[ Trexter555 ]Helios12345-Ban reduction for misunderstanding

Appeals which have been closed.
Helios41234

[ Trexter555 ]Helios12345-Ban reduction for misunderstanding

Post by Helios41234 » #689095

BYOND account:Helios12345
Character name:John Faith
Ban type:Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard
Ban length: 1 month
Ban reason: Suicided into the SM roundstart before it was setup and disconnected, only four days after your last note for the exact same thing, so I'm applying a month antag-ban.
Time ban was placed:2023-06-06 14:58:09
Server you were playing on when banned:Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed:Round 207711

Your side of the story:I was going to disconnect from the server but decided to help enginnering by sacrificing myself to sm (I think i even say it in the logs)I didn't know that this kickstarted the sm,i just thought my body would create miasma which somone told me was helpful to the sm,The last round i suicided into sm cooling was being set up as i went in however in the original note i was mad at a new engie for immideatly wrenching N2 and opening the valves,which is why i suicided

Why you think you should be unbanned:I did not see the note telling me to stop as i didnt check my admin remarks because i didnt get bwoinked the round before and i thought me sacrificing myself was a beneficial thing that helped sm.I was
not antag rolling and was geniunely confused(hence why i didn't just disconnect after the round started) I can understanding not wanting to remove the ban,i just want it shortened

References of good conduct:Didnt get bwoinked for 4 months,trying to keep up good behaviour

Anything else we should know:I just started to learn engineering
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Re: [ Trexter555 ]Helios12345-Ban reduction for misunderstanding

Post by trexter555 » #689110

hi, thanks for the appeal

yeah there's a notification you get if you get a note while not connected and rejoin, but it can be hard to notice. as you definitely now know, suiciding into the sm is not good for multiple reasons, so i'll reduce this to a week antag ban.
Helios41234

Post by Helios41234 » #689123

Alright,Thank you!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #689265

Context: Early suicides are usually considered a form of antag rolling, which is why the antag ban was placed.

If you don't intend to play in a shift, please don't join the shift in the first place!

If you DO join a shift and have to leave immediately, you can cover your ass by ahelping before you go and explaining what's up. No need to wait for a reply after you do this. Very often the admin team are happy to just be kept in the loop and will usually only chase up people that vanish shiftstart under mysterious circumstances.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin