jones890

[Shadowlight213/Summoner] Niglet Jones - Ban without warning

Post by jones890 » #99865

Byond account and character name:Nigel Jones
Banning admin: Shadowlight213
Ban type (What are you banned from?):All Servers
Ban reason and length: Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2015-06-25 22:42:51
Your side of the story: I said some things that were inappropriate to the server.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, I know I fucked up, what I typed in was a joke I didn't want it to escalate or actually do any ERP, I'm really sorry if I offended anybody and I really would like to play SS13 again, I guess I've got a dirty, stupid sense of humor and I really didn't know it was not accepted here, but in all seriousness, message received, if I can get my ban repealed or shortened, I will never, ever fuck up like this again. P.S The guy i said it to was my friend and i know he took it as a joke.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Re: [Shadowlight213] Niglet Jones - Ban without warning

Post by Shadowlight213 » #99867

We take any sort of ERP very seriously here. Especially any non-consensual ERP, which is an instant permanent ban.
That being said, this is technically Summoner99's ban. I just helped them out with applying it.

To clarify the reason for the ban, it was due to this emote: Niglet Jones caresses vespa's left cheek with penis.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Re: [Shadowlight213/Summoner] Niglet Jones - Ban without war

Post by Ahammer18 » #99896

Summoner99 will be notified of this. As Palpatine said any form of ERP is very heavily punished here.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Summoner
Byond Username: Summoner99

Post by Summoner » #99931

We take ERP, mostly unwanted ERP that took place in a public place like chemistry, seriously here. I might shorten the ban from a permaban but only if the player who played Glen Vespa (Zeropyro1579) comes on here and explains what happened from their point of view.
Long time player and former admin
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #99972

It might have been easier to get word from the player of Glen if you'd actually bothered to try and talk to either of the participants before removing him from the server.

EDIT: It looks like the 'victim' hadn't even adminhelped this. Did you just catch a random sexual emote, hammer the ban button and forget about it?
Summoner
Byond Username: Summoner99

Post by Summoner » #100125

@TheBibleMelts, don't come in here and complain. The players who witnessed it was complaining for rounds in the future and showing pictures of the logs of what happened, Shadowlight and I checked the logs and I proceeded to contacted #adminbus and they said to solve it.

It happened in chemistry in a filed up medbay, people didn't apparently like it but apparently they didn't ahelp it till rounds later because they didn't know it's a bannable offense. In that time though neither the victim or the person who did it was even online.
Long time player and former admin
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #100476

You shouldn't ban people out of the blue, contact them first, even if it's just to say they're being banned. There's always extenuating circumstances that come to light.

This whole zero tolerance on ERP thing is just getting ridiculous, I don't see a need to ban people on first offences, especially in situations like this.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #100558

Poons the poon
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #100572

Summoner wrote:@TheBibleMelts, don't come in here and complain. The players who witnessed it was complaining for rounds in the future and showing pictures of the logs of what happened, Shadowlight and I checked the logs and I proceeded to contacted #adminbus and they said to solve it.

It happened in chemistry in a filed up medbay, people didn't apparently like it but apparently they didn't ahelp it till rounds later because they didn't know it's a bannable offense. In that time though neither the victim or the person who did it was even online.
Er, I was the one who captured it with a puush and posted it later just because of the "what the fuck" factor sine it was out of nowhere, and I thought my reaction was funny. I was actually surprised when the admits said they would ban him for it, since that hadn't been my intention at all, and it would have gone completely unnoticed otherwose. Not sure if this reply is worth anything, but I felt like I should just drop a little context for how it got saved
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #100583

I lifted it. If the other guy ever turns up and says he was traumatized by it I'll put the ban back but for now just dont do stuff like that anymore.