Sirnat's unban

Post by sirnat » #81677

Title/subject:
[admin name] player name - Bluespace

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Sirnat/Nathan Ward
Banning admin:Bluespace
Ban type (What are you banned from?): 60 minute ban
Ban reason and length: 60 minutes for killing a borg after I was stunned multiple times by them for keeping a syndicate operative OUT of cryo, I then killed the borg on the escape shuttle, I dont get why the admin banned me for this as many people commit murder on the shuttle.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 3:32PM EST
Your side of the story: It was a nuke ops, AI got taken out and the borgs were trying to HEAL syndicate operatives. I walk into cryo, see the borg trying to heal a operative in the cryo tubes so I remove the man from it, then the borg stuns me and drags me away from the tubes, twice, so I go and take the man out quickly and put him in a sleeper and pump him full of morphine, Im seeing the borgs as rogue in a RP viewpoint as they're helping traitors so I kill one onboard the escape shuttle with a Ion rifle. Bluespace then messaged me, cursing at me when I told him what happened and was infuriated by me killing a borg by RP means. Isn't this an RP server? I saw the borgs as rogue in a IN-Character viewpoint so I killed one on the escape shuttle. So, bluespace messaged me and begins cursing at me about not to take a player out of the round when the escape shuttle was not even 20s away from landing at the other destination. It was all RP, and it seems to me Bluespace didn't see it that way. I'm very annoyed by this
Why you think you should be unbanned: The reason I killed the borg was a RP reason as seeing him as rogue for helping syndicate operatives, also to note they wouldnt follow my command of leaving the medical area (law 2) so yes they were definently rogue and or just not following their laws trying to bait people into attacking them for aiding the syndicates.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Sirnat's unban

Post by Saegrimr » #81679

Twenty seconds, two seconds, a fifth of a microsecond. It doesn't matter because there is no "almost" when it comes to the end of the round shuttle grief fest. I wouldn't try to base any excuse on how close it is to the end of the round.

I'd like to ask how you viewed the borgs as rogue when they were actively trying to prevent human harm that you were trying to cause? Isn't that the key feature of the asimov lawset?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #81680

In a RP standpoint, seeing someone /helping/ someone who was trying to kill us all even a borg who was ordered to leave the medbay is seeing them as a rogue/traitor.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #81682

From an RP standpoint, are you completely oblivious to the entire purpose of the AI and its lawset? Personally I'd like to know in detail about what's driving the thing that can crush me in a doorway at any given moment and what's preventing it from doing so.

I mean if you're just gonna ignore the most basic silicon laws then i've got nothing to add here.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #81683

The AI was unresponsive as the ops had gotten to it, or so everyone thought as it wouldn't respond to anyone over radio. Definently making me feel as if the borgs were rogue as well. Adding onto it that is

So, I don't get how the server is RP, but i'm not allowed to have the developed feeling that the borg's are traitors seeing as how they're helping the people who have tried to kill me. Anyone that's used to RPing seriously would know thats a developed hatred toward a certain thing or person.

Guess you're "done" posting here then, whatevs then.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #81696

The ban has expired. Locking and moving.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you