[SightID2] Pom Yun-Song - Requesting further alteration to antagonist ban.

Appeals which have been closed.
Stiix
Byond Username: Stiix

[SightID2] Pom Yun-Song - Requesting further alteration to antagonist ban.

Post by Stiix » #683536

BYOND account: Stiix
Character name: Pom Yun-Song
Ban type: Antag Ban, Partial
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard permanently - Plasma flooded as a heretic with the excuse that they thought the Ai was malf and hoped to capitalize off of it. A murderbone antag existing doesn't permit you to do so yourself. Was cooperative in ahelps, feel free to appeal at anytime you feel you've improved your self control.
Time ban was placed: 2022-12-27 04:01:58
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 197086
Your side of the story: I was permanently antag banned, appealed it to have it adjusted to allow the more volatile antagonists with less structure. I believe my self-control has improved to the point where I would like to trial a total antag unban. Please see the "Anything else we should know" section for more on why.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been working on improving my self-control. I'm at a point where I think I could do fairly well on playing antagonists within the confines of what's allowed.
Anything else we should know: When a role is offered, such as an AI player wanting to ghost and requesting their character be offered up, you can try for the role, regardless of ban status. I just finished playing a round where I accepted a cultist clown role. I believe I did fairly well about not giving away the cult early. To be frank, I find it difficult to gauge "level of self-control". How do you quantify something like that? But uh, I've been changing some stuff in my life that, as an added effect, makes it easier to employ self-control. If it's alright with you, I'd like to try an unban on antag, or the following antagonists. (Nuclear operative, abductor, nuclear assailant, revenant, cultist, space ninja, and heretic.)

Previous thread regarding the antag ban:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33315
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: [SightID2] Pom Yun-Song - Requesting further alteration to antagonist ban.

Post by Sightld2 » #683545

Yeah I got no issue lifting this. It's been so long they actually went and re-wrote the MRP rules since you've been banned. To be honest I don't personally care about cultists outing themselves, that happens sometimes and as long as its not malicious or intentionally self-destructive, I see no problem. As far as gauging self-control, yeah I don't think that can exactly be quantified, but in short, I'd just expect that you won't be toeing the line in the future. Anyhow I'll lift this as soon as I'm able.

Stiix
Byond Username: Stiix

Post by Stiix » #683548

Much appreciated, and thank you for working with me on this. Have a lovely day.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #683552

Let me know if you have any trouble. The unbanning panel is an ancient and recalcitrant.