[Lemonlord] DarkNightSin - crappy ban

Appeals which have been closed.
DNS
Byond Username: DarkNightSin

[Lemonlord] DarkNightSin - crappy ban

Post by DNS » #122132

Byond account and character name: DarkNightSin , Pavlov The Purple
Banning admin:Lemonlord
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Server, temp ban.
Ban reason and length: Killed another crewman through valid escalation on a few occasions, but in the end gibbed said crewman after getting tired of his shit, I understand the sentiment, but this is not acceptable.
Why you think you should be unbanned: gave the dude three chances to just leave me alone and go away, the final straw that broke the camels back was him trying to a detonate a bomb on me.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):12:37 CT.
Your side of the story: Alright, was a chef, after making a bunch of food I afk to make some hot coco. Jayden RIch comes back asking for something and I said no, to which his response was " Well alright don't complain if you die then". Fast forward a bit, Jayden keeps hanging around the kitchen being weird, at one point he tries to jump over the table, I smack him around and toss him in medbay.
Round proceeds as normal, still semi-afking as usual. Come back, Jayden once again is trying to jump over the table, he takes one of my knives and we have a knife duel, beat his shit again, toss him in medbay, and take the shit he took from me back. He also had a bomb on him which I took to give to sec, only to find out from the CMO that as soon as Jayden was conscious he attempted to detonate said bomb which probably would've gibbed me and severely fucked up everyone around me. After I heard that, I beat his shit again, and tossed him in the gibber.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think the ban is crappy due to me giving the guy three chances to just leave me alone and he attempts to outright gib me/blow my ligger brain sky high, yet if I had let him live he would've just detonated it anyway and made off mostly scott free.
Either it was the gibber or constantly try to put up with him killing me, sec was barebones as fuck and hardly doing anything. I say he had it coming for not taking the other chances to just go back to R&D.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: [Lemonlord] DarkNightSin - crappy ban

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #122133

Escalation rules have always been that if someone comes back looking for trouble after getting dunked once, they're valid to be gibbed/body hidden. Especially in the case of workplace invasion.
Lemondo
Byond Username: Lemonlord

Re: [Lemonlord] DarkNightSin - crappy ban

Post by Lemondo » #122134

It's being lifted, I made a shoddy call there. Sorry man.