helplesscrane
Byond Username: Helplesscrane

[omega[ helplesscrane ban

Post by helplesscrane » #669341

BYOND account:[/b] helplesscrane
Character name: Character name at time of ban
Ban type: discord
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: requested by spookuni for their series of ping abuse and harassment of various staff
Time ban was placed: yesterday 9:09
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235
Your side of the story: I pinged the admin which in hindsight was not a good idea and I apologize.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I admit it I did abuse pings, I was under the impression that it did not matter because it was just a little notification. If I knew at the time as I do now how serious it was I would have reconsidered my actions, I realized that it wasn't funny or cool to do and didn't do it for a week or two then randomly I'm banned after not doing it for a while and omega dming me showing he banned me, which I think was a little immature on his side, however, this isn't about him it's about me. I'm truly sorry to the admins I pinged from the bottom of my heart I hope you forgive me.
References of good conduct: this is the only discord server I've ever been banned from
Anything else we should know: I'm sorry
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: [omega[ helplesscrane ban

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #669344

Denied.

You were given 3 consecutive "warnings" by staff timing you out for longer and longer periods.
You were told to not tell people to kill themselves (which you did repeatedly) on our platform.
You racked up so many warnings, so fast, that I was personally surprised you did not have more time in "time out" than able to speak.

Multiple staff and users have complained about your behavior, and I agree with all of them. You do not seem to care about following the rules until you're given a ban you cannot wait out.

Headmins may overturn this if they so choose.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
helplesscrane
Byond Username: Helplesscrane

Post by helplesscrane » #669412

First, the only time I've ever told anyone in this community to "kill themself" was once and obviously a joke, I only got warned two times one for saying "kill yourself", and another for pinging which after I stopped doing. Then after i had quit doing it for a week or two you banned me, these are the only two warnings I have so I'm not sure what you mean by racking up so many warnings so fast. I want headmin review for this and I'd like to let them know if you were so kind as to accept my appeal I have learned from this, and I won't do anything of the sort again.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #669413

helplesscrane wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:40 pm another for pinging which after I stopped doing.
If getting timed out by myself and hulk at least 3 times (and the timeout from timber for spam pinging goof) didn't register as a notice to knock it off I'm not sure what to tell you.
Headmins have been notified.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #669416

There are no problems with Omega's stance or ruling on this issue.

Your Discord shittery is repetitive and incredibly well documented via warnings and timeouts.

You've been given more chances than most, and you've had admins questioning if you're even over 18. Food for thought.

You can reappeal in a year.

Timberpoes: 👍
RaveRadbury: 👍
Kieth4: 👍
Spookuni: 👍
Misdoubtful: N/A
San7890: N/A
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin