[tedward1337] rain_storm_gerbil - banned 4noraisins

Appeals which have been closed.
Rain_Storm_Gerbil

[tedward1337] rain_storm_gerbil - banned 4noraisins

Post by Rain_Storm_Gerbil » #107634

Byond account: Rain_Storm_Gerbil

Character name: M.E.T.A.G.A.M.E.

Banning admin: Tedward1337

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban.

Ban reason and length: 50 minutes, for spamming comms.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): July 27th, 8pm EST

Your side of the story: I was playing a pAI at the time. The guy who activated me, Pietro Burns, altered my directives to make me "use netspeak, spam a bunch of annoying shit, say HONK a lot and read Woody's Got Wood over the intercom and blame it on sec". I did all of the above very faithfully, but Ted decided to ban me like a shitler without even investigating or sending me a PM first.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think it's pretty obvious. I was just doing what Pietro programmed me to do, I never intentionally spam comms. I also know that appealing a 50 minute ban is pretty pointless, but I just felt like doing it to spite Ted for banning without an investigation.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Re: [tedward1337] rain_storm_gerbil - banned 4noraisins

Post by lollerderby » #107637

8. Speak like a normal person while in character. Don't spam, either IC or OOC. Don't use smileys, netspeak, etc. in IC speech.

Server rules have priority over pAI directives.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Rain_Storm_Gerbil

Post by Rain_Storm_Gerbil » #107640

lollerderby wrote:Server rules have priority over pAI directives.
I've never heard of server rules having priority over pAI directives or AI laws.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #107641

lollerderby wrote: Server rules have priority over pAI directives.
If this was true we'd have to ban every silicon that ever got laws from traitors relying them to lie/kill/sabotage things.

If someone commands a silicon to break the rules the person who uploaded the law should catch the ban
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #107644

The guy uploading this was a dick, and although I feel that the pAI should have ahelped(knowing this was against the rules) the ban makes sense, things like these are generally banned without questioning but in this case that was a mistake
Rain_Storm_Gerbil

Post by Rain_Storm_Gerbil » #107654

TechnoAlchemist wrote:And although I feel that the pAI should have ahelped(knowing this was against the rules)
Yeah, I dunno. I don't play silicons that much, I was just playing a pAI for shits and giggles because I was observing that round, so it never crossed my mind that I should probably ahelp a rule breaking law instead of just rolling with it. I just figured "well, he uploaded it, so it's his problem if this goes south".

The ban is lifted now so it's whatever, but I'll remember to ahelp shit like that next time I play a synthetic and get sketchy laws.