Crossburns
Byond Username: Cross burns

lain0 Crossburns - Perma ban

Post by Crossburns » #668066

BYOND account: Crossburns
Character name: Robo beach
Ban type: global ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:The ban reason is: As captain, after getting one shot by a wizard, started speaking in German (against the rules), reciting various "themed" lines like "kill the Jews". You should clearly know better than to do this, but you did it anyway. Based on your extensive note history, which approaches a weekly incident, and your extremely poor judgement in this behavior, I do not believe you will improve and thus am escalating this to a permaban.
Time ban was placed: 2022-08-05
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 187971
Your side of the story: I am sorry to report that I was banned from a game. As the captain, I made the mistake of speaking in German as a gimmick after being one tapped by the wizard and being revived to make it look like brain damage turned me German, understandably, which is against the game's rules. I then proceeded to recite inappropriate and offensive lines that promoted hate towards a specific group of people. I understand that this behavior is completely unacceptable, and I should have known better. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have been involved in such incidents. In fact, my history of violating the game's rules is extensive and almost weekly. The moderators have decided to permanently ban me from the game, and I can't say that I'm surprised.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I understand that my actions were completely unacceptable, and I deeply regret the harm that I caused to others. I want to take full responsibility for my mistakes and assure you that I am committed to changing my ways.I realize now that my behaviour was not only disrespectful but also hurtful to others. I am truly sorry for the offensive and inappropriate things that I said, and I want to make it clear that I do not hold any hateful or discriminatory beliefs towards any group of people.I understand that my actions were completely unacceptable, and I deeply regret the harm that I caused to others. I want to take full responsibility for my mistakes and assure you that I am committed to changing my ways.I realize now that my behaviour was not only disrespectful but also hurtful to others. I am truly sorry for the offensive and inappropriate things that I said, and I want to make it clear that I do not hold any hateful or discriminatory beliefs towards any group of people.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: lain0 Crossburns - Perma ban

Post by BeeSting12 » #668379

Reposting iwishforducks' AI analysis of your appeal. It appears it was partially written by Chat-GPT. This is relevant to the appeal because it shows how seriously you are/are not taking this. Note that the first paragraph is 100% human generated according to the same website.
► Show Spoiler
Crossburns

Post by Crossburns » #668417

I employed Quillbot and Grammarly to improve my appeal by rephrasing sentences and rectifying grammatical errors. However, it's essential to acknowledge that the appeal's content and structure are entirely my own

Also, relying exclusively on an AI detector isn't dependable. The exact text can vary considerably depending on the program utilized, as shown by the screenshot, which I'm sad to say is AI written if you haven't guessed...
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-07 155431.png
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #668433

The appeal does have a certain level of verbosity through repetition, however, regardless, the appeal fails to make a good case, the escalation to permaban is the consequence of your ongoing player record more than this singular event which sealed the deal and that is at best addressed in passing.

I do not intend to unban you, please return on or after the one year anniversary of the ban and appeal then and I'll put consideration into a general "second chance with probation".

Thanks
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #668479

Crossburns, just letting you know, you are allowed to request review by the headmin team if you so wish. They may possibly be more amenable to your appeal than iain0 was. If you don't request it, the admins will probably just lock and close this appeal in a couple days.
Crossburns

Post by Crossburns » #668530

appreciate the heads up. Yeah, I think I'll just let the admins do their thing and close the appeal. No worries, I'll just try again in a year or so. Thanks again for your help, have a good one!