[O0cyann0o] ATHATH - Banned for creating a chemical phylactery, second appeal

Post by ATHATH » #669214

BYOND account: ATHATH
Character name: Red Giant
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:
Spoiler:
Time ban was placed: 12/04/2021 (over a year ago)
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Incident occurred in round 174158, ban was applied in 174171.
Your side of the story: See viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30712.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, to be blunt, it's been a year. I've moved on to other things, changed a bit as a person (I hope), and come back.

For the record, I agree with the original ban. I had been antag banned for trying to achieve automated, difficult-to-disrupt self-revival using an exploit, and then did it again before that antag ban had even worn off. Regardless of any personal opinions on the matter, I had defied a direct warning from an admin and was punished for it. If an admin tells me that they don't want me to do something within their domain, I should respect that.

In the future, I promise to be more proactive in telling admins what I plan to do before I do it- asking permission instead of forgiveness, not the other way around.
References of good conduct: I've been behaving relatively well on Skyrat for the past few months, although I've been told that I haven't been there for long enough to be eligible to receive a headmin voucher.
Anything else we should know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qJ1E8EljVM
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Re: [O0cyann0o] ATHATH - Banned for creating a chemical phylactery, second appeal

Post by Domitius » #669223

Hey Athath!

Your appeal is genuine and honest which I really appreciate. I don't see a reason to pursue a complete headmin voucher from skyrat given what you've written today, you already seem to fully understand the thin ice you'll be on in regards to exploiting mechanics.

Welcome back bud, the ban has been lifted.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [O0cyann0o] ATHATH - Banned for creating a chemical phylactery, second appeal

Post by Timberpoes » #669273

With your history, any future bug abuse on live servers is likely to lead you straight back here again.

I also kindly ask you not to look to our admin team for permission to abuse bugs. I'm not going to expect our admin team to keep up to date on every code exploit and the impacts therein.

When an admin gives you permission to do something they don't know enough about and you cause an issue, I give no guarantees that you won't get banned again despite having permission.

Your reputation certainly precedes you. You have been forewarned.

Oh, and make us proud and stuff. o7
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin