Appeals which have been closed.
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

[Riggle] Thranos - Note Appeal

Post by Thranos » #665259

BYOND account: Thranos
Character name: Laura Winters
Ban type: I was told to use this forum for note appeals so uhhh it's a note
Note reason: Seemily accidental ICK OCK, please try not to do it again.
Time note was placed: 2023-02-14 03:21:22
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 200087
Your side of the story: During a fairly hectic cult round (aren't they all), I typed up a message along the lines of like ";HELP CULT FUCK MAGIC SHIT" while trying to not get robusted (I failed), and the wonderful Clippy-tier "OOC in IC" detection code decided that this message somehow looked like it belonged in OOC, and threw up a popup that I wound up clicking trying to get rid of it, which IMMEDIATELY vomited my blatantly IC message into OOC. This of course resulted in rightful "ICK OCK" mocking in OOC, where I also went off about how much I hate that fucking popup. I then got bwoinked and noted for it, with Riggle even noting that my OOC reaction suggested it was a complete accident.
Why you think you should be unnoted: Blatantly accidental ICK OCK caused by an awful piece of code that can't detect its own ass with both hands, let alone actual OOC in IC, shouldn't get me a note. I'm not at fault here.
Anything else we should know: I made a git issue over that code, it's awful, and I hope whoever made it stubs their toe.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Re: [Riggle] Thranos - Note Appeal

Post by Riggle » #665435

Heya, thanks for appealing!

Sadly I have no intention of removing this very minor note. As stated in the note it says that it was a completely accident, but every so often we have players that lie about it being an accident. It's better to make sure it was noted, so they can't lie themselves out bans. I'm not in any way implying you'd do that mind you, it's just safer to note everyone.

Don't worry about this one at all, notes are not meant to be punishments, especially if it only happens once. If you happen to get into trouble in the future, admins won't consider this note when applying bans other than OOC.

If you'd like me to reword the note feel free to leave me with a suggestion!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #665532

Could the note be edited to further clarify in some way that it was very unlikely to have been intentional?
If so, please do. If not, please close this thread.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #666550

I changed it from
the note wrote:Seemily accidental ICK OCK, please try not to do it again.
to
the note wrote:Accidentally posted IC info in OOC due to OOC message detection. Please try to be more careful in the future.
Please tell me if you're satisfied with the note, otherwise you're welcome to suggest your own edit!
Very cool link
Look at my cool text