[Fikou] FreshestSoup - Banned without reason for harmless roleplay

Post by FreshestSoup » #688117

BYOND account: FreshestSoup
Character name: William Dornan
Ban type: Server/Role(s) banned from server
Ban length: 24 hours maybe a day
Ban reason: Emoted "William Dornan farts and then poops."
Time ban was placed: 2023-5-31
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil <-- this one /Terry/Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 207244
Your side of the story: I just got finished saving a lizard from medbay (I am an egalitarian) after beepsky stunned him, and as I was uncuffing mr. lizard he looked at me and emoted something like "(Lizard) farts". Because of this, I thought it would only be respectful to respond in kind and even possibly impress him, when I typed in "Farts and then poops." Afterwards I started going to cargo to make a chainsaw because it would be cool to have one and then I got ahelped by Fikou and was asked (PARAPHRASING) "what (I) meant by (farting and then pooping)". I was only able to respond with a single sentence before being stricken with a ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I used to be a toolbox tourney champion this is kind of fucked up to do a veteran. Also for the record, I was never explicitly told what my ban reason was other than just a copypaste of my emote, which was not inherently sexual in any nature whatsoever, if this has anything to do with Rule 8. Goon has farting and pooping and they're way more uptight about this type of stuff so I don't see what the problem is. Furthermore, I won the toolbox tourney one time, I'm like a veteran in terms of tg station. Regardless as to whether or not this ban is upheld, I think it should at least be reworded to accurately reflect Fikou's emotions/state of mind at time of placing the ban due to the absurd nature of it that doesn't have any true merit or grounds for a ban in the first place; one would infer it is "insane" or perhaps "bonkers" to ban someone like me for something like this. At least one that isn't explained at all. Ultimately, this is not a respectful way to treat a previous toolbox tourney champion on tg (effectively a veteran in this context) by placing a ban for performing simple roleplay that doesn't break any rules.
References of good conduct: https://www.123test.com/iq-test/id=EATU ... F&version=
Anything else we should know: Image this was the extent of the interaction I had with Fikou before I got banned. also Fikou if you're reading this I really like modsuits btw.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: [Fikou] FreshestSoup - Banned without reason for harmless roleplay

Post by Fikou » #688204

Hello, thanks for appealing!
I apologize for the very quick jump to a ban in the ticket, was quite tired and a joke response (to a not that serious opening message) was enough for me. I should have explained more why this wasn't okay.
Veteran or not, emoting farts and especially pooping is not something that we want on our servers (as a sidenote, goon does not have shitting, they removed it ages ago, and even then, we don't really care what goon allows)
I don't think this is really a rule 8 thing (even if you haven't intended it sexually at all, it still comes off as weird, but rule 8 is more about eroticism/creepyness), but more it's very NRP and goes over rule 3, your spaceman all of a sudden shitting themselves in the public is not simple roleplay.
As a precedent, this upheld ban and (one of the current) headmin's response to similar emotes viewtopic.php?p=645468#p645468 demonstrates that we very much don't want toilet humor here.
I hope that explains everything. The note is factual and I don't believe it requires any changes now that you know why it's not okay.
You can be unbanned if you agree to not emote pooping ever again.

@edit: some requested clarification
Last edited by Fikou on Wed May 31, 2023 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreshestSoup
Byond Username: FreshestSoup

Post by FreshestSoup » #688207

i will never poop again
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #688208

that works for me have a nice day
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #688448

Fikou just forced a spaceman to completely omit all fiber from their diet.

It is now official SS13 canon, spacemen have evolved beyond the need to emit waste products from their body. We just recycle it all internally.

Individual opinion time: Shitting, sharting and farting is an RP race to the bottom (hehehe). Not that toilet humour can't be funny. It often is. But poorly done toilet humour is often a perfectly overlapping circle with NRP on the Venn Diagram of SS13 actions, and if done in a puerile enough way can even have people questioning if you're actually over 18.

So Timber's Top Tip: Be smart about when you shit, shart and fart.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin