mazur907
Byond Username: Mazur907

[Riggle]-Mazur907 pai deathsquad ban

Post by mazur907 » #656927

BYOND account: Mazur907
Character name: Abdul Al Qanim
Ban type: Role
Ban length: 7 day
Ban reason: Detonated a holy hand grenade, killing many ERT members. It was after round end but it still ruins the fun of others. Rule 1.
Time ban was placed: 2022-11-21 19:34:21
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 194786
Your side of the story: It had been quite some time since the round ended, around 10-15 minutes, the admins were dealing with tickets, cult won and summoned the narsie , admin called the ert for the 2nd time but since we knew there was no one left in the station, we started to fight with the others, after the round ended, everyone is considered a solo antag and they can do whatever they want. That's why I think this ban is a mistake
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think the admin didn't make the right decision because there are too many tickets (there was like 20 ticket)
References of good conduct: I'm usually a good and dedicated ert player
Anything else we should know: Like I said, it was a long time since the round was over and everyone was bored, so we fought each other.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Riggle]-Mazur907 pai deathsquad ban

Post by Timberpoes » #656952

First instance of using Holy Hand Grenade (on-station) - (For accuracy/removing ambiguity) @ 19:20:55
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... attack.txt
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[2022-11-21 19:20:55.840] ATTACK: Mazur907/(Chaplain Hastings) primed a holy hand grenade at Arrival Shuttle Hallway (152,181,2) containing: (metamaterial beaker 1 : Potassium, 150); (metamaterial beaker 2 : Holy Water, 150);. (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (152,181,2))
[2022-11-21 19:21:01.272] ATTACK: Mazur907/(Chaplain Hastings) has thrown the holy hand grenade  (Fore Primary Hallway (133,177,2))
Round end delay @ 19:21:45
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 6/game.txt
Spoiler:

[2022-11-21 19:21:45.446] ADMIN: Cheshify/(Scruffy Jones) delayed the round end for reason: Ticket
Second instance of using Holy Hand Grenade (CentCom) @ 19:29:09
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... attack.txt
Spoiler:

[2022-11-21 19:29:09.908] ATTACK: Mazur907/(Chaplain Osterweis) primed a holy hand grenade at CentCom Briefing Room (147,78,1) containing: (metamaterial beaker 1 : Potassium, 150); (metamaterial beaker 2 : Holy Water, 150);. (CentCom Briefing Room (147,78,1))
[2022-11-21 19:29:13.445] ATTACK: Mazur907/(Chaplain Osterweis) has thrown the holy hand grenade  (CentCom Briefing Room (146,75,1))
[2022-11-21 19:29:13.623] ATTACK: Mazur907/(Chaplain Osterweis) threw and hit Roniii/(Medical Officer Fryer) with the holy hand grenade (NEWHP: 100)  (CentCom Briefing Room (146,75,1))
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
mazur907

Post by mazur907 » #656956

i becomed two time ert chaplain, in the first we docked to station and fighted with cult (i used bomb too) second we didnt go station and fighted with eachother (second ert was after round end)
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #656974

Hello, thanks for appealing! I placed this ban on everyone out of the 20 ERT members who detonated a holy hand grenade in the crowded corridors of CentCom because it just seemed like a rude thing to do. For context the ERT was spawned to entertain bored ghosts as the round was delayed for almost 20 minutes at that point and I walled of CC, making it an even smaller space, so I could more easily heard you to the drop pod area and drop you down to the station. I obviously don't have a problem with anyone fighting after round end as is tradition, but detonating a grenade within 30 seconds or so after spawning to get as high of a body count as possible isn't a very nice thing to do.

I would also like to apologize for not contacting you during the round, as you noted it was bustling with tickets and didn't want to delay the round for an additional 5 minutes. I hope you can forgive me for that.

I used rule 1 for this ban as it's not written down anywhere. I'm willing to amend the note if you want more context, but other than that it's up to the headmins to decide if they want to overturn the ban.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #656982

The Rules wrote: Rule 1, Precedent 3:
Rules still apply until the emergency escape shuttle has reached Centcom and the round-end antagonist report has appeared. When the shuttle has reached Centcom, players are free to act as per lone antagonists, detailed in Rule 4. Non-antagonist grief upon the shuttle, from spamming flashbangs for no reason to spraying space lube, can be met with instant 5 (five) minute bans or more.
The Rules wrote: Rule 4: Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.

Except metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
mazur907

Post by mazur907 » #657040

yes i want headmins to look at this,you could have conducted it better knowing that players will kill anyone after round end
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #657051

I thought about it a bit and I do think you at least deserve a reduction since you weren't even contacted. I've dropped it down to four days but I assume you still want a headmin to look into this.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
mazur907

Post by mazur907 » #657173

I personally dont think i deserve this note or the ban so the reduction is meaningless. I want a headmin please.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #657287

We've decided to uphold this - access to ERT ghost roles is possibly the lightest touch an admin can take to back someone off for taking a role with the explicit intent to make ongoing events less fun for everyone else. It's not a right to take roles admins spawn when you play them purely to reduce the fun others have. Had Riggle taken action such as serverbanning you or imposing other direct punishment for actions taken after roundend, we would not hold this to be the case, but when you take an ERT with the explicit goal of ruining it for others, past roundend or not, forfeiting your access to that admin-spawned ghost role is entirely reasonable.

Spook: Uphold as above
Rave: This is a rule 1 issue, there is a difference between a player being railroaded by an admin event and immediately detonating a grenade.
San: Uphold