BYOND account: Cocothegog0
Character name: Ceejay Ajay
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 28 days
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: See above
Server you were playing on when banned:Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 200828
Your side of the story: I had a drink last night and wanted to play some space station 13 while dying. I join as an assistant and see my friend jack breeg who is playing as a security officer today. he comes and slaps me a few times this proceeds with me attacking him with my fists. This happened a few times after this during the round where if I saw jack I punched him a couple of times. Just a prank. Regarding the wheelchair, I found this in the hall and this was not stolen from anyone. Or wasn't intended to be stolen from someone?
Why you think you should be unbanned: I asked Jack if he ahelped this. He did not. If two people are willing to partake in pugilism regardless of their job role why should a third party be able to come in and deem it unsatisfactory behavior? I don't think any rule-breaking has taken place here. Towards the back of the ban about the wheelchair incident, I was not made aware of this during the investigation and I feel this has just been tacked on in bad faith to paint me further in a bad light and make the Rule 1 violation stick. I am not the perfect player by any stretch of the imagination and my play style is perhaps no longer fitting towards the way TG seems to be going but I like to think most of my actions in the game are not made in bad faith, just a little trolling.
References of good conduct: I only play TG.
Anything else we should know: As said above I am currently hungover and wanted to play spess to chill out. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so flippant towards Ahelps and for that, I apologize.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: [Striders13]Cocothegog0 - Admin forcing rules upon us in our own homes

Post by Striders13 » #667514

Hey there, thanks for appealing.
Link to parsed logs of the round in question: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... nd-200828/

First things first, regarding the wheelchair- I saw one of the crewmembers say-

Code: Select all

[2023-02-26 12:21:08.137] SAY: Sulta/(Megan Rhals) "A CRIPPLE IS GETITNG BULLIED BY A DUDE THAT STOLE HIS WHEELCHAIR" (Starboard Primary Hallway (171,128,4))
And, at the same time, I saw you riding a motorized wheelchair. You kinda left early in the ticket, so we didn't have a chance to discuss it. In any case, I don't see any logs suggesting you actually stole it from them, rather than picked it up after it was left behind, so I'm just gonna edit that part out of the note.

Now, as for the main part of the ban, you signed up as assistant, and after 10 minutes, with zero words said, started attacking a security officer.
Game and attack logs filtered by ckey Cocothegog0.
► Show Spoiler
I believe slapping is just not logged, but even considering that he did slap you a couple of times - getting a secoff down to half health, then yelling for people to help you against shitsec after he retaliates is awfully griefy.
I asked Jack if he ahelped this. He did not. If two people are willing to partake in pugilism regardless of their job role why should a third party be able to come in and deem it unsatisfactory behavior?
First, lack of ahelp does not mean the admin is forbidden from investigating something.
Second, It's just NRP behavior to start random fights in hallways with your friends, just because they're your friends. You've exchanged zero words and decided to grief him. People have been warned and banned for griefing their metafriends before, as it always leads to issues when somebody who's not in the metagang gets involved.

7 minutes after the fight had taken place, after shoving a bunch of people, you proceeded to suicide.
[2023-02-26 12:27:21.982] ATTACK: Cocothegog0/(Ceejay Ajay) (job: Assistant) committed suicide (Starboard Primary Hallway (181,132,4))
I also take issue with this, as you've contributed nothing to the round and left it early. Not a big deal if you don't have a habit of it, but certainly doesn't do you any favors.

Next, as for the duration of the ban, you keep getting several notes a month regarding self antagging behavior, with no signs of improving, so I believe a long ban is warranted to make you rethink the way you play. What you did IS pretty minor, but I've seen this sort of playstyle from you for a long while, and clearly all the notes are not doing anything to help. Here are 4 most recent notes you've acquired:
2023-02-19 22:43:46 As a non-antagonist ran a gimick with handing out quests, one of these quests involved stealing and destroying the detectives revolver, in the future if you want to run this gimick again please avoid setting quest objectives that are practically guarateed to cause grief.
2023-01-30 21:32:40 As a non antagonist, saw another player (Igorek Pastor/ItzFatDog) in a scuffle with security and joined in against security. When asked why, they had no idea, and they just "started hitting igorek". Who was attempting to loot them of their sec huds and other gear, had "just seen him grab a baton", and yet joined in and sided against security for no reason. Disconnected in ahelp (as a non antag). You need a better reason to get involved in sec vs tider when picking to side against security.
2023-01-28 22:32:02 As a non antagonist, interacted with an event (burger vendor on CC shuttle) by group tiding with 2 others. The event had already been serially tided by other players and the shop runner was evicted from their shop, eventually resorting to killing and critting another pair of tiders (one on their third tiding/crit cycle). This player opened up lethal laser fire, killing the shop owner. Overall treating this like departmental trespass, all parties are instigators and pivoting to killing is unacceptable. Reduced from a day since some lethal force was involved but as a tiding party themselves was fully aware of how disruptive elements were in play and that the shopkeeper would need to deal with them.
2023-01-21 21:05:28 Walled off security shift start then took part in the looting and detention of the detective who had persued them to lavaland. Walling off sec is just basic shittery and makes you damn valid to arrest, if you don't want to face the IC consequences then don't do the crime, failing that, your rights to retaliate or cuff/loot security are restricted as per escalation policy, and you should know this.
These do not paint the picture of a good faith player.

I'll remove the wheelchair part, the updated note would read:
Banned from the server for 1 month - Rule 1/Rule 7. As non-antagonist assistant, beat a security officer halfway into crit as soon as they signed up, didn't provide a reason for it. Shortly after proceeded to suicide. Extended to a month ban, as Coco has been racking up several notes a month for a while now.
But I have no intention of lowering the ban duration, let me know if you're fine with that. Otherwise, you're free to request headmin review.
► Show Spoiler
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #667518

In my opinion, I still do not think I've broken any rules with this ban. I think you have just seen my previous notes and looked for a reason to ban me. If I were banned previously for them it's to my knowledge of the rules I shouldn't be getting retroactive action taken upon those bans.

I'd like a headmin review, thanks.

Edit: The headmin review is no longer required and ill take the ban. Close this thread.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #667579

See you in a month.
► Show Spoiler