[Blacklisted] TheTerbs

Appeals which have been closed.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

[Blacklisted] TheTerbs

Post by Timbrewolf » #90072

I'm going to break form for this appeal since I'm making it on someone else's behalf, and also because the circumstances for which Terbs is blacklisted are so ancient they're mostly irrelevant.

If I were to put who actually banned him in the topic and header it wouldn't matter, because they were just the person adding or re-adding his name to a list, not the person whom he offended or was caught misbehaving by.

There are a few reasons why Terbs should be unbanned and they're simple so I'll be brief:

1) Anyone Terbs offended to get permabanned and blacklisted for offending in the first place are long gone. I challenge anyone here in the playerbase or administration to actually explain what it was he was permabanned and blacklisted for in the first place. I don't know which helps the case more, that most people don't even know or weren't here to remember or that the actual circumstances are so dumb. Everything people would hold against him still is stuff from the forums and communication outside of the game resulting from frustration over being banned and his bizarre (sometimes potentially hilarious) attempts to be unbanned.

2) Terbs has had chances to play again on the server and he's either been completely incognito and within the rules or celebrated and tons of fun as on April Fools Day. His ability to play the game in a fun way with other players has been established.

3) I don't like comparing players to other players in terms of merit but I would rather have Terbs' sense of humor on the server than people's frustrated powergame-y bullshit. We've let a lot of other people slide for far worse things and given second chances to people with much more destructive and selfish attitudes.

4) Just look at this face don't you want to smoosh it come on Terbs was likely the inspiration for why we have pugs as a spawnable pet

Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: [Blacklisted] TheTerbs

Post by Bluespace » #90075

Due to no admin being assigned to this appeal, I will take care of it.
I will discuss with the other admins and render a verdict.
I play Boris Pepper.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #90080

An0n3 wrote:1) Anyone Terbs offended to get permabanned and blacklisted for offending in the first place are long gone. I challenge anyone here in the playerbase or administration to actually explain what it was he was permabanned and blacklisted for in the first place. I don't know which helps the case more, that most people don't even know or weren't here to remember or that the actual circumstances are so dumb. Everything people would hold against him still is stuff from the forums and communication outside of the game resulting from frustration over being banned and his bizarre (sometimes potentially hilarious) attempts to be unbanned.
Nice try. I was one of the complainers the last time around. He was permabanned the most recent time for breaking probation by running around with a fire axe breaking all the windows to space by the bridge, depressurizing the main hallway, for no reason except to grief. Unbanning because of le dank maymays is one (shitty) thing, but this is the sort of player we are dealing with.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90081

Surely you adminhelped because you were forcefully spaced or were trapped in that area by him when he did it, right?

And not because you just saw someone vandalizing the station and jumped over all of security and space law to go straight to the admins.

Permabanning someone for breaking a bunch of windows and tossing a bunch of people out of it or trapping them in there to die makes perfect sense. If he did that I must've somehow missed it.

But permabanning someone for breaking some windows once? Probation or not this would've happened back when space wasn't as robust and atmos went slow as molasses. If you weren't actively killed by him in this situation it's your own fault for dying.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Sat May 23, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #90082

Bluespace wrote:Due to no admin being assigned to this appeal, I will take care of it.
Terbs is on the blacklist and deamon banned, so either way this appeal will have to go thru me.

On that note: terbs coming off of the black list i'm kinda iffy about. He has mutiple times encouraged and egged somebody on who had talked about wanting to commit suicide, even did it again not too long ago on singulo's /b/.

We don't need that here. Not especially after certain recent events.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90084

MrStonedOne wrote: On that note: terbs coming off of the black list i'm kinda iffy about. He has mutiple times encouraged and egged somebody on who had talked about wanting to commit suicide
He wasn't involved with the recent incident. He's actually a pretty empathic person if you get to know him...and that's kind of where this problem comes from. If you make it known that it's a major term of his probation to NOT DO THAT I think he'd get the picture.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90085

Not sure if this counts under the Anon3 amendment, but i used to play on Sibyl a lot when i first came to SS13, and all my memories of Terbs were of him doing silly shit and making me laugh. This is extremely anecdotal but having him around again on april fools was also good fun. Free Terbs.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #90088

Yeah, I'm still around too, He was on mega double secret ultra probation from the swastika at the time, Not to mention repeatedly spawning 6+ page appeals where any dissent was met with either gifs of puking asian women, or go die fat neckbearded apnea pedo fuck.

I'm paraphrasing of course, you get my point.
He's destructive, tumor ridden cancer.

But if he's not got a stick up his ass over something. he's actually pretty funny, so... less 2beard more super aggro crag.
We've let worse slide for longer, But that's probably why terbs got got, all the lessons someone like 2beard could teach were learned by the time terbs started fucking around.

I'm speaking as one of the few character witnesses still on the server at all, I say give him the chance to show off his merit, Merit which I honestly believe he does have, He CAN be an asset, He can be very amusing. At least as entertaining as he can be infuriating. His ron burgundy shenanigans being a good indicator.

I've been recently warned about posting in appeals that I'm not involved in, but I'm not anticipating a surplus in character witnesses that have any experience to go on, and he's decent enough and played long enough for me to feel it's worth a shot to speak on his behalf, especially since he can't speak himself.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #90101

I recall him encouraging a suicidal member of the community to kill himself recently, before he was finally permabanned from the forums.

I do not feel comfortable having him unbanned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #90102

Recently? I'm 90% sure terbs has been blacklisted from the forums and server since before I even started playing here, which was almost a year ago.

I don't think there's anything wrong with putting him on probation - He fucks up, he's out. Probation is not flawed and has worked decently for some pretty seriously question players (See: Icepacks)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #90106

this is beardbeard all over again
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #90110

Scones wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with putting him on probation - He fucks up, he's out. Probation is not flawed and has worked decently for some pretty seriously question players (See: Icepacks)
Hasnt he been on probation multiple times already? If he hasnt already learned, then he is never going to. At this point asking to unban him has become some silly meme. Not something that should be taken seriously. If he is going to be unbanned, it should be from showing he has changed and that he is capable of not being a shitter. Not because a bunch of singulo circlejerkers spout may mays.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #90144

oranges wrote:this is beardbeard all over again
lmao

Actually, 2beard got perma'd from lifeweb as well l m a o
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #90146

I don't even remember him in game, but on the forums he basically shit posted - a lot. Mainly in his own appeals and stuff.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #90151

tedward1337 wrote:
lmao

Actually, 2beard got perma'd from lifeweb as well l m a o
This isnt the thread to talk about these things, but he just posted the IP of the second lifeweb server. All the actual metafriend elitist shitposters got butthurt about it so Randy blacklisted him. It was pretty funny considering the elitist people in that community treat everyone who isnt part of the secret club like shit, yet they got so salty over one guy posting an IP.

But again, not the place to be discussing it.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #90155

I challenge anyone here in the playerbase or administration to actually explain what it was he was permabanned and blacklisted for in the first place.
Shitposting harder than Tonto on the forums using multiple accounts. What do I win?

Also I'd say uban him but there is almost no way he'd last very long, the rules are a lot stricter now. I doubt he'd even have much fun.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90158

"He can be an asshole, he shitposts a lot, but he's fun to play with" describes Terbs? If that's even true that's great news.

Most people only achieve the first two, and they're still allowed to play.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #90161

Aside from him whining about how much his life on Singulo, the last time I saw him was when he decided to make a "ban appeal" and by ban appeal I mean he literally posted a picture of his balls with "fuck you" written on them with a sharpy. As far as playing goes, I can't say playing with him was too much fun. I had three rounds in a row with him once. First round he decided to be a greytiding shit bag and space the armory because a borg had accidentally harmbatoned someone once. Second round, while I was in line at the cloner he waltzed in, stripped my corpse, took my PDA and ID, and waltzed off. Also left my corpse naked and considering this was back before it let you know if corpses were braindead or not, I would have been fucked if an admin hadn't sent a whisper to someone telling them they should try cloning my body. Third time he went on a killing spree as a traitor with a cloaking device, esword, and ebow. You know, the combination people went with when they basically just wanted god mode so they could ruin everyone else's fun by making themselves invincible to anyone who wasn't wearing thermals or just stupidly lucky with lethal projectiles.
Yeah, aside from the first thing, none of these are bannable I know but considering they were all back to back well... you can see how that wouldn't really be a particularly enjoyable person to play with.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90168

If I banned everyone who robbed my corpse of items instead of dragging it to be cloned nobody would be allowed to play here. It's neither against the rules nor is that an uncommon occurrence. You should be grateful anyone is bothering to get you cloned in the first place. Your corpse isn't using that stuff anyway.

Also I maybe incorrect in remembering it but I think someone dared him to post pictures of his dick and he rose to the challenge (see what I did there?).
bandit

Post by bandit » #90176

An0n3 wrote:Surely you adminhelped because you were forcefully spaced or were trapped in that area by him when he did it, right?

And not because you just saw someone vandalizing the station and jumped over all of security and space law to go straight to the admins.

Permabanning someone for breaking a bunch of windows and tossing a bunch of people out of it or trapping them in there to die makes perfect sense. If he did that I must've somehow missed it.

But permabanning someone for breaking some windows once? Probation or not this would've happened back when space wasn't as robust and atmos went slow as molasses. If you weren't actively killed by him in this situation it's your own fault for dying.
Breaking literally all the windows to space -- and to shocked grilles, I forgot that part -- in a heavily trafficked area of the station goes beyond simple vandalism, it's outright grief done for no reason but to grief. But that isn't really the point. The point is he did this while he was on probation, when he had already been warned to be on his best behavior. This was his best behavior. I don't see how people offering him another probation will result in anything different. We've been down this road before, we all know where it ends. (Plus the comments already made about suicide, history of griff, etc.)
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #90182

MrStonedOne wrote:
Bluespace wrote:Due to no admin being assigned to this appeal, I will take care of it.
Terbs is on the blacklist and deamon banned, so either way this appeal will have to go thru me.

On that note: terbs coming off of the black list i'm kinda iffy about. He has mutiple times encouraged and egged somebody on who had talked about wanting to commit suicide, even did it again not too long ago on singulo's /b/.

We don't need that here. Not especially after certain recent events.
But MSO /tg/station13 is crowdfunded now, the headmins have the final say :^)
I don't remember Terbs trying to deliberately tear the place apart at every opportunity.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #90185

This probably won't amount to a think, but on the off chance the staff here is willing to allow them back, he should have the chance to come here and do it himself.
We've been moving in an okay direction, let's keep moving there.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90187

Postby wexler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:32 am
Looking over the admin appeal I did misspeak and say "to space" when it was really "broke all the brig windows, exposing electrified grilles" (plus being a general comdom the whole round. I did not know it was your character, apparently your character was new.
Link Nope, Not to space.
And not all the windows, you made that same mistake last time too.

And from what I can tell, he broke 2 or so on bridge, and a few in the brig.
Not really all that bad, if not for the probation of course.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90193

bandit wrote:-snip-
I'm hearing conflicting reports from a couple people about what was actually busted?

You opened with "exposing areas to space" which sucks, it creates a big hazard throughout a whole area.
But multiple people are saying it was only smashing a couple windows to expose some shocked grilles.
Which are only a hazard if you run directly into them or are thrown into them.

I agree that this isn't exactly sterling behavior but it's not something anyone would typically ban for unless

1) Said person is then grabbing people and throwing them into the grilles, or lubing up the halls leading to them
2) Said person is doing this round after round after round

And in this case Terbs neither murdered anyone nor was he even around long enough to exhibit any kind of repeat behavior. He did something any asshole assistant screaming FREE THE CLOWN would do for fun and nobody would bat an eye at.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90230

Didn't he only get probationed for making a swastika?

He's a massive shitlord but he's also funny, so that means he's already better than ~half the community
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #90231

Why is this even being humored? Terbs didn't say he wanted an appeal on the singulo thread, he basically ignored it. If terbs doesn't give enough of a shit to even post on the singulo thread before this was made then it's pretty obvious Anon is just doing this to fuck with people and see if he can.
Egg on my face, he agreed. Point still stands.

I don't even care if Terbs is unbanned but shit, stop humoring the people who throw hissyfits while screaming about how they're leaving forever and then come back just to try to interfere with shit.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #90240

The idea of terbs is great but literally everyone here knows he's just going to get re-permabanned, and I'm not really supportive of the constant second chances people get. As I've said in multiple permaban appeals before: We are under no obligation to let shitters play the game. I find him just as funny a community figure as the next guy, but in practice he's going to get banned again. The forums are not completely representative of the community, and those who actually play the game will likely get sick of him again.

That said, I wasn't around when terbs was so I don't know. It seems his permaban was for doing the same thing repeatedly after warnings and bans: smashing up the brig. If someone just refuses to learn we really have no choice but to let the behaviour continue or permaban them.

This already puts me in the mindset to refuse, but add his pretty appalling conduct on the forums and singulo in relation to what Vekter mentioned, and his own instability, I genuinely believe it would be best for terbs to not to fall back into SS13.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #90242

Since I haven't seen this brought up at any place in the thread and actually just learned about it myself like, late yesterday, I think it's also important to bring up that Terbs encouraged somebody in our community who was suicidal to kill themselves multiple times, right? Like, that was a thing? I don't even mean 'kill urself :)' epic edge but an actual person who was already contemplating it.
RIP
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90245

Hibbles wrote:Since I haven't seen this brought up at any place in the thread
Did you read it? because it's been discussed at length. By four people. In the thread, and quoted throughout.

Anyways Personally I'm in favor of discouraging suicidal talk in a forum filled with people the least qualified to help, in forums for a toolbox face crash simulator.
Not blaming the victim of being abused for talking about it, just saying it'd be nice if instead of adding protection to them, it was just something we didn't have to deal with as a forum rule.
Maybe delete them, and send a sanitized standardized PM asking them not to discuss such things, and encouraging them to seek counceling in their local area.
We're just not prepared to handle it. and honestly shouldn't be expected to.

But in regards to the terbs, We've permabanned over it in the past, He knows that, If he can't abide by basic human decency of not kicking someone when they are too unstable to handle it, I'm sure steps can be taken, I for one believe he can be trusted with the responsibility of not sperging out and breaking that particular rule, Which at the time wasn't such a hot button issue, and didn't spawn the kind of shitstorm as the more recent incident. And as nobody can recall ANY real specifics, it must not have been all that dramatic. Considering nobody seems to have amnesia about windows and swastikas
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90249

Hibbles wrote:Since I haven't seen this brought up at any place in the thread and actually just learned about it myself like, late yesterday, I think it's also important to bring up that Terbs encouraged somebody in our community who was suicidal to kill themselves multiple times, right? Like, that was a thing? I don't even mean 'kill urself :)' epic edge but an actual person who was already contemplating it.
He knows better now. Before the recent incident I don't think it's fair to say anyone would take any of this seriously. The only people we've held this stuff against were people who continued to say things like this after it happened.
Stickymayhem wrote:The idea of terbs is great but literally everyone here knows he's just going to get re-permabanned, and I'm not really supportive of the constant second chances people get. As I've said in multiple permaban appeals before: We are under no obligation to let shitters play the game. I find him just as funny a community figure as the next guy, but in practice he's going to get banned again. The forums are not completely representative of the community, and those who actually play the game will likely get sick of him again.

That said, I wasn't around when terbs was so I don't know. It seems his permaban was for doing the same thing repeatedly after warnings and bans: smashing up the brig. If someone just refuses to learn we really have no choice but to let the behaviour continue or permaban them.

This already puts me in the mindset to refuse, but add his pretty appalling conduct on the forums and singulo in relation to what Vekter mentioned, and his own instability, I genuinely believe it would be best for terbs to not to fall back into SS13.
He was banned for using paint buckets to draw a swastika in the church.

Considering how many anti-lizard race war events we have these days it's incredibly hypocritical to point the finger at him for this and says he's a shitty player and doesn't deserve another chance.

I can't figure how you can conclude he will get re-perma'd when nothing he does is something that would normally be considered a bannable offence. It's shit that could/should be handled ICly.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #90252

Didn't he already have multiple chances in the past to prove himself as a respectable and good player, only for him to fail?

It makes little difference if his probation period was weeks ago or years ago. He still failed. This situation is the almost equivalent of wanting to parole a individual who was jailed for life because his crimes 'were years ago' and 'who even remembers them'.

Also is terbs banned from posting on the forums or can he not post in his own ban appeal. The fact that someone else had to make his own ban appeal, and his apparent lack of interest in wanting to be unbanned, makes this whole argument very weak if the person in question does not even care enough to talk the issue.

If terbs wants to be unbanned, let him speak his case. Otherwise this is a forced issue.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #90257

Vekter wrote:I recall him encouraging a suicidal member of the community to kill himself recently, before he was finally permabanned from the forums.
that was paprika
bandit

Post by bandit » #90258

Falamazeer wrote:Postby wexler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:32 am
Looking over the admin appeal I did misspeak and say "to space" when it was really "broke all the brig windows, exposing electrified grilles" (plus being a general comdom the whole round. I did not know it was your character, apparently your character was new.
Link Nope, Not to space.

I misremembered the fine details of an event from almost two years ago that I had already misremembered two years ago. Literally Hitler. The point is, there is no reason to run around as non-antag with a fire axe breaking some of the most dangerous windows you can possibly break on the station, particularly when you're already on probation. Painting a swastika is one thing, but this actually has the potential to fuck with people's rounds for basically no reason.

Also the suicide thing wasn't just paprika
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #90260

Just unban them and see what happens
Worst case, they get perma'd again lmao
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #90261

Ricotez wrote:
Vekter wrote:I recall him encouraging a suicidal member of the community to kill himself recently, before he was finally permabanned from the forums.
that was paprika
nope.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #90269

Kor wrote:
I challenge anyone here in the playerbase or administration to actually explain what it was he was permabanned and blacklisted for in the first place.
Shitposting harder than Tonto on the forums using multiple accounts. What do I win?

Also I'd say uban him but there is almost no way he'd last very long, the rules are a lot stricter now. I doubt he'd even have much fun.
true

the initial ban is stupid, we let people get away with nazi references and give no shits
this should not be an exception
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90273

bandit wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:Postby wexler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:32 am
Link Nope, Not to space.

I misremembered the fine details of an event from almost two years ago that I had already misremembered two years ago. Literally Hitler. The point is, there is no reason to run around as non-antag with a fire axe breaking some of the most dangerous windows you can possibly break on the station, particularly when you're already on probation. Painting a swastika is one thing, but this actually has the potential to fuck with people's rounds for basically no reason.

Also the suicide thing wasn't just paprika
You keep saying your opinion that he deserved to be banned for breaking windows but the truth of it is that what he did in this instance wasn't a violation of served rules.

Do I need to keep rephrasing it?

Breaking windows FNR, random acts of vandalism, etc. Is only a violation of the rules if you do it repeatedly every round.

Nobody is claiming they were injured by this, intentionally or not. So if no harm was even done and no rules broken why do you keep crying foul?
bandit

Post by bandit » #90278

Once again, you are missing the context. It is not an isolated incident. It cannot be judged as an isolated incident. Rather, it is the latest in a pattern of grief and shit behavior that several people in this thread have corroborated and that helped lead to the probation in the first place. The server rules that apply are 1 and probably 0.

Furthermore, it is exactly the kind of shitty line-toeing behavior that you crusade against and bragged about having crusaded against on almost every other occasion but this. Seriously, when you were headmin almost every other post you made was about banning shitters from the server for good. And I don't see a single argument in favor of unbanning him except that he has produced some le epic maymays and that he blended in with April Fool's Day.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90279

Even if it was, do you really feel justified in shitting on his attempt to return two years and some change later?
If so, That's pretty petty.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90280

bandit wrote:Once again, you are missing the context. It is not an isolated incident. It cannot be judged as an isolated incident. Rather, it is the latest in a pattern of grief and shit behavior that several people in this thread have corroborated and that helped lead to the probation in the first place. The server rules that apply are 1 and probably 0.

Furthermore, it is exactly the kind of shitty line-toeing behavior that you crusade against and bragged about having crusaded against on almost every other occasion but this. Seriously, when you were headmin almost every other post you made was about banning shitters from the server for good. And I don't see a single argument in favor of unbanning him except that he has produced some le epic maymays and that he blended in with April Fool's Day.
And which An0n3 did you prefer? It seems you don't really care for either. I did dunk a lot of shitters and they've stayed dunked. I continue to dunk shitters from beyond the grave, even.
Terbs is not a shitter.

Terbs is a nut. People enjoy playing with him exactly because he's off kilter. He was banned for dumb reasons back when and if he had a do over with the present administration I dont think it would happen again.
This is what second chances are all about.

If he's around people might have more fun. If he's around and he fucks up again he gets banned again. It's a far cry from the end of the world and spessmens as we know it. Unlike certain other folks who are permabanned and I would not argue for I think he is genuinely trying to make things more fun for himself and everyone else. There are folks who are shit, players who only want to make fun for themselves especially if it upsets someone else or ruins someone else's game.

Terbs isn't that kind of player, plain and simple.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #90285

An0n3 this appeal is going to be about his OOC conduct and not his IC stuff. The swastika ban was ludicrous sure, and I know you are going all lawyer because it's fun and everything, but can you really say his presence would benefit the community? The kind of shit he does, and has done, is pretty appalling.

His encouragement can in no way be passed off as a joke. That was an unstable person potentially influencing another unstable person in a horrendously misguided and even sadistic way.

I'd rather pull us back from the kind of attitude that suggests actions like these are ok. I'd have no problem with terbs being back in the game if that IC conduct was all he was, but it's worse than that.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #90286

So, within the past week, a thread popped up on singulo /b/ that turned into another suicide thread. Terbs was in that thread, offering advice on methods, until oranges blackholed it. I'm with Vekter. Stay banned. Since the thread was deleted, I dunno how I could provide evidence, but maybe Oranges could confirm? He was namefagging as Terbs in the thread.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90287

I logged back in just to laugh at an0n3
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90289

Stickymayhem wrote:An0n3 this appeal is going to be about his OOC conduct and not his IC stuff. The swastika ban was ludicrous sure, and I know you are going all lawyer because it's fun and everything, but can you really say his presence would benefit the community? The kind of shit he does, and has done, is pretty appalling.

His encouragement can in no way be passed off as a joke. That was an unstable person potentially influencing another unstable person in a horrendously misguided and even sadistic way.

I'd rather pull us back from the kind of attitude that suggests actions like these are ok. I'd have no problem with terbs being back in the game if that IC conduct was all he was, but it's worse than that.
You guys have the power to create terms like that. If you think it's that bad you can remove his ability to talk in OOC or enforce some kind of retribution for being negative.
Bob Dobbington wrote:So, within the past week, a thread popped up on singulo /b/ that turned into another suicide thread. Terbs was in that thread, offering advice on methods, until oranges blackholed it. I'm with Vekter. Stay banned. Since the thread was deleted, I dunno how I could provide evidence, but maybe Oranges could confirm? He was namefagging as Terbs in the thread.
You went out of your way to track down an example of him being depressed just to use it against him. From the same subforum of singulo that's most popular thread is "Time for Anime Pornography" featuring a picture of Horo covered in jizz. Are you saying he's not allowed to feel bad or talk about it with other people now? You're trying to use shit he posted on /b/ as serious evidence against him. I'm sure if we dug through everything you've ever posted on the internet I could come up with some reasons why you're a pretty shitty person too. I guess we need to get information from Oranges and find out who posted all that porn on /b/ as well because that's not allowed on the server either.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #90290

Bob Dobbington wrote:So, within the past week, a thread popped up on singulo /b/ that turned into another suicide thread. Terbs was in that thread, offering advice on methods, until oranges blackholed it. I'm with Vekter. Stay banned. Since the thread was deleted, I dunno how I could provide evidence, but maybe Oranges could confirm? He was namefagging as Terbs in the thread.
I read that. He told the guy he could slit his wrists painfully by freezing them beforehand. It was unclear whether he was giving him the advice to help him find peace, or because he liked the feeling of having that sort of power over other people. He doesn't seem like that sort of person though.

Only posting this because An0n3's description of it is just wrong.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #90291

Encouraging suicide = Posting Pornography
This is a poor attempt at attention, please stop.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #90292

The kid encouraged someone else to FUCKING KILL HIMSELF.

I'd be fine with him being unbanned on the server, but keep him forum banned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90293

THIS JUST IN

TOP SCIENTISTS DISCOVER IF YOU ROOT AROUND IN THE DUMPSTER YOU FIND GARBAGE
MORE AT ELEVEN
Vekter wrote:The kid encouraged someone else to FUCKING KILL HIMSELF.

I'd be fine with him being unbanned on the server, but keep him forum banned.
Butthurt nerds tell me to kill myself on singulo all the time. Are you going to ban all of them too?

Also anyone can be posting with terbs name on singulo to say whatever the fuck they want. Three different people were trying to impersonate me recently. I've seen others impersonate Remie and goofball.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #90294

An0n3 wrote:
You went out of your way to track down an example of him being depressed just to use it against him. From the same subforum of singulo that's most popular thread is "Time for Anime Pornography" featuring a picture of Horo covered in jizz. Are you saying he's not allowed to feel bad or talk about it with other people now? You're trying to use shit he posted on /b/ as serious evidence against him. I'm sure if we dug through everything you've ever posted on the internet I could come up with some reasons why you're a pretty shitty person too.
Wow, Anon3, this is spectacularly shitty. As I said, the thread happened within the week. I didn't "search" for anything, I took a look at singulo /b/ a few days ago and it was the top thread. I was the one to get on IRC and alert oranges and MSO about the existence of this fucking thread, and I did it because I wanted to get out in front of what could have been the third such incident in the past six months, not because I was engaged in some bullshit hunt to incriminate Terbs. You're trying to make out like this didn't happen days ago. Honestly, Anon3, you don't really make any secret anymore of your contempt for the community, but I thought you'd at least draw the line at this sort of cheap bullshit. Terbs may be a victim, too, he's got a pretty fucked up life narrative or whatever, but we are not equipped as a community to get suicidal people the help they need, or handle the risk associated with having some shithead going around telling the depressed players down the block not across the street.

To clarify, I am not suggesting TheTerbs should be blacklisted because "he's not allowed to feel bad or talk about it with other people..." I am suggesting he should remain blacklisted because he is encouraging suicide in a community that has a fuckton of really depressed people in it. I consider it "serious evidence" against him because suicide is serious, yo. I liked April Terbs Day too, but having that isn't worth allowing this. Anon3 can question my motivation all he wants, I don't think my motivation is particularly relevant in this instance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90297

/b/ is a shithole by nature. It's the NSFW forum of the stenography forum. It doesn't count for anything, anywhere.

If someone was doing this in the actual forums for the game or OOC that would be one thing.

You're complaining about someone posting in the worst armpit of the whole community getting horrible life advice. NO.SHIT.