BYOND account: Geatish
Character name: Ingemar Logger
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "EMOTE (Geatish/Ingemar Logger) Pulls out dick" Rule 8
Time ban was placed: 2023-04-23 21:57:48
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 204314
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/204300 (general server logs)
(ATTACK) https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/204 ... attack.txt
(GAME) https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/204 ... e=game.txt
(Search for Lipino7 to get the logs of the relevant guy)

Your side of the story: Before the round start my top choice for job was a scientist, but started as an engineer, so from the begining i was pretty disappointed, this ontop of already having a bad previus round had made me pretty irritated . Not having thought of anything to do as engi i just went to try and compleate my personal hot stylish engineer loadout, which i needed welding glasses for. Since Welding glasses needs to be researched beforehand i went down to sci to help speed along the research. On my way out of sci i meet the reason for my ill actions, an assistant that pushes me over, steals my ciggar and beats me so i only can run at walking speeds. When I try to chase after them they start mocking me which only makes me more pissed off. Eventually we are just running in circles around a wall at the sci entreance which finally made me hit my breaking point and thus commit indisent exposure. Being in a state of temporary psychosis i went on and said "toutch it" and "i just want you to feel it". I most likely wouldnt have done this if it wasnt for this non-antag assistant which went out of their way to spite me.

Anything else we should know: I deeply regret my actions, i undrestand what i did is not acceptable and i know i deserve some kind of punishment for it, but not a permaban. I often play on here and TG has become my favourite server since it objectively has the best codebase. Up to this point my worst offenses has been using ooc terms outside the ooc chat. Please see this as a mistake in a almost spotless track record.
Thanks
Attachments
514afdd8564166dc21d97edc5dbe396c398bdd3a1e83a75ecad3d329e1e6547a_3.jpg
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Re: [Kubisopplay] Geatish - Banned for rule 8

Post by Kubisopplay » #682782

Yeah, I am going to deny this appeal.
I would consider unbanning you if it was your only weird and creepy action, but even in that one round you also asked someone to "Take a hot and steamy shower together" which on its own would just raise some eyebrows, but in this context made my decision easier.
The reason I won't unban you is you trying to justify something that I am pretty sure can be qualified as sexual assault as a stress response.
This appeal is denied, you are free to ask headmins for their take. You can also wait a year, and come here again, preferably with a vouch so you can confirm you can play without such stress responses.
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
Geatish
Byond Username: Geatish

Post by Geatish » #682939

"but even in that one round you also asked someone to "Take a hot and steamy shower together" which on its own would just raise some eyebrows" that was compleatly spearete. I was stuck in the Sci decontamination airlock waiting for someone to open the door, I was there with another engi and since he was standing in the shower i made that joke. Taking it out of context the way you did made it sound creepy yes.

Also i wasn't defending it as "stress" i was pretty angry and annoyed at the assistant who was trying (and managed) to get me riled up. Calling it sexual assault is just blowing it out of the water. Was it inappropriate? eyes. Looking back at it i obvjuly was not using all of my critical thinking when i said those things.

I'd like to hear the headadmins view of this, how do i contact them?
Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #683008

I will inform them you want their look at it.
Geatish

Post by Geatish » #683653

Did you inform them and they didnt care or?
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #683657

They will reply when requested, but they have lives outside of tg, and some other thing inside. They also might disagree and debate on the banitself. Just give it some time, and have a break. Playing for 10 hours a day isn’t always healthy. Good luck!
Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #683723

Okay, so I have a question about some of the other things. I had few instances of you exploding pharmacy written down, could you tell me about them? Was it just trying to speedrun meth? Or did you blow them up just to do it?
Geatish

Post by Geatish » #685311

Kubisopplay wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:41 pm Okay, so I have a question about some of the other things. I had few instances of you exploding pharmacy written down, could you tell me about them? Was it just trying to speedrun meth? Or did you blow them up just to do it?
When i did that i was new to tg and tg chemistry, so i really didn't knew what i was doing. I understand now that it was because i didn't have the proper pH, but then i didn't even realize that pH was part of the code, i just thought i was overheating it. I genuinely was just curious how to make shit in chem, and what other way to start learning that making illegal drugs?

I also remember accidentally blowing up chem once because i forgot that the reaction chamber doesnt turn off automatically.
Geatish

Post by Geatish » #685314

vect0r wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:05 pm They will reply when requested, but they have lives outside of tg, and some other thing inside. They also might disagree and debate on the banitself. Just give it some time, and have a break. Playing for 10 hours a day isn’t always healthy. Good luck!
I understand that it might take some time, but i asked for the headmins take on the 28th. I thought theyed be a bit faster, since its more than one headmin right?

also 144 hours divided by 36 days is 4 hours :)
Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #685385

Alright, considering the headmin machine gears are working really slow, I will give you second chance. Please remember that while second chances do happen, third ones are extremely rare. You spent a bit less than a month banned, so lets call it time served.