think was round ID 191095, but the issue occurred near the end of the round so I guess it got applied to/during the next round. If I should change those numbers let me know.
Made an edit to the title to include the name of the admin who issued the ban. I missed including it the first time round, sorry about that, I'm bad at proofreading.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [DaxYeen] LuxuriousTurnip - 24 hour server ban

Post by Dax Dupont » #653024

My eyes were acting up and I quit handling tickets shortly after. Round end tickets are a bit chaotic and I made a grave error it seems. I will lift it and my apologies.
luxuriousturnip
Byond Username: LuxuriousTurnip

Re: [DaxYeen] LuxuriousTurnip - 24 hour server ban

Post by luxuriousturnip » #653025

Dax Dupont wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:08 pm My eyes were acting up and I quit handling tickets shortly after. Round end tickets are a bit chaotic and I made a grave error it seems. I will lift it and my apologies.
No problem my dude, thanks.