Appeals which have been closed.
valzargaming

[Saegrimr] ValZarGaming - Banned for streaming

Post by valzargaming » #657610

BYOND account: Valzargaming
Character name: Unknown
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Streaming, IC information in OOC channels, and metacommunication. Appeal on the forums.
Time ban was placed: 2014-10-22 01:20:16
Server you were playing on when banned: Unknown
Round ID in which ban was placed: 0
Your side of the story: Long ago I wanted to promote the server on Twitch and streamed with a 30 minute delay. Admin joined my Twitch chat and banned me saying that it didn't matter how long I set the delay too, the fact I was streaming was enough to warrant a permanent ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This ban was 8 years ago. Streaming is currently being discussed as being allowed for LRP rounds and admins have said on this forum that it will likely be allowed in the near future. I never broke any rules, I just want to help promote SS13 for one of the servers that actually deserve to be promoted.
References of good conduct: I'm either a host, admin, or developer for Civ13, Blue Colony, and Pocket Stronghold 13. Any admin from any of these servers can vouch for me.
Anything else we should know: I'm not really an active SS13 player anymore. Even if I am unbanned you probably won't see me on the Byond server very much if at all unless it's specifically to promote Space Station 13 or the /tg/ codebase.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Saegrimr] ValZarGaming - Banned for streaming

Post by Timberpoes » #657627

Saegrimr has long since retired.

Insert "it's been 84 years" Titanic meme here.

You could have probably had this ban lifted 7 years ago. So I'll lift it in the next hour or so when I'm at my PC.

Note that streaming is allowed on our MRP server Manuel under the conditions laid out in this thread viewtopic.php?p=632678#p632678

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules

Our rules pages have very much changed over the past 8 years so make sure you read them.

If you do end up playing Manuel, please review the roleplay rules too.

Not following the RP rules on our MRP servers is a short path to having any streaming privileges suspended.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
valzargaming

Post by valzargaming » #657629

Thanks for the quick reply! I know that I could have appealed it pretty much right away and gotten it lifted, but I was never really a player here to begin with. I had reached out prior to streaming and was told it was fine if I put on the delay and was banned anyway, so at that point in time I saw no point in appealing a ban for a server I had 0 interest in. A lot of things have changed since then and it's awesome to see how far TG has come.
Last edited by valzargaming on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #657632

Lifted
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578