[Striders13] JustaVidya - Perma Ban

Post by Justavidya » #671006

BYOND account: JustaVidya

Character name: Likely Maximillian Schwarzmuller/ Tony Tagliatelli

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Image

Time ban was placed: 2023-01-15 12:27:19

Server you were playing on when banned: Original ban request was Manuel, perma ban was Campbell

Round ID in which ban was placed: 198269

Your side of the story: Due to a rather stressful period I was undergoing/lack of enjoyment of the game (Manuel specifically) at the time, I requested a temporary ban (I felt compelled to play, despite not enjoying it, hence I felt some intervention was in order). After some days of not playing, I had felt ready to try again - using an alt account (Filthyfool), I logged in and played a few days on Campbell. The change of pace and 'sandbox' nature of Campbell was far more relaxing to me and I rather enjoyed it. I was then given the perma ban by admin Striders13 for the use of the alt account.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I recognise that in using an alt I had used may be in violation of the discretionary aspect of Rule 0 and I apologise for that, however I do not think my conduct otherwise has been negative on the server. I believe I contribute where I can and am not a detriment to player enjoyment. Furthermore, my initial ban from Manuel was on a request basis - I did not break any rules to be banned, I just needed a break. Thus, as the discretionary precedent on the wiki states
Admins may ask players in possession of multiple alt accounts to choose one to play on and ban the other accounts.
I have given the ban two months, however the bug has bit me again and I'd like to get back to playing on Manuel. I would like to request to be unbanned on Justavidya, my main account. Filthyfool, being an alt, can stay banned.

References of good conduct: I'm unsure if this is particularly relevant to this situation, however, I play on Aurora HRP and may provide references upon request.

Anything else we should know: Here are some images of me playing in Manuel - for whatever it's worth. The point being that I am not a 'bad actor' and, at least in my tiny way, as a chef, try to contribute to the game (despite some notes from a few years ago - please be aware that they do exist, however, I believe that I have moved on from them).

Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: [Striders13] JustaVidya - Perma Ban

Post by Striders13 » #671036

Hey, thanks for making an appeal. Ban wasn't even meant to affect both your accounts, I changed it to only affect Filthyfool, let me know if you're having issues connecting under Justavidya.
Justavidya
Byond Username: JustaVidya

Post by Justavidya » #671041

I am able to access the server now. Thank you kindly for your speedy response and I apologise if I may have been curt with you in the past - you did not deserve it.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #671043

Justavidya wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:33 am I am able to access the server now. Thank you kindly for your speedy response and I apologise if I may have been curt with you in the past - you did not deserve it.
All good. Sorry for fucking up the ban, and welcome back.