MrBrownFullFrown

Ban evasion [DrRehse]

Post by MrBrownFullFrown » #79468

admin name: sometinyprick
reason: ban evasion

byond account: BrownNoFrown
Character: Forcewaldo
Ban type: unknown
ban reason and length: ban evasion, permanent.

Why i think i should be unbanned:
I wasn't ban evading.

edit: i confused the admin name with the alternative account i had supposedly been ban evading from.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Re: Ban evasion [DrRehse]

Post by Sometinyprick » #79475

Your ckey supposedly matched an IP belonging to him, I went through all of his IP's and CIDs again and found no match. Not exactly sure what happened there but your unbanned now.

Yeah sorry about that, your unban won't take effect to the next round. Shoot me a pm on IRC so I can tell you when it's ended.
Last edited by Sometinyprick on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
MrBrownFullFrown

Post by MrBrownFullFrown » #79477

I sometimes get an error when connecting to the server, either manually or after rounds, where the computer id is ' ' (blank) and something else is. I'm guessing its related.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #79589

The server is equipped with the latest in totally overzealous firewalls. If you get filtered I'll smack it if you PM me on IRC.

If you're connecting through a proxy or something though there's no saving you. Don't do that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #79612

MrBrownFullFrown wrote:I sometimes get an error when connecting to the server, either manually or after rounds, where the computer id is ' ' (blank) and something else is. I'm guessing its related.

This is more to do with a reported byond bug. The part of the code byond triggers to check if you are banned and rather or not you should be allowed to connect is some times given blank information. This has been going on for years, but recently I noticed that this could be exploited to ban evade and made code to reject connections when byond isn't providing all the proper information to isbanned().
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: