Ban type: Server
Ban length: Perma
Ban reason:
Capture.PNG
Time ban was placed: 2022-03-23
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 202379
Your side of the story:
I entered sci to help out Briar Bates with learning how to make maxcaps. I taught them all the steps.
While I was leaving, a (DIFFERENT SCIENTIST) Monty calls me a dickhead out of the blue so I steal his shoes.
Minor scuffing happens as I try to get out of sci but I cant because the doors are all closed so I end up losing and going into crit.
When I am revived in medbay, I notice that the sci looted my insulated gloves that I had.
I was shove stunning and beer smashing just to strip the gloves off and after I succeeded, I left them alone after
They kept chasing and lethalling me after that until I died, but additionally decapitated me
I ahelped without knowing they were a ling, and disconnected because I had to go

Why you think you should be unbanned:
This is a complete misunderstanding
Every combat thing I did (outside of trying to get my own gloves back) was defensive. I barely even touched this dude damage wise when they were wailing on me with chairs and cleavers
You can ask Briar on Discord if you wanna confirm it, but he WANTED me to HELP HIM with learning toxins

You really wanted that reason to get rid of me as soon as you became admin?
junkgle
Byond Username: Junkgle

Re: [rasonj] maskenary - completely wrong

Post by junkgle » #672619

I can vouch: I am literally briar bates
he didnt stun to get a bomb

proper escalation etc etc ic issue
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #672647

maskenary wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:38 am You really wanted that reason to get rid of me as soon as you became admin?
Rasonj was roughly guided through the placing of this ban and spoke to multiple admins before placing it. Things were discussed at length in the admin channels, but we had an incomplete picture at the time because you weren't available to comment.

I'll quote the advice I gave him myself:
Timberpoes — Yesterday at 23:54
Players aren't required to stay online and there's no rule about leaving during ahelps.

It just deprives the player of the opportunity to put their side of the story forward, answer questions and give clarifications, so you basically handle it on half the facts, add that the player was offline at the time and advise them to appeal with their side of the story in the ban/note.
If any fault lies with you being banned on half the facts, that fault squarely lies with the advice I gave Rasonj. It is, however, standard admin team operating procedure so you'll just have to deal with it. Now you're appealing, you're able to put your side forward and that will fill in a lot of the blanks we had before.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #672648

Hey, thanks for your appeal.

I spoke extensively with the admin bus and the overwhelming response was to permanently ban you because your initial ticket looked like banbait--it appeared, at the time, that you had tided into science, stirred up shit with a scientist, got owned, and ahelped:

Code: Select all

monty aleksleev overescalation, i tresspassed into their department, they crit me and stole insuls, i took insuls back, they decapped me 
You then disconnected, and were not available to provide your side of the story. A quick skim of the logs made it look like you were at fault, when, in reality, you hadn't tided into science at all--you were teaching a new guy ordnance!

I want to make it clear, the ban reason was not for breaking into science, self antagging, stealing bombs, or bad escalation. It was for submitting an intentionally misleading Ahelp with the intention of getting another player banned after they killed you during an extended series of escalation. While your initial ahelp leaves much to be desired, with your side of the story revealed, I do not believe there needs to be any administration action taken.

You'll be unbanned promptly.
junkgle
Byond Username: Junkgle

Post by junkgle » #672658

rasonj wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:35 am you were teaching a new guy ordnance!

I only have 300 less hours than you...