[Sticky]Banbaited(Dayban appeal, quick response requested)

Appeals which have been closed.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

[Sticky]Banbaited(Dayban appeal, quick response requested)

Post by rdght91 » #85210

Byond account and character name:Roadhog1/Jaye Day
Banning admin: Stickymayhem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Everything
Ban reason and length: Day for killing as non-antag offier
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1500 EST
Your side of the story:The round was hetic, the brig was chaotic and the person I killed was a geneticst for 1. Refused to allow me to clone the captain, 2. tried to monkey me when I did so, 3. ignored several warnings even after I let him free after the first time (I did stab him with his own DNA pen, but he got re-humaned), 4. incited a riot in medbay and got me and the rest of sec attacked in a round where the station and sec was flooded with plasma.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
He more than qualified for greytide, I made it clear that I wanted to de-escalate IC and OOC and just clone the captain and he attacked me. I admit I should not have spaced him, but I asked an admin prior to spacing him who said "yes" which I'm not sure what they meant by "yes" because they banned me for killing him. His behavior, monkeying me (if he was successful, I doubt he would have made me human again) and inciting a riot against security for trying to revive someone qualifies as greytide. There was no permabrig at this point in the round and the main security area was a plasma/hole mess so spacing him or letting him free were basically my choices. In the future I'll make sure I'll ask more clear questions about that sort of thing but I feel like this stuff right here is what is making security unfun and impossible to play.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Re: [Sticky]Banbaited(Dayban appeal, quick response requeste

Post by whodaloo » #85224

I got killed halfway through this round and I observed said event, as a ghost. When the officer in question showed up outside genetics there were four other corpses sitting outside the cloning room with the two geneticists at their consoles actively DOING genetics. The officer in question broke a window to get in and was accosted by one of the geneticists, who tried to monkey the officer. The officer stunned and monkeyed the geneticist, who got a human SE from his partner and came after the officer again. When said geneticist came after Jaye for a second time, Jaye stunned, cuffed him, dragged him to perma, and put him in a straightjacket and a ballgag. I stopped watching after that, but I think gagging and jacketing someone is more than fair, and there wasn't any point in spacing them, especially since the area you pulled the straightjacket from was not exposed to space.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85233

I would have just demoted him had it been a more stable round but when I got the admin response "yes" I was like, "well gee, that solves that problem" and I needed to get back to genetics quickly to stop the former captain from going on a killing spree once he came back to life so there was a time and resource crunch I was dealing with. However, security wing was so fucked that putting someone there might as well be a death sentance anyway and this way I don't have to worry about him coming back and killing us, because, after all, his friend is going to clone him right away if the body turns back up. At this point, he had already passed up multiple opportunities to show me he wasn't going to try to get me killed. Also, I thought we had pretty clear policy about people yelling "SEC ROUGE" while greytiding?
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85320

My ban should have expired- but I can't connect as of now still.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #85321

Don't quote me on this, but aren't the expired bans purged only at the beginning of a new round?

(if I'm wrong I'll delete muh misinformation)
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #85324

Wouldn't have thought so, otherwise end of round 15 minute ic in ooc/shuttle griff bans would last a lot longer
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85326

Nope, still banned.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #85328

Manually unbanned, since the duration was up anyway, and that seemed to fix it. The note and ban history are still in effect though until decided on from sticky/other headmins.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85330

I'd like to appeal this for the sake of the history/notes.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #85371

I'm personally denying this, as regardless of whether the geneticist ends up punished in the request, I maintain this ban was entirely justified.

I'll ask MSO or another headmin to give their verdict on this rather than lock it now since it's controversial.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85374

Yes, I think we need a second opinion.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #85418

I've discussed this with MSO and hbl and the matter is resolved. Your ban stays and the geneticist got a weekban from genetics.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #85424

Even if you're not going to unban the guy, could you please tell us the proper procedure to take when the brig is destroyed and you have a violent prisoner?
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85426

Stickymayhem wrote:I've discussed this with MSO and hbl and the matter is resolved. Your ban stays and the geneticist got a weekban from genetics.
It is absolutely not resolved. I asked you if I could take an action because I was unsure, you said "yes" and then punished me for said action.

Seriously. Lets ignore everything else. You said yes. It's that fucking simple. I asked you for permission, and you gave it, then punished me after the fact.

That's ignoring the whole other issue that I have yet to see one person here say that my line of thinking was unreasonable during this whole process.

Guess the moral of the story is don't play security, ever.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #85440

Sticky, can we get some context here? If it's as he says, this sounds like an unwarranted ban.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #85759

Stickymayhem wrote:I've discussed this with MSO and hbl and the matter is resolved. Your ban stays and the geneticist got a weekban from genetics.
Neither of these are headmins, hbl is totally irrelevant here.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Okay so you still broke a rule when you disobeyed the HoS when he said don't kill the dude. I hate this rule but there is nothing to be done, if the rule is ever revoked make a ban appeal.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me