jtroopa
Byond Username: Jtroopa

[Pumpkin0] jtroopa - permaban from rev

Post by jtroopa » #666142

BYOND account: jtroopa
Character name: Jay Del Gato
Ban type: Banned from playing
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Beat themselves to death after being converted to a revolutionary, yelling IC about how they didn't want to be a red. Has had problems with this in the past, and really wanted this ban. Time ban was placed: 2023-02-17 06:22:26
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed:
Your side of the story: It was nearly as accurate as the ban describes. I was converted to rev, and in a fit of anger I did beat myself into crit, and comment that I didn't want to be rev. Since I was in crit, it came out as a whisper. After a short conversation with the admin, I was banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've played on this server for years, and I'm aware that I've had issues with having to play as a revolutionary in the past. In most rounds when it happens I either quietly dodge the issue or just quit the game altogether before the conversion comes my way. I shouldn't have overheated like I did, but I was also apparently laboring under the delusion that I was already revbanned on my account per some admin conversation I'd had years ago, in order to prevent this specific thing from happening. I have no intention nor desire to be banned from playing the game altogether.
References of good conduct: I like to think that I'm somewhat recognized on the manuel server. In the past I've tried to help newbie players find their footing; I think there's an old note detailing just that that was supposed to have been struck from my account a good while back.
Anything else we should know: Like I said before, I was under the impression that I'd already had some sort of revban on my account that would ghost me or some such if I were ever converted. I don't know if it expired, or was never applied, or if it even existed to begin with. I was never willing to try it in action.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: [Pumpkin0] jtroopa - permaban from rev

Post by Pumpkin0 » #666171

Hi, so, I fucked up. Sorry about that, I think I got my wires crossed while dealing with another ticket and accidentally made this a server ban instead of a rev ban (which was my intention)

The 'server' and 'role' buttons are way too close together and even if you apply roles to a ban it doesnt tell you that this is gonna be a perma ban until the result that prints in chat which flew by. Sorry about all this, I'd have fixed it sooner if I'd caught it but I got busy with shit concerning the cyclone and my day got pretty shitty afterward.

I'll see if I can get someone to unban you ASAP since it's after midnight for me.
the w
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [Pumpkin0] jtroopa - permaban from rev

Post by Fatal » #666175

I have removed the server ban so you should be good to go

I haven't applied the revolutionary ban that Pumpkin intended to give you, but if you really don't want to play revolutionary in future, you can simply ask for that, and you will get ghosted out if you ever get converted