Appeals which have been closed.
Swavementa
Byond Username: Cingemasterb

[Hulkamania] Cosmodeus - Discord Ban Appeal

Post by Swavementa » #678171

Discord username: Cosmodeus#5561
Commonly used names: Geonosis Macross
Banning admin: Hulkamania
Ban reason: Posted an image of people on fire at a concert, of which nobody died
Time ban was placed: 8:45 Central 11/13/21
Your side of the story: People had been posting videos and pictures of self immolation in the political chat all the time. I posted a video of people burning at a concert because the fuel from the sparkles they use had exploded. Nobody was actually seriously injured or killed in the accident mind you. I made the honest mistake of thinking the context of self immolation videos and pictures were the same thing as a video of people burning at a concern because I wasn't concerned that self immolation was acceptable for being a form of protest which in the modern era, is interpreted as no harm intended although suicide is indeed harmful.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm not going to post videos and pictures of people burning themselves. I won't even post political topics in the political section of discord, if it still exists which I hope it doesn't as I'm pretty sure it was a combination of my posts there and asking headmin to account for power abusing admins that led to me having to appeal at so long a distance apart. There are people who ban evade in seconds, make threats even, and constantly bombard the servers with actual problems while merely trying to post a post similar to other post people made before me as I believed it would appeal to the audience I'm showing it to is actually punished. That's like when you all posted woody got wood and pretended it was less creepy than oingo boingo's song called little girls in which he makes fun of hollywood movie directors and pedophiles, an actual protest against something politically serious I might add. If you unban me from discord I will let admins abuse in game mechanics on me for a week without complaining to headmin.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: [Hulkamania] Cosmodeus - Discord Ban Appeal

Post by san7890 » #678179

You last appealed this ban here: viewtopic.php?p=659643#p659643 in December of 2022. This was no greater than four months ago. I will notify Hulkamania regardless.

I have also amended the title of your appeal to have the banning admin's name in it (which is appropriate since it is already known) and shifted the Discord aspect of it to be after your account name.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Swavementa

Post by Swavementa » #678196

san7890 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:10 am You last appealed this ban here: viewtopic.php?p=659643#p659643 in December of 2022. This was no greater than four months ago. I will notify Hulkamania regardless.

I have also amended the title of your appeal to have the banning admin's name in it (which is appropriate since it is already known) and shifted the Discord aspect of it to be after your account name.
My apologies I copied Viktors format they had used. Thank you.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #679078

Why'd you make this appeal so soon after your last one? Typical work on perma bans (which discord bans are by default) are 1 year between appeals.
Swavementa

Post by Swavementa » #679969

Hulkamania wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:11 pm Why'd you make this appeal so soon after your last one? Typical work on perma bans (which discord bans are by default) are 1 year between appeals.
Because the purpose of the last appeal being rejected was that I would "reoffend" which is something I'm mentioning I won't do.

EDIT: But that thread got locked immediately after that statement was made.
Last edited by Swavementa on Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #680040

You continue to show very little understanding in why what you did was wrong, instead opting to note things other people did that you find more personally offensive. How can we be sure you won't continue to break the rules if you don't grasp why what you posted was against the rules to begin with?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Swavementa

Post by Swavementa » #681196

Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:15 pm You continue to show very little understanding in why what you did was wrong, instead opting to note things other people did that you find more personally offensive. How can we be sure you won't continue to break the rules if you don't grasp why what you posted was against the rules to begin with?
When you say the words "You continue to show very little understanding in why what you did was wrong", can you show me what part after I've explained that I know what I did wrong shows that? It would help me understand better when you elaborate.

Also didn't you recently have a whole fiasco? The part where you still made the mistake even though you knew it was wrong shows that you lack understanding yet they unbanned you, which honestly you're saying the reason I should stay banned is merely because I don't understand is absurd. Are you willing to go back on that now to be a contrarian or would you like to make a new excuse (as to why I should remain banned)?

In fact if I'm going to be completely honest with you, wouldn't I be breaking the same rule here in the forum if what you say is true? Common.
Last edited by Swavementa on Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #681203

Swavementa wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:08 pm
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:15 pm You continue to show very little understanding in why what you did was wrong, instead opting to note things other people did that you find more personally offensive. How can we be sure you won't continue to break the rules if you don't grasp why what you posted was against the rules to begin with?
When you say the words "You continue to show very little understanding in why what you did was wrong", can you show me what part after I've explained that I know what I did wrong shows that? It would help me understand better when you elaborate.
Can you explain to us why posting a video of someone being lit on fire is wrong and why you shouldn't do it?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Swavementa

Post by Swavementa » #681210

Posting a video of someone being lit on fire is wrong for several reasons. First and foremost, it is a form of violence that can cause harm, both physical and psychological, to the person being burned and those who view the video. It is a violation of human dignity and can lead to traumatic effects on individuals.

Additionally, sharing such videos is often done without the consent of the victim or their loved ones, which is a breach of their privacy and can cause them further distress.

Moreover, posting such videos can encourage and normalize violent and dangerous behavior, which can have severe consequences. It can also desensitize people to violence and make them indifferent to the suffering of others.

In summary, posting a video of someone being lit on fire is morally wrong, disrespectful, and harmful to both the victim and society as a whole. It should never be done, and those who come across such videos should refrain from sharing them or encouraging their circulation.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #681469

I'm lifting this. For the record Vekter is overstepping a bit on this considering they're not even on the discord admin team, although I understand the intent behind their posts.