Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

[AyamePup] - BeeSting12 - Fluff Text

Post by BeeSting12 » #665278

BYOND account: BeeSting12
Character name: Edward Sloan
Ban type: Note
Ban length: I doubt it expires so I'll say permanent
Ban reason: Asked to not say things like "Suit sensors is how we track your masturbation habits. Stay woke folks" Was understanding in ahelps.
Time ban was placed: 2023-02-14 05:44:13
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 200096

Your side of the story: The note itself is accurate. We got the standard suit sensors beginning of shift announcement and I made the above fairly dumb joke on comms. I got bwoinked fairly soon after and was just kinda tryin to get the ahelps over with so I can play the game. Thought maybe standards had changed since I last played actively. After thinking about it more, I thought the note was dumb and that my initial instincts were correct. Also arguing with admins ingame generally accomplishes nothing more than an extended ban and wastes the round.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This is quite literally a sexual joke not aimed at anyone in particular. Is it a dumb and possibly unfunny one? Yeah sure, depends on your sense of humor. I was intending it more of the conspiracy theory, "Nanotrasen is watching your every move during work" type way than a "I'm actively watching suit sensors for creepy reasons" type way.

This is an 18+ server. Occasionally, 18+ jokes may come up. I don't think this is the type of thing that falls under rule 8. The intent of rule 8 is to prevent ERPing and prevent players from harassing each other by being creepy. This definitely wasn't ERP and I'd hardly call a sexual joke which wasn't aimed at anyone creepy. You'd have to go out of your way to be offended by this. Given the other things that happen in this game, I'd consider this pretty tame.

As far as I can tell, this rule hasn't been updated since it was put into place while I was playing. (ERP was allowed when I started playing iirc). I'm not sure how I was supposed to gather that sexual jokes are against the rules from that one, but if they are, perhaps it should be more clear.

Thanks for considering this appeal and good night

References of good conduct: Almost seven years of playing on/off without being so annoying that I must be permabanned. About two years of adminning.
Anything else we should know: Got two Warzone 2 wins yesterday
AyamePup
Byond Username: AyamePup

Re: [AyamePup] - BeeSting12 - Fluff Text

Post by AyamePup » #665470

Howdy, thanks for the appeal.

I should start by saying this isnt a hugely negative note. I more intend notes like the one you mentioned above as record keeping- a simple 'hey, this happened, but the player was amicable in ahelps and it shouldnt be a problem again.' To address your point that this is an 18+ server- yes. It is. And while as admins we arent going to pretend sex isnt real in our funny little video game, the reason you were bwoinked in the first place is because a person ahelped it- meaning people found it uncomfortable.

That being said, it is a very minor case. Less a heinous 'erp rule 8' note and more just.... a dumb thing for MRP. Which I could have made clearer in the ticket, so I apologize for that. Regardless, I will be removing the note. From your appeal I doubt itll be an extended problem that does need that sort of record keeping.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [AyamePup] - BeeSting12 - Fluff Text

Post by BeeSting12 » #665567

AyamePup wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:57 pm Howdy, thanks for the appeal.

I should start by saying this isnt a hugely negative note. I more intend notes like the one you mentioned above as record keeping- a simple 'hey, this happened, but the player was amicable in ahelps and it shouldnt be a problem again.' To address your point that this is an 18+ server- yes. It is. And while as admins we arent going to pretend sex isnt real in our funny little video game, the reason you were bwoinked in the first place is because a person ahelped it- meaning people found it uncomfortable.

That being said, it is a very minor case. Less a heinous 'erp rule 8' note and more just.... a dumb thing for MRP. Which I could have made clearer in the ticket, so I apologize for that. Regardless, I will be removing the note. From your appeal I doubt itll be an extended problem that does need that sort of record keeping.
I understand that the note was generally for record keeping, but I don't think it was a record keepable offense tbh. I also disagree with the notion that any time someone finds something uncomfortable, it should be notable. I understand that it's a bit different with this type of thing, but that's the equivalent of just noting someone for getting iIf I was directly harassing the player in question sure whatever but I wasn't, it's very easy to ignore that if you find it distasteful.

I did directly ask in the ticket if this was an MRP thing and you said no, so I assumed it was server-wide. I read over the roleplay rules and could not find anything that it could possibly be breaking besides *maybe* play a believable character, but I think that's looking for rule breaks pretty hard right there, especially when we have chemists making lube bomb and lethal poison vendors in the halls. So just to confirm: is this type of joke acceptable on LRP servers?

Either way, I won't question it if the note will be removed. Thanks for your response to the appeal and your understanding.