[DISCORD] TerraCat474#5954

Appeals which have been closed.
jastindeep
Byond Username: JastinDeep

[DISCORD] TerraCat474#5954

Post by jastindeep » #664863

Discord username: TerraCat474#5954
Ban reason: Very likely, because of my words: "I think kanye says some true shit and some retarded shit". Can't get any info because I don't know anyone's tags and didn't engage in DMing other members of the server.
Time ban was placed: 10.02.23 about 11 am GMT+3
Your side of the story: So in #politics-off-topic-on-topic, I was just talking about random shit and I said "I think kanye says some true shit and some retarded shit", when banning admin (didn't catch their name) asked what I specifically find true, I responded "I don't trust the jannies" and refused to elaborate, to which they responded something along the lines of "Me neither, bye bye", I dropped the subject and moved on to different shit and about 5-10 minutes later banned from discord.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think expressing my opinion that I find some of his words true warrants a ban, let alone refusing to elaborate which ones. I explicitly did not state anything I support, which could be anything given that kanye said a lot of shit. After that, I didn't continue to talk about it, only said "kanye made jews so that he can be antisemitic against them" and then followed whatever the fuck others were saying. That's probably it, I wasn't DMed or anything and didn't receive any info after being booted off the discord, I checked and I indeed saw that it's a ban, not a kick.
Something you guys should know is that I might've left something out in my side of the story simply because I'm a human being and I tend to forget stuff, especially when it's not really important such as this. Please provide any logs or messages I said that I left out and are important to this appeal.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [DISCORD] TerraCat474#5954

Post by Hulkamania » #664865

Here's your actual ban reason which also conveniently you omitted all the parts that were actually an issue.

"I think some of what Kanye said was true" "the jews won't go after me" - after being prompted to say what parts he thought were true, said the classic "6 gazillion."

In any case, Omega was the banning admin and I'll let them know about this.
jastindeep

Post by jastindeep » #664870

Please post where I said "6 gazillion" after being asked to elaborate.
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #664871

here u go

jastindeep

Post by jastindeep » #664876

Wow i'm retarded, let me rewrite
Why should you be unbanned? Honestly I shouldn't as of right now but i have no idea if the ban is timed or not. Probably a week should do the trick. It's very well deserved and holocaust and all that stuff is a very sensitive topic for everyone let alone the jews, I am not exactly sure of the context of my "6 gazillion" phrase but I'm sure it was said in bad faith. I apologize to whoever I offended or may have offended. Thanks other admins for pointing this out because even though my ass got banned in the morning I completely forgot what I said and was sure I didn't elaborate, but in fact I said some fucked up stuff. I am sorry once again.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #664877

Hi! You're banned because you went into polcon and started posting what's very obviously poorly-hidden antisemitism that's masked as "haha bro i mean kanye said some true stuff haha".
I've brought chat history with me as it's worthwhile bringing the messages in question that got you banned:
(This top image is in reverse order, all the others are in the correct order)

I take notice of your deranged ramblings here and ask you what you meant by "I think some of kanyes rants are very true", at which point you realize that your Epic Cool Humor (antisemitism) has attracted the eye of the discord staff team

Here I re-ask what you meant by "which parts you thought were true"

and because you're very obviously a troll, you respond with "6 gazillion" and that you "don't trust the jannies".

We don't support antisemitism here, and so this appeal is denied.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
jastindeep

Post by jastindeep » #664878

Is the ban timed or permanent though?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #664880

It's permanent.
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
jastindeep

Post by jastindeep » #664882

And when I can re appeal?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #664883

The re-appeal timer for failed permaban appeals is 1 year. (Unless otherwise stated, which it's not in this case)
jastindeep

Post by jastindeep » #664927

Don't you think 1 year is a little harsh, given that I'm not a "go in, say something racist and get banned" person? I actively play on the server and my messages extend out of the polcon and may go a few weeks before.
jastindeep

Post by jastindeep » #664962

Besides, looking back at it, what did you get from "6 gazillion"? It's just a vague phrase, it could be related to anything and apparently it's bigotry, even though i see nothing "bigot" here
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #664991

As of right now, two headmins have signed off on not having any interest in overturning this.
I also have no interest in further entertaining a troll, and so I'll be closing and locking this. Best of luck in another year.