Appeals which have been closed.
TerrariaKing

[BAN] [WalterTruck] <TerrariaKing>

Post by TerrariaKing » #669062

BYOND account: <TerrariaKing.>
Character name: <NOT APPLICABLE>
Ban type: <SERVER>
Ban length: <PERMANENT>
Ban reason: <Banned by host: you, or another user of this computer or connection (TerrariaKing) from playing here. The ban reason is: When submitting the first-timer interview, claimed that they were an old player returning to the game, and listed various servers that they played on. When asked about their brand-new ckey (made just recently that day), they first claimed that they're just making a new ckey, then eventually admitted that they were just lying fully in both the interview and ahelp, before claiming that they were a completely new player, Give it some time, and if you'd like to try applying honestly, do so on the forums with an appeal.>
Time ban was placed: <2023-03-11 00:26:50>
Round ID in which ban was placed: < during round ID 2015865.>
Your side of the story: <got a new computer, made a new account because I forgot old account information, wanted to play on a new server got bullied by admin until I said what he wanted to hear.>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <only told the truth about the account creation, instead got harassed until the conversation resulted in a ban. >
References of good conduct: <no, have not played any server on this account, brand new account, see details of account from records please.>
WalterTruck
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: WalterTruck

Re: [BAN] [WalterTruck] <TerrariaKing>

Post by WalterTruck » #669917

Hello!
I'd like to start by saying sorry for the late response, I didn't have the proper time to respond to an appeal for a while, as between a bunch of commitments, I just haven't had what I thought was the proper energy to handle an appeal.

One thing that confuses me though is how you went back-and-forth on whether you were new or not, though. You originally stated that you played on these servers (as well as others), but then admitted to being new after I asked you about them. Afterwards, you proceeded to accuse me of breaking SOP, and said "Does that prove that I played this game before?" (assumedly, because you knew about SOP for lawyers/sec in this game, something people outside of it generally wouldn't know). You also stated that "I have a new computer with a new account" in the same ticket, referring to earlier when you stated that you were an old player just making a new account for their new computer. Now, in this appeal, you also tell me that you really did make a new account after being an old player. You've outright told me that you're both a new player, but also that you really are someone who's played here before. Would you mind clearing that up for me first?

Here's the ticket, by the way, in case you need a refresher on anything that was said:
TerrariaKing

Post by TerrariaKing » #669967

Hello, WalterTruck!
I guess the sarcasm was lost in the messages. like I stated in the interview prompts, and in the ahelp responses, I have played this game before, just have a new computer with a new account. I do not know the information to the old account, that is why this is a new account because I have a new computer.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #671310

MeesterHorse wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:56 pm Hello WalterTruck,
I would like to start out by saying that TerrariaKing is a friend of mine and I do not think his ban is warranted. I am aware that the main reason for his ban was due to "lying" on the questionnaire. We agreed that it would be in the best interest for both of us to claim that we do not know each other given how admins tend to freak out regarding supposed metacomming. I wish that I didn't have to involve myself in this issue, but frankly this appeal has gone unanswered for long enough. I figure now at this point it would be more beneficial to TerrariaKing's case if he had me to confirm that he is, in fact, not a new player. I am willing to vouch for TerrariaKing's character if it is needed. Thanks.
Hello horse, would you be alright linking your Byond account to you profile? It is one of those things where we don’t know who you are, or how much you have played if you don’t.
Thanks in advance!
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #672402

I am now taking over this appeal!

So, we'll have this wrapped up by your next message, Terrariaking (I beat the Moon Lord so I'm not sure if you still have that title)

The reason we scrutinize these applications is because our server is currently having an influx of ban-evaders, meaning we're on high alert watching for any "sus" connections from new accounts. Imagine if you will, someone connecting to the server flip-flopping between stories of being absolutely new and having an account before, that would raise a significant number of red flags, as well as actively lying to admins being pretty against-the-rules (which from an outside perspective, that's kind of what that looks like).

So, you have a vouch from another player (Meester Horse), and I'm happy to remove the ban when you review the following page and then please fill me in on your last account's ckey. Out of curiosity, why tell the admin two separate stories in the first place?
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TerrariaKing

Post by TerrariaKing » #672457

Hello Cheshify,
I finally found my username for my old account, it was delectablepoop.
TerrariaKing

Post by TerrariaKing » #672460

Hello Cheshify!
I found my old ckey, It was delectablepoop. There were never two separate stories, I was being sarcastic about being a new player, but I guess that got lost in internet speak. Feel free to go back on my old account information, at the time I did not have the log in information, but should be linked to my current beyond account of terrariaking.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #672466

You've been unbanned, and the note changed to:

"New account of delectablepoop

viewtopic.php?p=669062#p669062"
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #672469

You may still need to go through an interview due to low playtime, but you can direct admins towards this appeal or the note on your account. Welcome back to TGstation.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TerrariaKing

Post by TerrariaKing » #672475

Thanks!