Diax1324
Byond Username: DIAX12

DIAX12 Character editor ban

Post by Diax1324 » #685330

BYOND account: DIAX12
Character name: Dorcus Hore, probably
Ban type: Character editor
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Appearance permanently - Has been asked multiple times (3 times) to change name from Dorkus Hore. Issuing ban after 4th occurance.
Time ban was placed: 2022-11-08 01:38:15
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 193920
Your side of the story: I had legitimately forgotten each time that I needed to change my name when warnings were issued. I would enter the game, and usually realize pretty quickly that I had kept the name when the admins contacted me. This was the last time. I wasn't intending to cause problems with the name, I just couldn't remember to change it. The argument that led to the permanent server ban was when I was drunk and irritated at being banned from changing my appearance, and had the HOP change my name to "Doarcus Hore".
Why you think you should be unbanned: I just want to play the game. I'm recovering from alcoholism and I don't intend to be Dorcus Hore any longer.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: DIAX12 Character editor ban

Post by Vekter » #685367

Banning admin was Delaron, they have been notified.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #685440

Works for me. Ban lifted.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #685468

Just FYI you can change your character name midgame via Open Character Preferences (might just be game now). It obviously wont change the character you're currently playing but it saves you from running into the scenario that you ended up copping a ban for because you can in fact do it then and there.

Admins would benefit from letting people know this is a possibility if they arent already its rly helpful in these scenarios.