DevinXoptoh
Byond Username: DevinXoptoh

[< Sightld2 >] DevinXoptoh - Antag Ban appeal

Post by DevinXoptoh » #670401

BYOND account: DevinXoptoh
Character name: Chip Shafer
Ban type: Roles, Antag
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard permanently - On Round ID 201859. You appear to have joined the game for 55 seconds, before ghosting. After which you posted in the discord "Im gonna play halo inf because Im honestly fed up of manuel atm, the same people getting antags and the same shitty round over and over." This is pretty blatant Antag rolling, and beyond that, you just recieved a message about this from MrMelbert who has also kindly logged a few other rounds where you ghost near roundstart. I suggest taking a break and appealing after you have some time under your belt enjoying the game without Antags at all.
Time ban was placed: Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 201859
Your side of the story: I left the round fairly early on to play something else with a few friends, I mentioned in the discord that I was going to play Halo infinite and that I was fed up of the boring rounds due to the same people getting antag constantly
Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, I understand the reason of the ban being put in place as it does come across as antag rolling. I can assure you that I do not have the intentions of that and that it barely crossed my mind that it can come across that way. Im aware ive had other admins speak to me regarding this aswell.

Anything else we should know: Manuel is one of the very few ss13 servers that I play anymore, Im banned from f*lp and any chance of an appeal there is pointless even though it was almost three years ago now
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: [< Sightld2 >] DevinXoptoh - Antag Ban appeal

Post by Sightld2 » #670404

Thank you for taking the time to appeal. As I mentioned in our later conversation regarding this ban, I don't intend to lift it myself without seeing you get some playtime under your belt while banned and until then you could appeal to see if the headmins disagreed with my decision. I see at the time of this appeal you have since observed a single round since then, so I'll go ahead and inform the headmins you'd like them to look at this and make my case below.

I hope you can understand why in my eyes "The same people keep getting antag, I'm out" is dangerously close to "I didn't get antag, I'm out." Especially given that you left the round not even a minute after joining, if you can't commit to a round for a even a minute, then you probably shouldn't join it.

On Round 201776 Melbert confronted you when you ghosted and ahelped asking if you were shadow antag banned at one minute and fifty seconds into the round.

You claimed to both Melbert and I in our separate conversations that you were joining briefly to check if there was "anyone" on to have a good round with or check on interesting projects later. I don't quite see that as reasonable excuse given that you can look at the crew manifest before joining a round to see how many players there are, who they are and what jobs they're playing.

On Round id 201719 you ghosted near instantly as well.

On round id 201671 you ahelped numerous times after dying asking us to add more threat to the round for midround antagonists to spawn. And twice again on Round ID 201714 closed by Harricross. Again please understand this really looks like "I'd like to roll for a midround antagonist now please"

As mentioned, I am denying this appeal. And for me personally to lift it, I'd like to hear back from you after at least 50 rounds played with this ban in place, and without you leaving near roundstart of course. I looked at your typical play time to decide on that number, you should manage in under two weeks.

Anyhow, as mentioned I've also pinged the headmins informing them of your appeal and my denial. They may decide to rule in your favor. Good luck either way and take care.

Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #670413

As an addendum. I've been advised by one headmin, that they've got quite a backlog of work on their hands. And that while they will reach your appeal eventually, it's in the interest of fairness that we try and resolve this between you and me without them as to get your ban lifted as sooner. So in addition to the 50 rounds option I gave to you already, I will also consider an appeal from you after 35 living hours with the ban in place (Your total living play time would read 370 hours.) The rationale behind either option is that I just need a reasonable time frame to check out rounds that you've been playing more normally.

But of course, you can reject both and wait for the headmins and see if they might rule in your favor. Please let me know what you intend on doing, thanks.

DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #670414

I will still be actively playing on manuel, so my playtime will be increasing.

the reason for the ahelping regarding the threat is due to a total lack of anything happening in a round regardless of what orbit it is, it causes people to go insane and then just, ghost/suicide en masse. Having a round with no threat/the antags doing nothing is just boring, the whole "I want to roll" I understand, but when theres 15 other ghosts just.... sat there? it isnt usually just me
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #670532

Are you willing to accept the option to appeal after 35 living hours as offered by the admin?
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #670540

I am willing to accept that yes,
I am also willing to take it on the chin that it looks like I am antag rolling.
If possible I would also like the amount lowered to 30 just due to having a few games already since posting the appeal
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #670546

also, if you prefer more action, why not try one of the other servers?
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #670599

I have been on the other servers.
Terry is... just gamers everywhere and you dont get a chance as an antag.
Campbell, well. Campbell.
Sybil is EU time and doesnt match to my sleep pattern and never reaches a decent pop
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #670708

DevinXoptoh wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:15 pm If possible I would also like the amount lowered to 30 just due to having a few games already since posting the appeal
I’m considering the living hours from the time the ban is placed. Your total will read 370 living. Are we content to close this appeal and you make a new one once you’re ready?

DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #670878

Would it be acceptable for this appeal to be kept open and just, ping you when those living hours are achieved?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #670910

DevinXoptoh wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:47 am Would it be acceptable for this appeal to be kept open and just, ping you when those living hours are achieved?
In the interests of decluttering the ban appeal subforum this will be locked and moved within a couple of days.

You're free to save a link to it and post it in any future appeal, since basically everything has been agreed you won't need to go into full song and dance. Just fill in the template and pop a little "I was asked to play for a bunch of hours and re-appeal, which I've now done! [link to old appeal]"
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #670912

grand thank you!
DevinXoptoh

Slightd Antag perma ban appeal PT2

Post by DevinXoptoh » #672546

Not following format due to it being breif.
My living hours have made the required time as noted in this

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33619

I am 3 hours off from req time on the time of this appeal being made
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #672552

My master plan revealed. I have merged your new appeal into this one so all the context is together. Easy.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #672554

I was SUPER confused where my appeal had gone then! thats... fancy to say the least!
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #672589

Anyway, is it accepted?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #672594

Patience. Sightld2 is aware of the appeal, they'll handle it in due course.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #672659

Firstly, yes I fully intend to lift the antag ban and will be doing so as soon as I post this. I can see via Riggle's tools that you have since not roundstart suicided once, which is great. But I'd like to add that you've gotten three notes rapid rapid succession since the time of the ban. I worry that that there's still a degree of misunderstanding between expectations for what the admin team expects in general of MRP vs yourself. I've seen you express dissatisfaction with many of your notes, but (with my limited context) they seem relatively warranted. I'd encourage you to appeal them as well if you really think they're silly. As a final note, be aware this is pretty much your last straw for antag rolling in particular. Let us know if you need to leave early into a round, and if you have to go reeeally early into a round, it's better not to join it. If we have to end up antag banning you again, for this reason, I imagine it'd stick around for a great deal longer being much harder to appeal. All that is to say, I think you can improve, and I'm rooting for you, but warning you about these things I'm noticing. Take care.