Appeals which have been closed.
alarmbutsmok

[Cheshify] BAN APPEAL: Thesmokealarm

Post by alarmbutsmok » #671356

BYOND account:Thesmokealarm

Character name:Nathan Lowestone

Ban type:Server Ban

Ban length:Permanent

Ban reason:Once again, ignited a CLF3 grenade on the shuttle before the round ended, having mistimed when round end would happen. You have a history of bomb based abuse, including a similar incident a month ago, notes detailing that you shouldnt be abusing bombs on the shuttle, and others detailing your abuse of chem in general. i can't see you improving, especially with how flippant you were to being told to wait until roundend to set off grenades in our ticket.

Time ban was placed:2023-03-02 04:03:06

Server you were playing on when banned:Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed:201053

Your side of the story:We were on the shuttle, and 3 seconds nearing arrival, i decide to set off a bomb given to me by another chemist.

Why you think you should be unbanned:I feel that we can work this out by proposing an alternative and looking why the problem is caused, the problem here being my lack of responsibility when managing harmful objects in the game(like CLF3 bombs or poison like cyanide or fentanyl).
References of good conduct:ive been playing on CEV eris, where i have tried to bring a rich roleplay experience to the table, ive read on this game during the time ive been banned, ive tried to educate myself more and ive tried to change the way i play, find different ways to play it, new roles, etc.

Anything else we should know: Ive tried to be as respectful as possible to admins and other players OOC, and i regret the times where ive insulted people in there, so for that, forgive me. Being on this server has been a great and entretaining experience, the community is warm and united (the same goes for the admins), a community that wont hesitate on helping you when you need assistance, this same goes for the admins, however, i remember an incident that happened one time, a round when i was a chemist in tramstation, i was fighting someone because he was breaking into chemistry, after that, he started calling me several slurs, like "Sperg" and "Retard", fortunately, the admins acted quickly, and i have to thank them a lot for that.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [Cheshify] BAN APPEAL: Thesmokealarm

Post by Cheshify » #671373

Ticket and recent relevant notes for context (Notes are in chronological order from old to new)

In regards to the references of good conduct, Eris has offered some insight:
About 7 rounds played in the past month. Even less before that.
-admins that logs show have directly handled his a helps do not remember him so I can say that he's not been around enough for a vouch but he has not earned bad notes either.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #671379

Taking a look at the ban from my viewpoint. I see a player who has a significant recent history of bad-faith play with explosives refusing to wait until the round has ended to set off grief-grenades. I chose to permaban when I read the previous ticket you had with MrMelbert. (The ban time was incorrectly placed and later updated to 5 days)
You were given multiple chances and still continued to do the exact same thing after the rules are explained and what you're doing wrong is very clearly laid out. Your lack of time on other servers isn't exactly reassuring, and if the issue lies with "lack of responsibility when managing harmful objects in the game", what roles could you play that aren't exposed to harmful objects? Every job in the game has access to dangerous tools, and your in-ticket refusal to wait a few seconds before abusing those tools doesn't give me much confidence.

I want to hear more from you, what you think about this response, what your playtime was like on other servers. I'm not denying this appeal, I want to be given better reasoning to justify an unban.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
alarmbutsmok

Post by alarmbutsmok » #671428

Cheshify wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:12 pm Taking a look at the ban from my viewpoint. I see a player who has a significant recent history of bad-faith play with explosives refusing to wait until the round has ended to set off grief-grenades. I chose to permaban when I read the previous ticket you had with MrMelbert. (The ban time was incorrectly placed and later updated to 5 days)
You were given multiple chances and still continued to do the exact same thing after the rules are explained and what you're doing wrong is very clearly laid out. Your lack of time on other servers isn't exactly reassuring, and if the issue lies with "lack of responsibility when managing harmful objects in the game", what roles could you play that aren't exposed to harmful objects? Every job in the game has access to dangerous tools, and your in-ticket refusal to wait a few seconds before abusing those tools doesn't give me much confidence.

I want to hear more from you, what you think about this response, what your playtime was like on other servers. I'm not denying this appeal, I want to be given better reasoning to justify an unban.
Most of the griefing comes when im a chemist, so my suggestion is to get permanently rolebanned from chemist, because most of the rounds where i end up doing this sort of stuff are rounds where i am a chemist, so, by applying a roleban, the events where situations like this happen wont happen again, thats the alternative i propose, a roleban as a chemist and no tolerance for the next event like this
alarmbutsmok

Post by alarmbutsmok » #671431

Cheshify wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:12 pm Taking a look at the ban from my viewpoint. I see a player who has a significant recent history of bad-faith play with explosives refusing to wait until the round has ended to set off grief-grenades. I chose to permaban when I read the previous ticket you had with MrMelbert. (The ban time was incorrectly placed and later updated to 5 days)

I forgot to add to the last one that i havent been playing much as of lately, now that i find myself busy, i might also not be able to respond or see this quickly because of that, but your tolerance and quick responce are (and have been) greatly appreciated
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #671433

I avoided that choice in the past because every job has dangerous content. My thought process was:
If Thesmokealarm can't stop themselves from left clicking for 3 seconds (and then refusing not to left click for 3 seconds), then how can I trust them with TTVs, security equipment, antagonist gear, whatever. I understand the method is chem bombs, but it's not the method that's the issue, it's the fact that there's been a lack of restraint.

I'm going to take a bit (within 24 business hours) to consider your proposal.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #671436

Well, as I was writing that previous post I came to the decision that I'll be deciding to unban your account with an added note of "TheSmokeAlarm has had their permanent ban changed to a medical department-ban to keep them away from chemistry. I want to see TheSmokeAlarm prove that they're capable of change."

Following that, I'd like you to appeal the medical ban after some time, with plenty playtime and positive interactions included. This is a second chance on top of second chances, I really need to stress that.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #671438

You've been unbanned from the server and permanently banned from medical roles with the following note:
TheSmokeAlarm has had their permanent ban changed to a medical department-ban to keep them away from chemistry.
I want to see TheSmokeAlarm prove that they're capable of change, and stress that this is a second chance on top of second chances. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33635
I get that it's a little blunt, but I want to see improvement! Please note that the server has had a full MRP rule re-write in the time since you've been gone.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Roleplay_Rules
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
alarmbutsmok

Post by alarmbutsmok » #672035

Cheshify wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:54 am You've been unbanned from the server and permanently banned from medical roles with the following note:
TheSmokeAlarm has had their permanent ban changed to a medical department-ban to keep them away from chemistry.
I want to see TheSmokeAlarm prove that they're capable of change, and stress that this is a second chance on top of second chances. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33635
I get that it's a little blunt, but I want to see improvement! Please note that the server has had a full MRP rule re-write in the time since you've been gone.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Roleplay_Rules
i have no words to describe what im feeling other than "Holy fucking shit 40000 bless you chesh, fucking thank you so fucking much man thanksthanksthanksthanks", thanks for this second thance
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #672345

Just prove me right by playing in good faith!
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta