Post by Hoolny » #668343

BYOND account: Hoolny
Character name: Seth Deces
Ban type: Sever2023-02-08 3:24:27
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Image
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:199724
Your side of the story: Got killed by reider as an officer, waited for robotics to make a shell and a posi took a while, came into the world asked the roboticist, Asked them who was the most dangerous human because im a peacekeeper borg something to do this is something I often to I went into maint looking for them with pax in hand, got flashed instantly killed, roboticist made another borg took a bit, then the captain started screaming how reider was bad went after reider again looked for them for a while couldn't find them found them a few times injected 5u pax on them they ran away
Why you think you should be unbanned:
After playing 5 hours of bee every day for the past 30 days I have finally acquired 150 hours
It wasn't easy my ping was between 150-200 its a full MRP server with very different rules to what I am used too and they have players reports every single action I took to try to interact with the game was carefully watched and judged this in reference:
https://forums.beestation13.com/t/hooln ... oo/21992/6

If I ever did anything against the rules it was recorded in a note

The first 2 notes one being for me talking to something related to their intended system the second one was me being a medical officer I thought Ghosted was an appropriate RP term but I guess it isn't

The main note that I wouldn't consider a major but maybe you will I don't know is me breaking their rule 14

I had no idea only security could know antag info even though I was a Brig Psychian (great role should be added to TG) I used info I wasn't allowed to know and told security to kill the miner that had come to my department for no reason to arrested me with their security moth lover and told their explosive holoparasite killa queen to kill me, this note was do to me not being familiar with the server rules since I was new to it and me remembering TGs rules more that rule being Rule 2

This note also happened because of a player report being this:https://forums.beestation13.com/t/hooln ... rt/21743/5

The notes following that you can judge yourself some of them being quite silly

Anyways I fully believe that I have learned from my mistake by now I spend more than 150 hours not using any ghost info or abusing any ghost roles I played cyborg(posibrain),swarmer,space pirate, spider,nightmare without breaking any rules of using ghost info in ghost roles If I had broken them I would 100% being reported but that isn't the case.

Also I have concluded that Bee is not a server for me I don't know how all of you manage to survive on the intended system for that long it's just so annoying.

Also Also to let it be known I beat my banning admin at chess not related to that I'm just proud of that accomplishment.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Omega_DarkPotatoe] It has BEEing a while

Post by Timberpoes » #668346

Looks like this was the more complete thread, so I've moved your other one as it looks like a duplicate with less info.

You previously appealed this ban about a month ago.

You were given two possible paths to re-appeal by Omega (and upheld by the headmins):
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:09 am
  • Appeal in a year's time. Use time as your justification, and prove through text that you've changed as a player. Point out your failings from the past, acknowledge them, and show (in writing) how you've improved since then, or plan to do so if there's still parts remaining.
  • Get a vouch. I'm a big fan of this one, and to show how much of a fan I am, I'll give you this: If you get 150+hrs on a server without significant notes, or a vouch from any server in hostbus, I'll let you re-appeal with no timer. If you absolutely binge spaceman for 3 months and get a vouch, you can appeal in 3 months and get back in. (Don't binge spaceman, it's a good way to burn out.)
Accordingly, I've let Omega know about this appeal as he did offer you a no-timer re-appeal path if you could show some playtime. It'll be up to him from here.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #668355

Heya! This one's going to be shorter.

To start: I'm glad you decided to go through with it and find a different server to get some time on. Although I specifically requested a bit more playtime than this (I asked for at most a 75/25 living/ghost) I'll take this amount.
The vouch system serves two goals:
  1. It proves that you can function normally on other servers - if you can't do that, we don't want you back. You evidently can, or at least to a degree that doesn't get you hammered too hard. I'm a little disappointed with that note about the holopara test, as most "antag tests" are stupid and imo anti-roleplay. But that's a personal thing.
  2. It gives you a chance to try changing yourself from the advice you received in your initial ban. It's harder to change when you can't implement and reinforce that change.
The second point is the one I'm going to ask you about - are you certain that you can avoid doing what got you banned in the future?
Have you learned or developed any techniques that'll help you avoid abusing ghost roles, or going after "valids" in a way that breaks the rules?
Do you have any methods to avoiding getting angered by events in-game? (as that'll help to avoid breaking rules)

If you're certain that you can avoid getting banned again, I'm happy to unban you here - if you're not certain, I'd suggest waiting a little while and reappealing later - with no time between appeals again as you've already cleared that vouch requirement.
The reason I suggest this is simple: although you're free to be unbanned here, an unban from this isn't a protection from any future bans.
if you mess up again, it's much, much harder to get a permanent ban removed when it's your second time around.
I won't be giving you a vouch-to-get-out-of-jail card, and other admins will likely not be forgiving or kind either - so be very certain you're ready to come back.

If you're all good, I can unban you whenever - currently just waiting on your response to the above.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Hoolny
Byond Username: Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #668358

Are you certain that you can avoid doing what got you banned in the future?
YES 100% I'm very dedicated about the games I play I find TG specifically as the ss13 I like to play and not ss13 as a whole game its great game the players, the codebase, the game itself I want to invest lots of my time in it I don't want to be banned again I won't use ghost or past life info in-game to get an advantage I have improved upon that. There used to be a time when I just joined that I antag rolled and I improved upon it and I have stopped doing it all together I believe I am capable of doing the same with this.

Have you learned or developed any techniques that'll help you avoid abusing ghost roles, or going after "valids" in a way that breaks the rules?
Yes I have decided to control my emotions better and if I'm just not feeling at my best and I'm too irritated just avoid playing ghost roles for the time being also I was introduced to NLR
I didn't know of this but for the future I will consider it as a solid rule to avoid this altogether not sure if its accurate but I trust lisa you can tell me if it is or isnt

Do you have any methods to avoiding getting angered by events in-game? (as that'll help to avoid breaking rules)

I have decided to try to be nicer to people in ghost chat I have already been working on that everyone does what they do for a reason and there is always a full picture to everything so going out all anger and venting out on someone for something isn't really fair to them without knowing the full extent of what's going on

Also I might consider playing the game less and play some Vagante taking some breaks now and then into playing something else would probably be nice
Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #668359

sorry for disappointing you I really tried to get no notes but I'm to used to TG rules I did it out of habit
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #668361

Hoolny wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:47 am
I didn't know of this but for the future I will consider it as a solid rule to avoid this altogether not sure if its accurate but I trust lisa you can tell me if it is or isnt
that rule in question would be rule 2 - stuff from a past life is ghost knowledge/not your current character/therefore metaknowledge.
you can trust em on that one.

Aside from that, I'll take everything else you've said here at face value - don't let me (or yourself!) down and you'll be free.
You should be unbanned shortly across all our servers, welcome back.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #668364

I WONT let you down pinky promise just like I promised Dezupher