Appeals which have been closed.
HolyCat

iain0 banned HolyCat

Post by HolyCat » #657656

BYOND account: HolyCat
Character name: Noah Catter
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:As a non antag, smashed up chapel APC because "religion isn't real", i.e. for no reason, causing issue for the chaplain. This ongoing pattern of shittery against, after having already appealed a permaban for extensive poor behaviour, has accumulated again since your return and I do not believe this pattern will change.
Time ban was placed: 2022-04-05 17:24:34
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 60970
Your side of the story: I spawned as an assistant i went to chapel grabbed potted plant and started smashing apc, when chaplin came out to try to stop me i took water tank from maintinance and broke it for chaplin to slip and he then went out of chapel when i broke the apc, then admin pinged me asking why i did that [ this is blurry memory, cant remember it] so i said before i get banned ill fix the chapel apc, fixed the apc and i got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I dont really know why i did that, my brain was just deepfried and became a shitter for that round. I wanna get unbanned because i miss tg [ for non shittery rounds i did ], i wish to play on the server again and i changed alot in 5-6 months.
[b]Anything else we should know: Im sorry for that chaplin, i mustve wasted like 10-20 minutes of a round for him.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: iain0 banned HolyCat

Post by iain0 » #657669

Your banning details are wrong, that was the date of your first permaban which you already appealed, your second permaban was placed on 2022-06-24 20:11:13. The round ID is also 185489, the ID you listed is from circa 2017.

Ultimately this is just going to be a "no" I'm afraid. You were permabanned once, appealed after a couple of months and returned, and didn't show any great improvement in your behaviour.

I ended up noting (or worse) you 4 times in a week for blowing a hole in brig over a valid arrest for murdering a pet FNR, ordering the AI to kill all felinids as captain, dumping people through the ice box HOP trap and then this final incident for smashing up an APC for no good reason.

I believe if my memory serves correctly that an engineering borg fixed the APC in the chapel, though not going to go dig through that at this point. I have no memory of the water tank, it was only the APC being destroyed that got reported.

Previous permaban
Vekter wrote: I'll give you another shot, but you need to understand that you weren't banned so much for what you did in this specific case as much as that plus the twelve bans/notes you've accumulated since the beginning of 2022. Do your best to follow the rules from this point on - you're on some pretty thin ice.
So given you were already on caution and wasted your opportunity by not changing your play style, I do not plan to give you another chance on the same grounds. You may appeal this again as per the standard, 1 year from banning date which will be 2023-06-24, and I will consider likely offering to unban you with another probationary period via note at that time.

Appeal denied
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #657924

For future reference, it should be noted that HolyCat evaded this permaban in the early hours of 2022-12-02 using the ckeys catious and botonicat.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #657957

For further future reference, they attempted to evade again on the evening of 2022-12-02 using the ckey catinuosly.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #658000

Thanks for the catches.

Well that's sad isn't it, half way through the year to being able to appeal you decide to go all in on being above the rules.

A problem for future me to figure out but the obvious options are additional time before I'll even consider an appeal per attempt at evading, or a fixed period of time since your last evasion attempt before I'll look at an appeal.

Either way, I suggest you stop trying to evade, and maybe spend the time trying to develop a vouch on another server if possible (That CentCom record does not speak well).

I'll close this off and archive it in a couple of days.