Ban length: Note
Ban reason:
F672E03E-C924-4349-9727-3318A277D1A6.png
Time ban was placed: 2023-02-19 02:01:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 200376
Your side of the story:

ROUND 200372 https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/200372?h=maskenary:

Yes, I was harassing the clown, but that was because I absolutely knew they were a heretic.

They had prints directly underneath TWO rifts
The likelyhood of just accidentally touching the tile directly underneath a rift is next to nothing, and having two rifts with your prints underneath cannot be a coincidence. There was also a rift in detectives office that may or may not be from them, but due to the lack of prints on anything around, it can suggest a jaunt into the office and out (ash heretic)

In their bag was: Numerous bandages, glass sheets, and matchbox
This is very clearly the exact materials required to mass produce ash heretic blades. Knowing about antagonists and what they do is allowed.

They also failed my interrogation
They did things like trying to think of weak excuses in the moment and attempting to act completely oblivious to everything, which proves their guilt. The way they were responding confirmed to me that they were a real heretic.

These things combined indicate an almost guaranteed chance they're a heretic. Instead of killing or perma-ing them to end their round, I decided to take the lighter route by messing with them instead.
(they were actually a heretic in the roundend report by the way)

This is justified, this is not a "might be an antag" moment. I undeniably knew they were an antag, and crew is allowed to do whatever to antags.

Throughout my interactions with them I was talking a lot too, so it was not wordless.

ROUND 200376 https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/200376?h=maskenary:

AI constantly calls out on radio about a borg being unsynced and rogue, even sending a station announcement about it.

Code: Select all

01:03:53	SAY	ShadowedEnvy/(AI) "Okay so Kendall might be a traitor, I lost telemetry to my borg and they were standing by it with the borg's panel open"
01:04:07	SAY	ShadowedEnvy/(AI) "Can you figure out what happened?"
01:05:28	SAY	ShadowedEnvy/(AI) "Anyways why did you disconnect Spaghetti from me"
01:07:12	SAY	ShadowedEnvy/(AI) (priority announcement) "Spaghetti O.S. is subverted, kill it if you see it"
01:09:59	SAY	ShadowedEnvy/(AI) "Please kill this borg"
01:10:09	SAY	ShadowedEnvy/(AI) "It's unsynced"
Of course if the AI is screaming that “my borg is subverted by Kendall Rockwell!” and that they're a traitor, I'm going to do something right?

01:08:31	ATTACK	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) stun attacked Baltic419/(Kendall Rockwell) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 72)	(172, 119, 4)	Robotics Lab
01:08:33	ATTACK	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) kicks Baltic419/(Kendall Rockwell) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 73.5)	(166, 119, 4)	Robotics Lab
01:08:33	ATTACK	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) shoved Baltic419/(Kendall Rockwell) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 73.5)	(166, 119, 4)	Robotics Lab
01:08:34	ATTACK	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) stun attacked Baltic419/(Kendall Rockwell) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 75)	(166, 119, 4)	Robotics Lab
01:08:35	ATTACK	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) attempted to handcuff Baltic419/(Kendall Rockwell) (NEWHP: 75)	(166, 119, 4)	Robotics Lab
01:08:38	ATTACK	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) handcuffed Baltic419/(Kendall Rockwell) (NEWHP: 78.5)
No damage is done from this exchange, baton hits are leftclicks. After that, I proceed to strip him and do no further damage to him. I did not beat the crap out of them.

Regarding the other roboticist, it wasn't actually an arrest/search. Me and Kayla have an agreement that we can lightly mess around with each other whenever, so I just cuffed him and didn't actually search him. This "arrest" on the other roboticist is irrelevant.

01:09:11	SAY	Cboggs03/(Kayla Paulson) "you should really"
01:09:14	SAY	Cboggs03/(Kayla Paulson) "yell flint lock wood"
01:09:16	SAY	Cboggs03/(Kayla Paulson) "ever-HRNK!"
01:09:16	SAY	Cboggs03/(Kayla Paulson) "time"
01:09:20	SAY	Cboggs03/(Kayla Paulson) "FLINT LOCK WOOOD!!"
01:09:20	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "FLINT LOCKWOOOOOOOOOOD"
01:09:22	SAY	Cboggs03/(Kayla Paulson) "AHAHA"
(not a serious arrest)

And again, this arrest was not wordless either. I talked with and questioned both the roboticists and the borg.

01:09:36	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "who did it”
01:09:43	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "ya SNITCH!!!”
01:09:51	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "get da STITCH"
01:09:57	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "anyways”
01:10:01	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "why did they do that”
01:10:31	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "uhuh"
01:10:33	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "huhu"
01:10:33	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "huhuh"
01:10:34	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "huhuh"
01:10:35	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "huthutuhtuhutuhtuh"	
01:10:39	SAY	Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "dont do that"
I did a routine search on the roboticist that was being constantly called out by AI on radio as a person that had subverted their borg.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I handled these situations appropriately.
This note is overly harsh and factually incorrect.
Regarding “NRP”, I do a good amount of talking once the criminals are secured.

Also, I'm pretty sure I communicated a decent amount of this in the ahelps, did you guys not consider what I said?
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Re: [Scriptis] Brick Hansen security note

Post by Scriptis » #670611

I have no issue with removing this note for the reasons outlined in your post, but I really want you to understand that this is an ongoing rule 0+1 situation.

If you'll recall, there were 5+ admins online at the time of this note being placed, several of whom joined just to get a feel for the situation, and, behind the scenes, a lot of discussion between admins on Discord. The end goal here--what we're all trying to do--is to just stop having so many people on Sybil saying so many distasteful things about you. That kind of environment led to the negative feedback loop and eventual downfall of helplesscrane, hoolny, zybwivcz, localbox, &c. I'm interested in remediating that sort of environment and behavior over just noting and banning you. The more you've done this sort of thing to other players, the more and more they've started treating you like a dick, and the more they've complained about you.

I'd like to share one of my bans with you. In August 2021, five months clean from any major incidents, I was banned for a day because:

scriptis 2021-08-03 23:58:20 o0cyann0o Sybil

Banned from the server for 1 day - Has a history of toeing the line when it comes to self antaging, in particular as command staff. This specific incident involved
making a deathtrap in the bridge out of plasmaglass windows, n2o, and posessed vending machines, which caused several people to be killed or put into crit, including
a security officer. was told that if they continued to toe the line, bans of increasing severity will be issued.
In hindsight, this note was mechanically wrong on a number of levels:
  • the possessed vending machines, triggered by complete RNG by brand awareness, got into the chamber at no fault of my own, rendering it lethal beyond my control;
  • the security officer was informed numerous times that the bridge was booby-trapped, and yet he walked in anyway; and, finally,
  • this was a dayban for a "history of self antag" that, to me, hadn't existed for at least five months.
I was disappointed and pretty agitated, but I didn't appeal the ban; instead I opened a Policy Discussion thread. Why? Because apparently, somewhere, too many people were still complaining about me. Enough that I had become a problem. Rather than arguing with the admin who already didn't like me, I decided to go out of my way to ask how to do better.

This is where you are right now. There are currently A Lot of People That Don't Like You For Arbitrary Reasons and A Bunch Of Admins Who Want You To Do Better. You don't have to go out of your way to make everyone happy, but it wouldn't hurt to put in some more effort for the sake of others. You've made some progress in this regard, and I'm hoping you keep that up.

So yes, I can drop the note. It's mechanically wrong with context, just like mine. But I want you to at least take this away from it.
Last edited by Scriptis on Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

maskenary
Byond Username: Maskenary

Post by maskenary » #670613

Thanks, I will take this away from it.
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #670617

I spent a good thirty minutes writing that and you spent a grand total of two minutes to read it, so I really hope you didn't TL;DR it.

I'll remove the note a bit later tonight when I can get on.
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #670766

Removed.
Spoiler: