[Knira] Milthy Unban Appeal... One year later...

Appeals which have been closed.
Milthy

[Knira] Milthy Unban Appeal... One year later...

Post by Milthy » #657737

BYOND account: Milthy
Character name: Hudson Jett (?)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Perma
Ban reason: Due to your recent behavior with violating rule 8 twice by showing people a book that involves rape and necrophilia exclaiming it was a book about "moth rights", I will be escalating this into a permanent ban.
Time ban was placed: 08-24-2021
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil (?)
Round ID in which ban was placed: 168358
Your side of the story: I was playing HOP, and had someone come into my office while the door was open, throwing me a book called "Moth Rights" or something. I thought nothing of it, not really caring, and gave it to a moth. Later, during the end of the round when those same moths found me, they told me what it really was and killed me on the ship. Then I was admin messaged and told what it was, without being able to give my side of the story. It's been over a year, and I miss TG.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been over a year, and it was a false ban in the first place. I just want to be able to check out the new features, since I've been watching a little of Livrah and other SS13 youtubers.
[b]References of good conduct: I've played on Beestation a bit, but mainly I haven't been playing, since none really are the same as TG.
Milthy

Re: Milthy Unban Appeal... One year later...

Post by Milthy » #657739

Fucked up the title, sorry guys its been awhile
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Knira] Milthy Unban Appeal... One year later...

Post by Vekter » #657748

Knira retired a while back, so I'll take this over.
It's been over a year, and it was a false ban in the first place.
Can you tell me why you believe this to be true? Based on what I remember, Knira is 100% correct here - you showed a bunch of people a book full of reprehensible shit and claimed it was about "moth rights" as a ploy to get them to read it.

Here's your notes from the month of August 2021, as context for Knira referring to your recent behavior.
[2021-08-24 03:23:26 | note by knira]
Banned from the server permanently - Due to your recent behavior with violating rule 8 twice by showing people a book that involves rape and necrophilia exclaiming it was a book about "moth rights" , I will be escalating this into a permanent ban.
[2021-08-23 21:56:41 | note by wubli]
(OOC) "THats funny, im in the same cave looking for minors" (OOC) "Cause my sexual attraction to minors is major."
Don't ever say stuff like these ever again - even as a joke. It's extremely creepy and distasteful, even if it's just the lyrics to a song. Consider this your first and last warning.
[2021-08-17 19:55:53 | note by dragomagol]
Round 167983 - Decided to run a racist against non-humans gimmick that involved randomly attacking plasmamen, killing one. Told that while being predjudiced against other in-game races isn't against the rules, randomly attacking and killing them is.
[2021-08-15 03:59:24 | note by iain0]
Banned from Roles: Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer for 2 weeks - Overescalation as security - was searching a crew member who had (and admitted to having) a gun, crew member ran, and gunned them down, the crew was then stripped, husked (plasma person), turned into a head and effectively round removed. Given the option of detaining with non lethal weaponary or reviving quickly these methods seem overescalation. Also discussed borging the plasma person for posession of the gun which also seems over-punitive by space law guidelines.
I would like to hear your opinion on this because it indicates to me that you don't seem to understand why you were banned in the first place.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Milthy

Post by Milthy » #657749

The reason I think its false is because I never really read the book. Like I've said, I got it randomly, idk if you can check the logs to see who threw it at me this far back, or who got it from the library, but I got it in my HOPs office, it was called Moth Rights or something to that effect. I didn't KNOW it was that stuff inside of it. The note from 08-23 21:56:41 was from some viral meme in my buddies server. Which looking back, was reaaally cringe and weird. I've really matured since then. But I swear on everything, I did not know that was in the book.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657750

It's usually very hard to come back from a rule 8 ban like this, for good reason. I have a lot of trouble believing that you'd have a book thrown at you and never bother to open it even out of curiosity before trying to show other people its contents.

It's hard for me to overlook this issue given that you haven't played much on other servers since you were banned. I have no guarantee that you're not going to act up just like you did before and no proof that you've done anything to change.

I'm going to talk this over with some of the other admins to make a decision. If you were to be unbanned, you'd be on probation for about a month. Even a small mistake could result in the ban being reapplied. Is that acceptable to you?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Milthy

Post by Milthy » #657751

Yeah thats totally fine with me. Probation, restricted roles, anything.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657752

viewtopic.php?p=614647#p614647

I was directed to this appeal by another admin, I'd completely forgotten you'd already appealed the ban and that you were, very easily, caught in a lie. You continue to lie about it now, which makes me convinced that you have not changed one bit.

I will consider lifting the ban if you own up to your actions and sincerely apologize for them.
Spoiler:

Milthy

Post by Milthy » #657755

So, first of all, I never read the book. I'm not gonna own up to something I didn't do. I read the first page, which mention Moth something or other, and syndicate stuff. I got bored, didn't read further. Secondly, the other stuff in there is not related to the book. Or atleast, not how I remember. In any case, I'll own up to giving the book out and not reading it. I never wrote, nor took out the book, and I didn't know it could be NSFW because I thought TG had a blocker on the stuff. The stupid new york shit was something I had been doing previously with other people, so that also shouldn't be used as evidence. If I read the book, I would have known about the stuff and not given it out because I had no motive or reason too. I was an active user of the server, and stated several times how much I loved it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657756

The only real "motive" you would need to do so would be because you thought it was funny. But fuck it, I believe in second chances.

I'm unbanning you on a one month probation. If you break the rules (or even come close to thinking about breaking rule 8) you're gone for another year. Understood?
Spoiler:

Milthy

Post by Milthy » #657757

I love you so much thank you Vekter, you will not regret this.

Feel like a convict coming outta jail breh
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657761

Alright, you've got a month to prove me wrong. Don't squander it.
Spoiler: