[Cheshify] Carshalash - Midround Discord tantrum.

Appeals which have been closed.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

[Cheshify] Carshalash - Midround Discord tantrum.

Post by carshalash » #667140

BYOND account: carshalash
Character name: Zachary Hensha
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a Heretic, Carshalash sacrificed a Traitor. Some time later, after Carshalash's corpse was round-removed by the same Traitor with a specific goal to remove their eyes, Carshalash believed that due to the admins not seeing this as metagaming, that it was justified to DM the offending Traitor over discord, insulting them and reminding them of the sacrifice rules. <br> Under no circumstances or context is metacomming allowed, and your history and time in this game do not lend to the leniency given to the uninformed.<br> Your note history does not lead me to believe there will be improvement.Time ban was placed: 2022-12-02 10:44:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 195474 (Where round took place) 195480 (Where a fair portion of the ahelps took place.)
Your side of the story: In the offending round one of my sacrifices was a 'Broly Coldsmith', I sacrificed him early in the shift. Shortly after he returned from the heretic chamber, a witch hunt was formed to kill me. I wrongly attributed this situation to being the fault of Broly using metaknowledge to remember my role. I was eventually killed and stuffed into medbay for questionable reasons. A lot of shittery happened with my corpse for 10 minutes or so, the majority of my frustration with the round formed from what happened at this time. I misattributed this situation to be the fault of Broly, placing the blame on him for the original accusation of 'abusing metaknowledge'. Sometime during all of this, he received his midround traitor role. He had the goal of taking my eyes. He did so and spaced my body afterwards; after that happened, I had a tantrum and copy and pasted the rules of heretic to him over discord, followed by a passive-aggressive smiley.
► Show Spoiler
I think around 20 minutes or so after this, cheshify would come on and handle a ticket I had made about the event. I was pretty short and pissy during the entire ticket, Chesh can definitely agree with that. Cheshify said that he wasn't using metaknowledge, I was pissy and didn't believe it while continuing to be short. When he messaged broly he was made aware that I contacted him midround. This also made broly decide to reply to the message where I gave an inflammatory reply.
► Show Spoiler
Chesh was understandably annoyed that I broke the obvious rule of no metacommunication. I continued to be short in replies and told him to 'just do it', which was... definitely a big mistake.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'd greatly appreciate the opportunity to return to manuel. I have a genuine passion for this server and wish to see it flourish. I like being able to interact with many people on manuel. The placement of the ban was fair, and my only real complaint was the timeline of events which I clarified from my side of the story. I did break the rules. Unfortunately, it was a pathetic display of me projecting my frustrations of the round and onto a single person (As stated earlier it was shown he didn't break the rules). I do disagree with it being permanent, which is kinda apparent by the appeal.
References of good conduct: One of the major things with this ban was the realization that It was necessary for me to step away from the game as a whole, so I haven't played anywhere else after the placement of the ban. I have discussed this situation with the banning admin, as well as two of the headmins. They agreed it was best for me not to play due to an unhealthy level of playtime, along with deteriorating behaviour.

Anything else we should know: I quickly realised that I was wrong with my behaviour and accusations towards Broly, we spoke about it in private and in an open discord channel. He accepted the apology for my poor behaviour, and after the apology, he recommended just appealing in a week. I opted to leave it longer until I genuinely felt better.
I was also abrasive and distant towards the banning admin in the original tickets. I apologized and realized I was acting a certain way within the hour of the ban appeal. Cheshify did not deserve the harsh responses and venom that I gave him.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [Cheshify] Carshalash - Midround Discord tantrum.

Post by Cheshify » #667173

I've been reviewing this appeal, and there are a few points I feel necessary to discuss, so there's no ill-will intended in asking you to elaborate here.
One of the major things with this ban was the realization that It was necessary for me to step away from the game as a whole
While you have taken a break, something you absolutely needed to do, you lack positive game experience. Do you believe you're ready to come back to the game that was getting you angry enough to make these kinds of mistakes? You have an extensive note history, and I don't think taking a two-month break from the game just to return and act the same would be beneficial to anyone.
Unfortunately, it was a pathetic display of me projecting my frustrations of the round and onto a single person (As stated earlier it was shown he didn't break the rules).
About this, I feel it's necessary that your return is not a return to your previous playstyle and mindset. Without naming specific instances, you have a history of OOC salt in IC, and IC salt in OOC. It's not healthy for you nor for others, do you think you'll be able to handle difficult situations where a player is pissing you off in the future?
I was also abrasive and distant towards the banning admin in the original tickets. I apologized and realized I was acting a certain way within the hour of the ban appeal. Cheshify did not deserve the harsh responses and venom that I gave him.
I accept your apology, thank you very much for the honesty you've shown here in relation to this. Do you feel like this is an issue that would persist in the future, with either me or other admins disagreeing with you in tickets?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to note, I'm not disapproving this appeal, I just want to open up some more discussion about the future here.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #667179

While you have taken a break, something you absolutely needed to do, you lack positive game experience. Do you believe you're ready to come back to the game that was getting you angry enough to make these kinds of mistakes? You have an extensive note history, and I don't think taking a two-month break from the game just to return and act the same would be beneficial to anyone.
I think the majority of my notes took place during 2022, it was a pretty garbage year for me. I'm not using it as an excuse but I've spoken with a few admins about the situation since then. Things are mostly remedied now, which is a nice plus.
About this, I feel it's necessary that your return is not a return to your previous playstyle and mindset. Without naming specific instances, you have a history of OOC salt in IC, and IC salt in OOC. It's not healthy for you nor for others, do you think you'll be able to handle difficult situations where a player is pissing you off in the future?
I think a large takeaway from all of this is that I need to play the game less and let it consume me less, when I return I'll probably be playing fewer sequential rounds and probably a lot less 'ghost ganging'. A majority of my salt tended to be generated while observing, I think other players and staff members can agree with that. If i'm not enjoying myself on a specific day, it's better to just stop playing instead of applying the sunk cost fallacy by believing I'll have a great round eventually that day. I think i'm going to just focus on bartending and AI/sillycone shenanigans in the future should I return.
I accept your apology, thank you very much for the honesty you've shown here in relation to this. Do you feel like this is an issue that would persist in the future, with either me or other admins disagreeing with you in tickets?
I doubt it, the largest other dispute I have had with an admin during the last year was kind of at the peak of the previously mentioned issue. It wasn't pleasant for either side and I regretted it. I have spoken with said admin since then and clarified the source of the hostility.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd wish to talk about involving the appeal or my behavior out of game since then.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #667192

You've answered all of my questions for now. Based on the good faith interactions I've seen with this appeal, the recognition of issues previously had, and the conversation I had with the affected player. Broly filled me in on how respectful you were, and how the two of you came to an amicable conclusion. However, I really don't want to see the trend we've discussed continuing. If at any point you feel like the game is getting to you to the point is used to, please take a break for your own sake.

Welcome back to /TG/station, gamer. You've been unbanned as of the time of this post, speak up if you need a hand getting back into the server.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta