[Wesoda25] BallastMonsterGnarGnar - Head Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

[Wesoda25] BallastMonsterGnarGnar - Head Ban Appeal

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #668730

BYOND account: BallastMonsterGnarGnar
Character name: Jonathon Gupta
Ban type: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer(QM added later by request)
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: When he, a proven harmful captain, was denied upload access, started to force his way in. After urgings from a traitor CMO, killed a cyborg who was following its laws and attempting to keep him out of the upload. With your history in mind, you've shone you can't handle yourself in command positions.
Time ban was placed: 2021 - 04 - 11
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 160034
Your side of the story: I forgot but I think I was going insane from a chase that was litteraly returning nothing due to not having my id and the cmo was the only person I could semi trust at the time to catch the guy.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I just wanna get the ban off my record, thats about it.
References of good conduct: It's been about 2 years now, insane to think about how far away I am from "Gupta" Now
Anything else we should know: I probably won't play tg even after this appeal, I would just like to appeal it :)
Last edited by Jonathan Gupta on Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: [Wesoda25] BallastMonsterGnarGnar - Head Ban Appeal

Post by vect0r » #668732

You might want to add a "why you should be unbanned" section.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #668743

Oh yeah
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #668777

Wesoda wesodain't an admin anymore. Imma just sweep in and help out in the meantime.

So basically here's the issue Gupta. Your perma-command ban was predated by a month command ban from me:
Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer for 1 month - Absolutely terrible history as a player. Killed and debrained two other players for spurious IC reasons as Captain. History of poor decision making as Command roles and a number of recent bans.
And a week server ban for the same incident:
Banned from the server for 7 days - Absolutely terrible history as a player. Killed and debrained two other players for spurious IC reasons as Captain. Massive over-escalation. Please read up on the escalation rules and understand when you can and cannot kill or debrain other players.
You were then perma'd by Vekter shortly after:
Banned from the server permanently - Constant history of bullshit since the beginning of the year. Has been warned multiple times and still seems to only really be here to grief. Went to the station as a free golem because another golem told him to 'wreak havoc', broke metagaming rules by telling him what happened in another life. When asked why he was breaking the rules said "im quite sped im autistic".
After which you picked up ANOTHER command ban
Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer for 1 day - As the Captain,walked in baton'd,shot with disabler lasers,cuffed and draged a medical doctor moth to the QM/Cargo as a "prank",Please for the lvoe of god dont do this stuff with command role, least admited they were wrong about it so i hpe they are improving this aspect of thier use of command in the future.
Finally culminating in your current command ban.

Shortly after this command ban, you were perma'd AGAIN
Banned from the server permanently - Round 160214 - Since you've been on probation, you've gotten 3 bans and one note. On this round you teamed up with a friend of yours who was a heretic and asked them to become a ghoul, sitting and waiting on the rune. Come back with a good vouch if you'd like to play here again.
This was all in the space of 2 months.

It's been a hot minute since all this bullshit. So what I want to ask you is:
Can you genuinely be trusted to play command without fucking around?

I'm about to enter a 6 month headmin term, and I can promise you for that full 6 month term: The finding out phase will probably see me voting for any future permabans to be upheld. Even if it's for the most minor and petty of miniscule rule breaks.

You've had more second chances than most. Can you finally handle the responsibility without fucking it up?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #668799

I can, and I want any slight inconvenience from me to result in a perma anyways. I found who I am finally so that's great, I forgot what a hot minute means.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #668801

Classic. I'll remove your head of staff bans in the next 5-10 minutes.

Don't fuck it up <3
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #668805

Done and player PMed in-game to let them know, so shifting this one on.